I fucking hate idiots who work in Cell Phone kiosks.

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

Postby Goddessmisca on Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:45 am

Ghastly wrote:That's pretty much exactly what happened to expert retail help. Too many idiots to deal with for not enough money. That's why I left retail. Now adays stores know they'll not be able to attract anyone with expert knowledge so they don't even try. Any idiot off the street can get a job.

well sometimes people who should can't.

IE: I've worked in libraries for 4 years during highschool, know backwards and forwards all three of the common shelving systems, I know authors and titles based on workiking with books and people and popularities based on check outs. I've also worked other retail for a few years so I know a bit of sales....and I was un qualified to work for a used bookstore which arranged it's non fiction by dewey....
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus
Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fire Storm on Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:06 pm

Goddessmisca wrote:
Ghastly wrote:Now adays stores know they'll not be able to attract anyone with expert knowledge so they don't even try. Any idiot off the street can get a job.

well sometimes people who should can't.

Same here. I am over qualified for most the computer, cell phone, television, and camera/camcorder sections of stores (When I was working retail, I was actually TRAINED in these departments, and I learned whatever I could from the vendor reps that came in).

But when I tried to get a second job at one of those stores, I never even got a call back.
Fire Storm
Regular Poster

Postby Toawa on Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:07 am

Personally, I find the concept of being "overqualified" for something to be rediculous. If a person can do the job, and is willing to do the job, the employer shouldn't concern themselves about whether or not the person is "overqualified."

The only thing I can think of to "justify" it is the employer claiming that there'd be higher turnover because the person is unhappy at such simple work, but I don't buy that argument.
Toawa, the Rogue Auditor.
(Don't ask how I did it; the others will be ticked if they realize I'm not at their stupid meetings.)
Interdimensional Researcher, Builder, and Trader Extraordinaire
Toawa
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jackalope on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:30 pm

It's also harder for the employer to treat "overqualified" employees like slave labor as they're more likely to know their rights and assert them. And they're more likely to actually qualify for pay raises under the employers own contract rules.

I ran into that when I was working at a local department store that was bought out by a larger chain. All of us who had seniority were given crappy hours and the worst shifts in an effort to make us quit so the company wouldn't have to pay our higher hourly rates. And the teenagers they rehired with were too ignorant to realize some of the story "policy" being handed out was blatant violation of labor laws. Or some of it was OSHA safety violations (I got injured by a fixture that fell on me that wasn't bolted down, then they didn't want to pay workers comp or honor the doctor's orders that said I had to stay off my feet).

Hell, this type of crap is why WalMart is getting hit with multiple lawsuits right now. And it happens pretty much anyplace a company thinks they can get away with it.
The Cult of Surf'thulhuImageIya! Iya! Surf's up, dude!
It's been said that in the event of nuclear holocaust, only two things on Earth are likely to survive: cockroaches and Keith Richards. --Frontline News.
Jackalope
Regular Poster

Re: I fucking hate idiots who work in Cell Phone kiosks.

Postby Churba on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:24 pm

constantoo wrote:hi,
why all these hassle, one of the very best method to unlock ur phone is by codes, and not by any other method, even there are sites which gives u hot gay sex for some of the nokia phones
I am frankly stunned. Relevant spam, in my forum? It's more likely than you think.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:08 am

Might want to delete the link in your post so that when the spammer is removed people don't inadvertently click on your link either. ;)

But yes, that spambot sure had to dig deep for a relevant thread...
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Goddessmisca on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:46 am

MMMM spam!
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus
Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Postby Churba on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Go back and re-read the post, our thoughtful overlords have edited the link out.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chthulhu on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Goddessmisca wrote:MMMM SPAM musubi!

There; fixed that for ya. :-)
Mike Hungerford
http://www.chthulhu.com/models.html
{Insert Witticism Here}
Chthulhu
Regular Poster

Re:

Postby Leeloo on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:15 am

Since we are reviving this thread anyway...

Toawa wrote:When I first read the topic, though, I thought you were perhaps talking about the overly-pushy kiosk minders you occasionally run across. One time, a while back, I was walking through the mall, passing all the kiosks with nary a glance, when one of them said, "Sir! Can I interest you in this cell phone." (or something to that effect.) As per usual, I ignored him with skills honed by two years of walking through UIUC's quad. (Anyone who has done so at any large college or university should know exactly what I'm talking about.) But he is undetered: "Sir!" I continue walking. "Sir!!" By this point, some other passerby veers toward me and says (with a non-malicious, informational aire), "Hey, that guy's trying to get your attention..."

"I know. He's trying to sell me a cell phone."

Something similar happened to me once. Around here, the fuel chains have cards, like credit cards, except that you can only use them to pay at fuel stations operated by that particular chain. All the chains do that, even though you can also use regular credit cards or debit cards, and around here like everyone has a debit card, so I don't really see why. The local supermarket also sells fuel, and that day, they had some people trying to get people to sign up for the cards just inside the entrance. As always, I ignored them, but when I was leaving, one of them followed me. Now, I walk pretty fast, so he didn't get close enough to get my attention, but he kept following me, even when I left the shop.

He followed me all the way to my bicycle, where he finally caught up (I needed to stop to unlock my bicycle), and said "I guess I won't be selling you a fuel card for that one" :D :lol:
Leeloo
Regular Poster

Postby Aeridus on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Heh, kinda creepy. XD I'm glad I never had a job based on commission.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Churba on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Aeridus wrote:Heh, kinda creepy. XD I'm glad I never had a job based on commission.
I almost took a job as a cold-caller, but I came down with a sudden case of self-respect.
Churba
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic