I found this interesting

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

I found this interesting

Postby Ltc_insane on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:42 pm

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=856114

i found this news article quite interesting and the final paragraph most of all. i'd love to know how the Russian's can blame Poland for the outbreak of world war 2 when both Germany and Russia occupied Poland to begin with. it's kind of like blaming a rape victim of their own rape.
"You know, I used to think it was awful that
life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn’t
it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all
the terrible things that happen to us come
because we actually deserve them? So, now
I take great comfort in the general hostility
and unfairness of the universe."
- Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
Ltc_insane
Regular Poster

Re: I found this interesting

Postby Vedius Pollio on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Ltc_insane wrote:http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=856114

i found this news article quite interesting and the final paragraph most of all. i'd love to know how the Russian's can blame Poland for the outbreak of world war 2 when both Germany and Russia occupied Poland to begin with. it's kind of like blaming a rape victim of their own rape.

Who cares? The Polish are, alongside the Hungarians, possibly the most brainless nation in Europe.

They're pro-American lapdogs. AND they produced Pope John Paul II, the worst Pope in the entire history of the papacy, a man who crushed all attempts at reforming the Catholic Church and fucked up god knows how many developing countries with his stupid anti-condom policy (which even many Catholics think is fucked-up). (There is no Scriptural basis for a ban on condoms. Anywhere. Graham Greene argued that contraceptives existed in Ancient Rome and the fact that the Apostles didn't mention them is a sign that they didn't disapprove.)

Anyway, Hamlet had the right idea. Smite the Polacks!

EDIT:
Seriously, of all the Slavic countries, they're the only one that still seems stuck in the Reagan era. At least the Yugoslavs have the dignity of being stuck in the Middle Ages! (Normally, I like the European Union. It has good prostitution laws and good drug laws, except in Sweden. But the dumb Polacks are Reaganite scum and having them in the EU is going to slow down the passing of progressive laws.)

Also, the Polacks have no culture whatsoever. Zilch. Not even a pretentious, pseudo-French, Vaclav Havel culture like the Czechs have.

They only have a guy called Czeslaw Milosz whose only claim to fame is being a poet during the Reagan years when Polish authors were automatically respected for dubious political reasons.
"Leopards invade the temple and drink the wine from the chalices; this happens suddenly; in the end it was forseen that this would happen and it is incorporated into the liturgy."
-Kafka-
Vedius Pollio
Regular Poster

Postby Warmachine on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:58 am

I can't see John Paul II being the worst Pope. I believe the anti-condom policy is still in force. He also apologised over the persecution of Galileo and he acknowledged the Theory of Evolution. Benedict XVI has reversed the latter. This isn't saying much but I think the idiocy of John Paul II is because he's Catholic, rather than Polish.

As for Poland, I don't know much about it but I know the road system is very badly maintained. I can't believe you think anything can be worse than a Middle Age culture, even a Reaganite one. That their immigrants can recognise that work can be found in the UK and actually do it shows why their culture is better than the other Slavic ones. Which isn't saying much.

Blaming Poland for the outbreak of WWII is blaming the rape victim. Invading Poland is a known continental sport. Nobody invades them out of vengeance. Invading them is the standard to show you're a bad ass, land power.
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
Warmachine
Regular Poster

Postby Vedius Pollio on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:03 am

Warmachine wrote:I can't see John Paul II being the worst Pope. I believe the anti-condom policy is still in force. He also apologised over the persecution of Galileo and he acknowledged the Theory of Evolution. Benedict XVI has reversed the latter. This isn't saying much but I think the idiocy of John Paul II is because he's Catholic, rather than Polish.

As for Poland, I don't know much about it but I know the road system is very badly maintained. I can't believe you think anything can be worse than a Middle Age culture, even a Reaganite one. That their immigrants can recognise that work can be found in the UK and actually do it shows why their culture is better than the other Slavic ones. Which isn't saying much.

Blaming Poland for the outbreak of WWII is blaming the rape victim. Invading Poland is a known continental sport. Nobody invades them out of vengeance. Invading them is the standard to show you're a bad ass, land power.

Poland, Czecheslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Lithuania, and Estonia are all doormat nations. They only exist for world powers like Russia, Nazi Germany, and the USA to invade them.

Still, Medvedev is correct: we have Russia to thank for defeating the Nazis, and there's evidence that the Japanese were planning to surrender to the Soviet Union as well (which is why the US bombed Hiroshima - so Japan wouldn't turn communist).

The smartest thing America did was to stay out of WWII, save for a token commitment when victory was already certain.
"Leopards invade the temple and drink the wine from the chalices; this happens suddenly; in the end it was forseen that this would happen and it is incorporated into the liturgy."
-Kafka-
Vedius Pollio
Regular Poster

Postby Churba on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:24 am

Warmachine wrote:I can't see John Paul II being the worst Pope. I believe the anti-condom policy is still in force. He also apologised over the persecution of Galileo and he acknowledged the Theory of Evolution. Benedict XVI has reversed the latter. This isn't saying much but I think the idiocy of John Paul II is because he's Catholic, rather than Polish.

I can't argue there - John Paul II was a tossbag, but the new guy is a complete and utter fuckwit.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic