Whoa! Ghastly extracurricular comic found?

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

Whoa! Ghastly extracurricular comic found?

Postby THE KOOL AID MAN on Wed May 24, 2006 7:18 pm

Recently in /b/, a bunch of comics have been popping up relating to "Assdip-chan" and "Gym-chan" which reads like a copypasta and ends with the classic Bel-Air lyrics. But the comic style is... quite Ghastlian, if I say so myself!

COME CLEAN, GHASTLY. WE KNOW YOU'VE BEEN ARTING FOR /B/ IN YOUR SPARE TIME.
shadows jumpin' all over my walls, some of 'em big and some of 'em small
THE KOOL AID MAN
Regular Poster

Postby Swordsman3003 on Wed May 24, 2006 8:06 pm

Well, shame on you!!! Post pictures or else this thread is the shitz0r.
Swordsman3003
Cartoon Hero

Postby THE KOOL AID MAN on Wed May 24, 2006 8:42 pm

Fine, communist!

shadows jumpin' all over my walls, some of 'em big and some of 'em small
THE KOOL AID MAN
Regular Poster

Postby Ghastly on Wed May 24, 2006 9:04 pm

I have been found out. Although the Bel Air ending is not mine.

This is my first commissioned work. Here's what happened.

A reader and a b-tard sent me a copy of that "By golly you're going to experience an aggrivated sexual assault" pic that was edited to show me holding a tub of dip. I told them I didn't get it and then I was told about Assdip chan (and Gym chan) as well as about the doujinshi that some b-tards have been drawing. This person then begged me to draw an Assdip chan doujinshi as well. I told them I could not because between GGC, Apophenia, and not less than 3 new comic series I want to work on my spare time for drawing requests is precious little. I was further encouraged (ie. pestered) to draw the doujinshi. I remembered what Clay said about getting pestered by people to draw special projects and how he'd ultimately discourage them by saying "Sure thing, just paypal me $250 and I'll draw it" so I decided to try that.

Well, the bluff was called. Long story short we worked out the terms of the commission, the money was sent, and now I'm drawing the doujinshi.

If you're curious about the terms, they're

1) I retain all copyrights and originals to the work.
2) The story is mine to write.
3) The characters are mine to design (they originally wanted Bridget as Assdip-chan and Link as Gym-chan, I was only interested in doing it if I got to create my own character designs).
4) It would be drawn in a very quick and sketchy fashion, typically 1 hour per page and not more than 2 hours per page max.
5) The doujinshi would be a minimum of 8 pages and no limit on the maximum.
6) While I retain the copyright and originals the patron of the work is free to post it on their webpage should they wish.
7) I will not reveal the identity of the patron unless they give me permission to do so.
8) The patron will not identify me as the artist unless I give them permission to do so (I guess even when I'm drawing fast and sketchy my work is still identifiable as my own).
9) I will try to draw at least 2 pages a week until I'm finished the story, e-mail a copy to the patron and post a copy to /b/.

So if anyone is enjoying this strange new comic you can be sure to thank Anonymous B. Tard for it. They paid for it.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ghastly on Wed May 24, 2006 9:11 pm

If you'd like to see the work so far, but arn't brave enough to suffer /b/ (and who could blame you) here's what's been drawn so far.

As you can see I'm already ahead of schedule, and it definetly looks like it's going to take me more than 8 pages to draw the story.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised I got found out.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Wed May 24, 2006 9:27 pm

Whoo! I love it! :D
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ghastly on Wed May 24, 2006 9:35 pm

I think the spelling mistakes are what gave it away as being my work. Although in my defence, I'm trying to whip each page off as quickly as possible, I'm not really proof reading that well. I'll probably go back later and correct the spelling errors and typos.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Swordsman3003 on Wed May 24, 2006 9:37 pm

That is the greatest story ever told.
Swordsman3003
Cartoon Hero

Postby Goddessmisca on Wed May 24, 2006 9:38 pm

Ghastly wrote:I"Sure thing, just paypal me $250 and I'll draw it" so I decided to try that.

If I had that kinda money....

I'd be investing in peep pluhies
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus
Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ghastly on Wed May 24, 2006 9:41 pm

Before anyone gets too warm and fuzzy about the story, I should probably warn you, it's going to turn into a very goofy yaoi rape hentai once Muscles-senpai shows up (in about two pages).
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ghastly on Wed May 24, 2006 9:43 pm

Goddessmisca wrote:
Ghastly wrote:I"Sure thing, just paypal me $250 and I'll draw it" so I decided to try that.

Now just to find 20 more people willing to pay $250 for a Peep Plushie and we'd be set.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Indigo Violent on Wed May 24, 2006 9:47 pm

The plural of "monsieur" is "messieurs".
(Bilingual pedantry is fun! Yay!)
"In operating system terms, what would you say the legal system is equivalent to?"
"Slow. Buggy. Uses up all allocated resources and still needs more. Windows. Definitely Windows."
~Freefall
Indigo Violent
Cartoon Hero

Postby Goddessmisca on Wed May 24, 2006 9:54 pm

Ghastly wrote:
Goddessmisca wrote:

Now just to find 20 more people willing to pay $250 for a Peep Plushie and we'd be set.

I wish...I wish
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus
Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Postby LindaH on Thu May 25, 2006 2:22 am

oooo this is good!!!!
have you hugged a Lobsta today? join the Lobsta Liberation!

Rest in peace vengybabe
LindaH
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Thu May 25, 2006 3:00 am

nice work on the backgrounds. some nice technical stuff cropping up I see.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Ghastly on Thu May 25, 2006 5:23 am

Speling errers koractud.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Spiral Zer0 on Thu May 25, 2006 6:27 am

Ghastly wrote:Before anyone gets too warm and fuzzy about the story, I should probably warn you, it's going to turn into a very goofy yaoi rape hentai once Muscles-senpai shows up (in about two pages).

umm, I fail to see what's wrong with that. hell I'm beating off right now just at the thought of it.

I'm so happy I joined here.

Spiral Zer0
Regular Poster

Postby Aeridus on Thu May 25, 2006 7:11 am

Spiral Zer0 wrote:
Ghastly wrote:Before anyone gets too warm and fuzzy about the story, I should probably warn you, it's going to turn into a very goofy yaoi rape hentai once Muscles-senpai shows up (in about two pages).

umm, I fail to see what's wrong with that. hell I'm beating off right now just at the thought of it.

I'm so happy I joined here.

*agrees heartily*

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ghastly on Thu May 25, 2006 8:26 am

Page six is drawn. Don't know if I'll get anymore drawn this week. It might not start up again until Monday.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Thu May 25, 2006 9:04 am

Yowza, Muscles-senapi has huge nipples! XD

~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic