I hate Insomnia

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

Postby Gealachtine on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:54 pm

Chiropteran wrote:As for valerian, if you keep it in the house, be warned; it is sme-e-e--lly! I put a bottle of valerian capsules in a cabinet once and when I opened the cabinet, the smell nearly knocked me over.

Fun fact: Valerian is one of the mildest herbal tranquilizers, but it is also where they originally got Valium from. Valium is either an extract or a synthesized version of something in valerian, I can't recall which. Weird.

Valerian is also good for menstrual cramps, though I don't know that that is much help to the OP.

Yeah, try drinking a tea of it. :P
I thought there is a pill form which is not stinky at all...but my memory of such things is like a steel sieve - strong and leaky. ;)

It's also opium for cats! Originally called Cat's Valerian - put it in a catnip toy, then put it down quickly and get out of the way. They LOVE the stuff and guard their stash like dragons over a hoard. (As well as drool incessantly when in the midst of a valerian bender.) XD
"This salad semen smells funny. Honey have you been eating a lot of asparagus lately?" :P ~Gealachtine
Gealachtine
Regular Poster

Postby Queenhank on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:03 pm

You know, cats are so crazy around catnip because it sexually excites them.
You know what I love? Free music.
Queenhank
Regular Poster

Postby Boo Radley on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:06 am

gealachtine wrote:
Boo Radley wrote:This is the good thing about olanzapine. Out like a light, every night.

Yeah, it's also good for massive weight gain. Be careful, I gained about 80lbs before I refused to take it anymore, I gained another 25 before it was out of my system - topping out at 300lbs. Now, 2 years and 130lbs lighter, I want to choke the ever living hell out of the pharmaceutical company who makes that vile shit!

Happily, that doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Ten pounds in two months
isn't a huge deal, really.
Boo Radley

Re:

Postby Churba on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:44 am

Gealachtine wrote:
Boo Radley wrote:This is the good thing about olanzapine. Out like a light, every night.

Yeah, it's also good for massive weight gain. Be careful, I gained about 80lbs before I refused to take it anymore, I gained another 25 before it was out of my system - topping out at 300lbs. Now, 2 years and 130lbs lighter, I want to choke the ever living hell out of the pharmaceutical company who makes that vile shit!

Also, you should be super careful of any Benzodiazepine based drugs, including thienobenzodiazepines like Olanzapine - Super addictive, and a whole host of adverse side effects and psychological effects.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Re: I hate Insomnia

Postby Halo299 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm

wow, this thing is still here? i actually forgot about posting this.

ironically enough the insomnia has gotten much worse over the years. I am just now recovering from about a 9 day bout that really knocked me off track.

my aversion to alcoholic has also improved.
Halo299
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:17 am

Ouch, that sucks. :/ Glad to see you're still around though. :-)
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 am

I'm not sure if this is spam, properly in context, or both. XD
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Churba on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Fun fact: Valerian is one of the mildest herbal tranquilizers, but it is also where they originally got Valium from. Valium is either an extract or a synthesized version of something in valerian, I can't recall which. Weird.
I missed this before, and the answer is No.

Vallium is not a Drug, it's a brand name.

Valium (the pill itself) is composed of Diazepam, a Benzodiazepine.

Diazepam was the second benzodiazepine to be invented, after Chlordiazepoxide, and both are entirely synthetic - the latter was invented by accident during work on chemical dyes. There is nothing herbal or natural in them whatsoever, nor are they derived or inspired by anything herbal.
Last edited by Churba on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Postby Halo299 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Aeridus wrote:Ouch, that sucks. :/ Glad to see you're still around though. :-)

i pop in every now and then to see whats up.

this place was like home to me on the internet for a while. I have to come back and visit on occasion :)
Halo299
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic