Brush Pen Doodles

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

Brush Pen Doodles

Postby Ghastly on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Did some doodling with the brush pen today. I find it handy some times when I'm really under the tyranny of the blank page to just grab a piece of scrap paper and start making lines and squiggles with a brush pen until something appears.

It's very liberating if you're not worried about making something good and just concentrate on keeping the pen in motion. Ink works better than pencil because you're committed to the lines you lay down so you just work with what you've got.

Kind of liked the creepy results.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Re: Brush Pen Doodles

Postby Churba on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 am

I really like it, it seems like a tiny girl somewhat unwillingly leading an army of green-skinned horrors.

I gotta admit, I miss our regular ghastly art - independently of the comic, ghastly is one of my favorite artists.

As a side note, Unca G, you still smoke your pipe, or did you give it away, so to speak?
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Postby Infinity-Iz-Blue on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 am

Looks kinda like the cover art for a post-apocalyptic graphic novel to me. There's an implied story in there. Damn, now my imagination is demanding my attention...
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'
Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Churba wrote:I really like it, it seems like a tiny girl somewhat unwillingly leading an army of green-skinned horrors.

I gotta admit, I miss our regular ghastly art - independently of the comic, ghastly is one of my favorite artists.

As a side note, Unca G, you still smoke your pipe, or did you give it away, so to speak?

I think someone else smokes his pipe for him, now...

Also, I'm loving the doodle, it reminds me of Little Nemo in Slumberland. :D
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic