what made u choose your user names

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)
User avatar
Vedius Pollio
Regular Poster
Posts: 804
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:54 am
Location: Melboure, Australia

what made u choose your user names

Post by Vedius Pollio »

I'll go first.

During the reign of Augustus Caesar, the North African part of the Roman Empire was governed by a guy called Vedivs Pollio. He was a mean bastard who fed his slaves to lamprey if they failed him. (sort of like having sharks with frickin lasers).

When Augustus was visiting Vedius, a slave accidentally broke a precious glass cup. Vedius ordered him fed to the lampreys, but Augustus intervened and spared the slave out of mercy. He then ordered that Vedius's entire glass collection be smashed.
"Leopards invade the temple and drink the wine from the chalices; this happens suddenly; in the end it was forseen that this would happen and it is incorporated into the liturgy."
-Kafka-

Lulujayne
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:56 am

Post by Lulujayne »

First* and second name, I'm a traditionalist :)












*Actually, it's technically a nickname, my passport reads "Louisa," but it seems to have atrophied from lack of use.
I shall keep myself in oysters for the rest of the week, thank you very much.

User avatar
WangyJohn
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 12:47 am
Location: Fort Europa
Contact:

Post by WangyJohn »

Derived from JohnnyWang, my usual handle, because I wanted a change, and because at the time (of me joining here), I was being a tad bit paranoid.

The etymology of JohnnyWang isn't really exiting at all. I saw the cover for some Norwegian movie title Jonny Vang, and went from there, also, at the time, I still read Penny Arcade.
The gospel preacher, the hostile teacher/The face of God with an impostor's features
This is the prophecy - the cult leader/The people's temple, the holy ground, the war compound
Four-pound to rifles, disciples, the holy idles/Supreme truth, the cult leader with the green tooth
The multi-millionaire with a stare that can freeze troops/I program people to kill
The motiviational speaker, my words cause people to feel/It's mind control, let the cult leader guide your soul
Open up your eyes to the lies he told/The general, the chief, I be the political pioneer
The cult leader, you can believe in me, I am here/Bless the children, take you under my wing, shelter
Helter Skelter, this is it, you can't kill me I'll exist forever. Cult Leader!

User avatar
Xero
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: BC
Contact:

Post by Xero »

uhh

I got a few nicks
I mix and match them when ever I feel like it
this one is the ass end of another nick
Platinumyo wrote:Can someone unban me?

User avatar
Doogitus
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Doogitus »

It's kind of like doogly, which was taken on comic genesis. Doogly was what my father picked for my first aol screen name way back in the day, when I asked him to set something up for me that was close to Doug but had no numbers. Numbers were way lame.

User avatar
Kittyboymuffin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:51 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Post by Kittyboymuffin »

I'm basically a distaff counterpart of "KimikoMuffin", my female screen name. Whom I got based on Kimiko, my first character at Shoujo-Ai MUSH, and who got the nicname "Muffin" for no adequately explored reason.
A catboy is fine too. And I dancedancedance and I dancedancedance!

Kinkymuffin ^^

Quote: "The only thing better than tentacles is twentyacles." -- Dori, at TS MUSH

User avatar
BriHahn
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: A computer

Post by BriHahn »

My nickname and the last name of my favorite Asian DJ.

I have a thing for Asian men, hence my wish to molest Aquastorm in strange and unusual ways.

However, my thing for Asian men is matched by my thing for Latino men. I just happened to be on a Joe Hahn kick at the time and have kept the name as convenient to remember no matter what forum I'm on at the time. I think there's only one forum where I'm NOT BriHahn in some way, shape, or form.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons... for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

User avatar
Illithid Tentacles
Regular Poster
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:38 am

Post by Illithid Tentacles »

Illithids have always been my favorite D&D monsters.
It is very dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

User avatar
Warmachine
Regular Poster
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:23 am
Location: Reading, England
Contact:

Post by Warmachine »

Back in ancient times, when the web was young, I played a computer game called Mechwarrior 2. It was based on a war game with figures representing three storey war robots with a pilot inside. Loved that game. Thus, the nickname. Also, it describes me love of strategy games and my machine-like adherence to logic and persistence.
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.

Wipperwill
Regular Poster
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Wipperwill »

Ok, my turn...and its a geeky one. My first charactor in Everquest 1 wsas a bard and his name was Wipperwill, after the songbird. I also had a Troll named Meaneye Kracscratcher but that doesnt really fit me most of the time.
There is no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness.

User avatar
Sexy_fork
Regular Poster
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Sudbury, the metropolis of the north!
Contact:

Post by Sexy_fork »

came about as a joke at prom. I took a picture of my friend mid-bite, of course sexy. well, as sexy as a mouthful of pasta can be. the joke then became that everyone needed to take a sexy picture with their fork. sexy with the fork. sexy fork. ta da!



nothing to do with actually being sexy. we all looked like retards.
Polymer chemists do it in chains.

User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5695
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by Aeridus »

I just latinized the root aero into a name. Because wind and water are my two favorite elements. I'm sure I could easily expand it to Aquaeridus... XD
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

User avatar
Detective Clem
Regular Poster
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Hammer's Homicide Team

Post by Detective Clem »

I'll give you one guess :roll:
Bukkakeing on chalk outlines the world over. Let's see Grissom and his bugs explain that one!

User avatar
Chthulhu
Regular Poster
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:09 pm
Location: Escondido, California
Contact:

Post by Chthulhu »

aeridus wrote:I just latinized the root aero into a name. Because wind and water are my two favorite elements. I'm sure I could easily expand it to Aquaeridus... XD
"This is the dawning of the
Age of Aquaeridus! The age of Aquaeridu-us!"
Mike Hungerford
http://www.chthulhu.com/models.html
{Insert Witticism Here}

Lulujayne
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:56 am

Post by Lulujayne »

Dammit Chthulhu, now I've got Sodomy stuck in my head.

Sodomy
Fellatio
Cunnilingus
Pederasty

Father, why do these words sound so nasty?

Masturbation
Can be fun
Join the holy orgy
Kama Sutra
Everyone!


Incidentally, I took my Anglican Reverend Grandfather to see Hair once when I was 14. Good, uncomfortable times were had by all.
I shall keep myself in oysters for the rest of the week, thank you very much.

User avatar
Xero
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: BC
Contact:

Post by Xero »

Lulujayne wrote:Dammit Chthulhu, now I've got Sodomy stuck in my head.
<3 sodomy
both the act and the word


SODOMY FOR ALL
Platinumyo wrote:Can someone unban me?

Nostromo
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Nostromo »

I was watching Alien at the time.

Not real creative I know.

User avatar
RavenxDrake
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:11 am
Contact:

Post by RavenxDrake »

Lulujayne wrote:Dammit Chthulhu, now I've got Sodomy stuck in my head.
I've got a pic that fits that mental image so perfectly... I think I'll restrict posting it to one of the picture threads so I don't derail this.

As for myself, RavenxDrake or RavenDrake has been my primary screen name and "persona", if you will, since my earliest online days in AOL. It's actually taken from an Online RP persona based in the Elric of Melnibonne universe, Ædrian the Raven Drake (black dragon). Yes, that's a horrible, horrible faux-fantasy name..

At any rate, RavenxDrake is my usual backup when I can't get RavenDrake to work.
Image
Think the Unthinkable,
Do the Undoable,
"F" the Ineffable,
And Unscrew the Inscrutable.

User avatar
LeftTentacleGreen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:40 pm
Contact:

Post by LeftTentacleGreen »

Somehow this strip created the image in my mind of tentacle monsters playing Twister.

Ergo...
Grab your dick and double click for porn! Porn! PORN! - "The Internet is for Porn", Avenue Q

Congratulations! You Have Saved the World From Stupidity! - Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

User avatar
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1981
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:35 am
Location: Finland, Finland, Finland
Contact:

Post by Prettydragoon »

Me, I had a plan to make a magical girl webcomic. But I thought seifuku were too much of a cliche, so my heroine was going to wear a cavalry uniform instead. Therefore,
I am Mighty Guardian Pretty Dragoon! In the name of the Midnight Sun, I will <strike>molest</strike> punish you!
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!

Post Reply