I confess

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

Re: I confess

Postby Protagonist on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Leeloo wrote:When I check the forums, threads with new posts have an orange* icon. Threads without new posts have a white icon.

* Different themes may use different colors.

Yeah, for me threads with new posts have blue icons. I occasionally end up logged out somehow, and then I get confused because I don't see any blue icons for an extended period of time, until I figure out that I'm not logged in anymore.
Protagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Aeridus on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

I confess that buying an Xbox 360 for my room was probably a bad idea. XD Now I'll never get anything done!
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Leeloo on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:55 am

I'm sure playing Halo will get boring after a while :P
Leeloo
Regular Poster

Postby Aeridus on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Oh, I never liked Halo, I'm more of a Fable fan. :P

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Leeloo on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:01 am

Never heard of it. I guess it's not on the list of X-box games worth mentioning. Which seems to consist of Halo and erm... Halo :lol:
Leeloo
Regular Poster

Postby Kittyboymuffin on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Only if you're the kind of self-absorbed prat who can't comprehend anything except Halo.

Not that I know from personal experience, since I don't have anything current-gen ...
A catboy is fine too. And I dancedancedance and I dancedancedance!

Kinkymuffin ^^

Quote: "The only thing better than tentacles is twentyacles." -- Dori, at TS MUSH
Kittyboymuffin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Leeloo on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:22 pm

I wouldn't know, I don't have a Halo-box. When I say "worth mentioning", that's exactly what I mean. Whenever someone tells about all the great X-box games, they mention... Halo.

Oh well, it's still better than the Playstation 3. So far that list includes only Gran Turismo 5, "as soon as it comes out" - which seems to be around the same schedule as Duke Nukem Forever. And the stupid thing can't even run PS2 games, so no Gran Turismo 4 either. As much as MS has tried, the PS3 currently takes the price as most useless console ever.

I'm staying with my PS2, until sports games drop to far less than 90% of the games available for the Wii.
Leeloo
Regular Poster

Postby Churba on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:45 am

I confess that it goes without saying, any ghastlyites who drop by LA when I'm there are free to join me for a good drinking session.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Postby Infinity-Iz-Blue on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:57 am

Firstly: Open invitation muchly appreciated, Churba, not that I'm ever visiting the States (that I know). Maybe I'll bring you up to speed with the crap we call politics, or would you rather not know? If I was moving to another country I'd probably never want to hear about Nick f*cking Griffin again.

Secondly: Leeloo, Fable, not worth mentioning? Are you Serious? What kind of frag-crazy Halo-heads have been telling you about XboX? How about Mass Effect, Civilisation Revolution, Overlord, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4; Oblivion? Whoever's been talking to you about the console have seriously narrow gaming horizons.

I confess that Halo 3 really dissapointed me, doubly so because I really enjoyed Halo, and totally loved Halo 2. Too short, too easy, story sucked. I really shouldn't have to pay £30 for a game I can only enjoy online. Won't someone think of the poor, mild mannered, stay-at-home, insult-allergic, solo FPS players (like me)? Seriously, I played Halo 3, cried, then dug up my archived copies of DooM and Dosbox from my old hard drive, I was that traumatized... :cry:
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'
Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Postby Churba on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 am

Infinity-Iz-Blue wrote:Firstly: Open invitation muchly appreciated, Churba, not that I'm ever visiting the States (that I know). Maybe I'll bring you up to speed with the crap we call politics, or would you rather not know? If I was moving to another country I'd probably never want to hear about Nick f*cking Griffin again.

I live in Yorkshire right now. I already don't want to hear about Nick fucking Griffin again. The amount of trouble I've had with this place is absolutely insane, and it's simply been caused by greater British culture.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Postby Leeloo on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 am

Infinity-Iz-Blue wrote:Secondly: Leeloo, Fable, not worth mentioning? Are you Serious? What kind of frag-crazy Halo-heads have been telling you about XboX? How about Mass Effect, Civilisation Revolution, Overlord, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4; Oblivion? Whoever's been talking to you about the console have seriously narrow gaming horizons.

Apparently not worth mentioning, no. Elder Scrolls and Oblivion I've heard about, but not in connection with the Halo-box. I assumed those were PC games. (Parhaps PC games with a port?)

Noone in particular, mostly the usual MSFT astroturfers on slashdot :lol:
Leeloo
Regular Poster

Postby Aeridus on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:57 pm

I confess that Star Trek Online is pretty amazing, apart from odd bugs like giant tribbles. Hopefully all the major bugs get squelched by release. :D

~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Infinity-Iz-Blue on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Star Trek online? Do tell. I can only imagine how that could work. Either you'd have to be one of the crew (Yeah, go join the navy if you want that sort of experience), or else there'll be zillions of ships zipping around in an overcrowded galaxy. Oh wait, that's what multiple servers are for... :roll:
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'
Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Postby Protagonist on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Aeridus wrote:I confess that Star Trek Online is pretty amazing, apart from odd bugs like giant tribbles. Hopefully all the major bugs get squelched by release. :D

I confess that STO looks quite interesting, but until I have a steady source of income the monthly fee will keep me away. I should probably check out the beta at some point in the near future.
Protagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Aeridus on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:13 am

The beta's only for another week, so hurry up. ;)

I confess that I want this gravestone: http://www.oglaf.com/bliss.html

~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Protagonist on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:21 pm

I confess that I'm slightly drunk and listening to an Iron Maiden cover of a Jethro Tull song. Fridays are wonderful.
Protagonist
Regular Poster

Postby Kittyboymuffin on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 pm

I confess that I'm now on the "Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled" program. And I'm going to get about $3700 shortly and then $688 a month after that. Which means that somewhat soon (after I've dealt with things like "how much to put in savings" and "how much to throw at my college loans I owe"), I might get a computer which can actually run such games ...
A catboy is fine too. And I dancedancedance and I dancedancedance!

Kinkymuffin ^^

Quote: "The only thing better than tentacles is twentyacles." -- Dori, at TS MUSH
Kittyboymuffin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Protagonist on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:21 am

Aeridus wrote:The beta's only for another week, so hurry up. ;)

Everyone seems to be out of beta keys. No beta for me. :(
Protagonist
Regular Poster

Postby RevChris77 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:52 pm

I confess that there's really not much going on right now that I'd need to confess about.
RevChris77
Regular Poster

Postby Aeridus on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:24 am

I confess that Great Harvest Bread Company makes the best bread ever.

~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic