Download, play and vote for my game in Swedish Game Awards

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

Did you vote for it?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 2

Sahrimnir
Regular Poster

Download, play and vote for my game in Swedish Game Awards

Post by Sahrimnir »

Hi guys, did you miss me? I'm gonna try to be a little more active again.

Anyway...
For 10 weeks, 10 groups of students at the University of Skövde were going to make 10 games based on 10 ideas by 10 students.
One of those groups included me and the original idea for that game was mine. The end result can now be downloaded from here: http://www.fz.se/filer/?id=8916 The page is in Swedish, but just click one of the two big buttons to choose a way to download it. The game itself is in English.

After you're done playing the game, you can vote for it here: http://gameawards.se/competition_entries/269 This page is in English.

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Re: Download, play and vote for my game in Swedish Game Awards

Post by Aeridus »

So, 100,000 games then? ;)

Interesting intro, and I love the music in this game. :) However, you should probably have a popup menu for the Esc key so that people can choose whether to give up or not, and possibly add a linkback to the instructions should they forget what everything does. It's a bit disheartening to hit the Esc key and suddenly lose all progress on a level.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Sahrimnir
Regular Poster

Post by Sahrimnir »

Aeridus wrote:So, 100,000 games then? ;)
I see how it could be interpreted as that... But to clear things up: 10 students each came up with an idea (so, a total of 10). Then each idea got a group (total of 10) which was going to make a game out of their idea (still total of 10).
Interesting intro, and I love the music in this game. :) However, you should probably have a popup menu for the Esc key so that people can choose whether to give up or not, and possibly add a linkback to the instructions should they forget what everything does. It's a bit disheartening to hit the Esc key and suddenly lose all progress on a level.
We've got Cezar (one of our graphics artists) and Per Anders (our sound guy) to thank for the intro and music respectively. I would do something of the suggestions if I could. Unfortunately, none of the group members (and most importantly, the programmers) seem to be interested in continuing work on the game now that the project is over.

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

Pity. I wouldn't say it's an instant hit, but it's kinda fun, it just needs a bit more polish.

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Kittyboymuffin
Cartoon Hero

Post by Kittyboymuffin »

Ah, forum-nepotism. Count me in! |3

Cute, but yeah, needs more polish. Considering that this was a 10-member-team student-project, though, I'd say it was pretty damn good, really. The "race around the whole screen trying to keep track of everything" isn't my cuppa, but I'd say that's mostly my problem (read: my attention span); I confess I didn't spend very long on it. (Also, need settings, e.g. fullscreen/windowed.) And spawn-"kills" = bad.

Who was that goddess in the beginning who sent Cubid on his quest? Eris? :3 I also like how absolutely no concern was given for the genders of the members of each couple ... |3
A catboy is fine too. And I dancedancedance and I dancedancedance!

Kinkymuffin ^^

Quote: "The only thing better than tentacles is twentyacles." -- Dori, at TS MUSH

Sahrimnir
Regular Poster

Post by Sahrimnir »

Okay. Voting has closed. Thanks, everyone who voted for it.
Kittyboymuffin wrote:Who was that goddess in the beginning who sent Cubid on his quest? Eris?
That was supposed to be Venus...
:3 I also like how absolutely no concern was given for the genders of the members of each couple ... |3
I had decided from the start that I would not make a heteronormative game. Now it became binormative instead, but whatever...

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

Heh, yeah, it would have been interesting if in harder levels some people were strictly hetero or bi.

~Mavis Leyrer