34,000 lbs of bananas...

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)
User avatar
Honor
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3775
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:02 am
Location: Not in the Closet
Contact:

Post by Honor »

jpnadia wrote:The bold being the reason for the "almost"?
...And here I was hoping you'd just repeat "...flip me over and fuck me hard, 'til I cry like a little girl..." so I could say "My pleasure, darling girl." :twisted:

Wangy & Churba wrote:re: Bananas are the Atheist nightmare
The hilarious thing, to me, is that a) most bananas don't quite fit the lovely description he gives, and b) like most modern food plants, our bananas bear little close resemblance to the ones we originally found in nature... Having been heavily selectively bred, modified, sterilized, and asexually mass re-produced.

The perfect final line to such a pinhead might be "So, you see, like god, mankind created the banana in the image we chose it to have, to suit our own needs and purposes... Needs and purposes some see as beneficial, but are probably, in the long run, kind of bad for everyone."

Spiral Zer0 wrote:...try not to run over any black dudes sporting headphones, nuns are worth more points.

it kinda strange because I was thinking about doing this as a part time carrer. how do you enjoy it?
I wouldn't think of it, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :-)

I wouldn't dream of saying it's the right choice for everyone, of course... It takes a rather specific set of outlooks, needs, and abilities, I suppose... But if you can meet those, (and I happen to think most people could, if they wanted to) I'd say it rocks.

You can make pretty decent money, overall - anywhere from $25 or 30k a year if you don't work too hard, to upwards of $60-90k a year, plus, if you work at least a little hard, and a little smart.

Actually, I found a bit of a dearth of un-slanted and complete information on the subject when I was considering and preparing... Everything I found seemed to fall neatly into one of two categories - Recruitment ballyhoo, and sour-grapes whining. So, I kind of intend to "write the book" on the subject, although the "book", at first at least, will probably just be a website.

So, I won't go into all the various personality traits and skills I think a person needs, uninvited, but feel absolutely free to ask anything you might think of...
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Image
Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com


Warning: Xenophile.

User avatar
Seth Marati
Regular Poster
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:26 am
Contact:

Post by Seth Marati »

1) Roughly how many bananas make up 34,000 pounds, and

2) By extension, how many Wal-Mart customers do you suppose might be finding *alternative* uses for the fruit?

...Sorry. I'll see if I can't come up with a more "serious" question another time.

(Here's another, though: Why do I always have to read topics or journal entries that mention food when I'm really freaking hungry?)
"No self-respecting alien would let zombies beat them to the punch." - Warflyzor

User avatar
Honor
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3775
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:02 am
Location: Not in the Closet
Contact:

Post by Honor »

Seth Marati wrote:1) Roughly how many bananas make up 34,000 pounds, and

2) By extension, how many Wal-Mart customers do you suppose might be finding *alternative* uses for the fruit?

...Sorry. I'll see if I can't come up with a more "serious" question another time.

(Here's another, though: Why do I always have to read topics or journal entries that mention food when I'm really freaking hungry?)
1) I'd be willing to estimate it at right about 100,000 bananas.

2) Probably all of them at least think about it.

Extra credit) You don't, really... You just notice it more when you are. ;-)
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Image
Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com


Warning: Xenophile.

User avatar
Kingofthemorlocks
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:40 pm
Location: Morlock City, capital of the Morlock Underground Nation

Post by Kingofthemorlocks »

On the topic of jpnadia and ice cream stands...

I've watched her eat ice cream. It's absolutely mesmerizing. And I think, with a little practice, she'd have no problem fitting an ice cream stand in her mouth.

Just sayin'.

User avatar
Jpnadia
Regular Poster
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Jpnadia »

kingofthemorlocks wrote:On the topic of jpnadia and ice cream stands...

I've watched her eat ice cream. It's absolutely mesmerizing. And I think, with a little practice, she'd have no problem fitting an ice cream stand in her mouth.

Just sayin'.
You seemed to be quite capable of ignoring me at the time. It was quite vexing.

Honor: I was going to make a case for the inclusion of "flip me over and fuck me hard, 'til I cry like a little girl...", and then I reread your post and used my elite internet quoting skills in an attempt to make myself sound like less of an idiot-- it's this thing I do on the internet, where it's much easier to make an impression by consistently not sounding like an idiot than eating ice cream in interesting ways, which is one of many ways I make impressions in real life.

After I posted it, too, I had some clarifying points that I was considering including involving establishing a common definition of "crying like a little girl"-- what distinguishes little-girl crying from the crying of other people? And then, thinking about it more, it really would be more metaphorical, because crying has never quite happened to me, though it's certainly a possibility about which I've read.
kingofthemorlocks wrote:Pardon me, my parents are having sex. Now, where did I put that broom...?
I'M HERE TO LEARN HOW TO KICK ASS FROM UNCLE GHASTLY.

User avatar
Kingofthemorlocks
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:40 pm
Location: Morlock City, capital of the Morlock Underground Nation

Post by Kingofthemorlocks »

Well, when the guy you were dating at the time was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO US...

User avatar
Jpnadia
Regular Poster
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Jpnadia »

kingofthemorlocks wrote:Well, when the guy you were dating at the time was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO US...
So? It shouldn't have mattered. I was only playing.

... of course, I later determined that the guy I was dating at the time was... I'm not sure I can find an elegant way to describe him. Let us not speak of him again. Ever. Especially since he will not be returning to our school to bother us. (Unless I need to vent at something and he proves a convenient target, in which case let us speak of him in suitably scathing terms.)
kingofthemorlocks wrote:Pardon me, my parents are having sex. Now, where did I put that broom...?
I'M HERE TO LEARN HOW TO KICK ASS FROM UNCLE GHASTLY.

User avatar
Kingofthemorlocks
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:40 pm
Location: Morlock City, capital of the Morlock Underground Nation

Post by Kingofthemorlocks »

For all intents and purposes, he has fallen down the Old Well. And Lassie is too busy gnawing on a rawhide chew toy to notice.

Also, I didn't totally ignore you during those times. I joined you in deep-throating ice cream cones at least once or twice, remember? And joked around about how the ice cream looked like a sea cucumber after you'd dragged yoru lips and teeth over it from a few different angles.

User avatar
Jpnadia
Regular Poster
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Jpnadia »

kingofthemorlocks wrote:For all intents and purposes, he has fallen down the Old Well. And Lassie is too busy gnawing on a rawhide chew toy to notice.

Also, I didn't totally ignore you during those times. I joined you in deep-throating ice cream cones at least once or twice, remember? And joked around about how the ice cream looked like a sea cucumber after you'd dragged yoru lips and teeth over it from a few different angles.
The sea cucumber happened after I was eating it properly, though. Also, teeth are not involved in eating ice cream. Ow. Lips and tongue, thank you.
kingofthemorlocks wrote:Pardon me, my parents are having sex. Now, where did I put that broom...?
I'M HERE TO LEARN HOW TO KICK ASS FROM UNCLE GHASTLY.

User avatar
Kingofthemorlocks
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:40 pm
Location: Morlock City, capital of the Morlock Underground Nation

Post by Kingofthemorlocks »

My apologies.

Heh.

"JP, stop fellating the sea cucumber!"

User avatar
Jpnadia
Regular Poster
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Jpnadia »

kingofthemorlocks wrote:My apologies.

Heh.

"JP, stop fellating the sea cucumber!"
I was never fellating the sea cucumber. That was my point. It became the sea cucumber because I was eating the ice cream cone with the intent of consumption.

... I can't believe we're arguing about this.
kingofthemorlocks wrote:Pardon me, my parents are having sex. Now, where did I put that broom...?
I'M HERE TO LEARN HOW TO KICK ASS FROM UNCLE GHASTLY.

User avatar
Kingofthemorlocks
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:40 pm
Location: Morlock City, capital of the Morlock Underground Nation

Post by Kingofthemorlocks »

True. Enough argument then. Would you like some ice cream?

User avatar
Jpnadia
Regular Poster
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Jpnadia »

kingofthemorlocks wrote:True. Enough argument then. Would you like some ice cream?
I had some ice cream. With my Brownie of Godliness.

--but, with the offer of ice cream, you deprive me of the opportunity to post, "You know, I liked it better when Honor was talking about flipping people over and fucking them hard until they cried like little girls." Now, my loyalties are divided. Can I have both?
kingofthemorlocks wrote:Pardon me, my parents are having sex. Now, where did I put that broom...?
I'M HERE TO LEARN HOW TO KICK ASS FROM UNCLE GHASTLY.

User avatar
Kingofthemorlocks
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:40 pm
Location: Morlock City, capital of the Morlock Underground Nation

Post by Kingofthemorlocks »

That's up to Honor. Honor, can I apply ice cream to you?

User avatar
Ce6
Regular Poster
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:27 pm
Location: two blocks from the ocean
Contact:

Post by Ce6 »

Honor wrote:...
Actually, I found a bit of a dearth of un-slanted and complete information on the subject when I was considering and preparing... Everything I found seemed to fall neatly into one of two categories - Recruitment ballyhoo, and sour-grapes whining. So, I kind of intend to "write the book" on the subject, although the "book", at first at least, will probably just be a website.

So, I won't go into all the various personality traits and skills I think a person needs, uninvited, but feel absolutely free to ask anything you might think of...
While you're busy writing that book, here's another one you might want to look at:
A Thousand Miles from Nowhere: Trucking Two Continents
I've always had a bit of the wanderlust in me, and randomly stmbled across this book at my local library 6 or 7 years ago, so I picked it up and read it on a whim.
It's a first-person recounting from a journalist who rode along with truckers travelling across Europe and the US.
I found it rather interesting at the time.
Life is what you make of it. You only get one shot, do with it what you can to make it the best.
Rants, raves, and just about anything else I feel like sharing on no particular topic whatsoever.
"The world...it's...it's full of stupid." -JB
"I'm going to the special hell." - Ghastly

User avatar
Churba
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:39 am

Post by Churba »

(@ Icecream Conversation)

Image

User avatar
Spiral Zer0
Regular Poster
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:39 am
Location: Winchester, VA
Contact:

Post by Spiral Zer0 »

too lazy to quote, I find the job appealing because i can listen to music and not have to deal with anyone's bullshit.

I guess if you need social interaction the radio's could come in handy but personally the idea of driving down long and open highway with a cigar in my mouth and some george thurgood playing is my ideal job.

take pictures of your endeavors.
Image

Image

User avatar
Honor
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3775
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:02 am
Location: Not in the Closet
Contact:

Post by Honor »

ce6 wrote:...here's another one you might want to look at:
A Thousand Miles from Nowhere: Trucking Two Continents...
Added to my Amazon shopping list. Thank you :-)
Spiral Zer0 wrote:too lazy to quote, I find the job appealing because i can listen to music and not have to deal with anyone's bullshit.

I guess if you need social interaction the radio's could come in handy but personally the idea of driving down long and open highway with a cigar in my mouth and some george thurgood playing is my ideal job.

take pictures of your endeavors.
The appeal of not having a boss directly breathing over your shoulder, and of having about a three foot commute (sleeper berth to driver's seat) and being able to work in jeans and a tee or whatever, smoking, listening to tunes, etc. are certainly among some of the major things some of us love about the job :-)

If you want to know more about it, and/or look into it, the company I'm with will train you from a dead start to being issued your own truck. And, if I refer you, I'll get a bonus, and split it with you :-)
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Image
Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com


Warning: Xenophile.

User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5695
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by Aeridus »

I just want a "no boss" job where I can make comptuer games all day and get paid for it. :D But I'll settle for a small gaming company or perhaps some job where I can make really cool computer generated graphics.

I'm not big on driving, as they showed us the worst possible things that could happen in explicit videos during driver's ed in high school... :P
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

User avatar
Jpnadia
Regular Poster
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Jpnadia »

I want to run a business.
kingofthemorlocks wrote:Pardon me, my parents are having sex. Now, where did I put that broom...?
I'M HERE TO LEARN HOW TO KICK ASS FROM UNCLE GHASTLY.

Post Reply