S&M by e-mail?

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)
User avatar
Halo299
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:02 am
Location: kentucky
Contact:

S&M by e-mail?

Post by Halo299 »

as a few of you may have figured out by now, i have some pretty exotic taste when it come to sexual stuff.

this has caused me to look in some pretty out of the way places on the internet.

and i have heard mentioned a couple of times now the concept of s&m style relationships taking place over the internet.

i can't wrap my mind around how that would work.

does anyone here have any knowledge to share about this that might help me understand this?

thank you once again guys.

-halo

User avatar
Tyras
Regular Poster
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:08 am
Contact:

Post by Tyras »

It's probably a matter of role-playing.

Or an honor system of "forcing" a distant partner to do (or not do) something in real life. Nothing would actually force them to actually carry it out, but that's a large part of the fun.




.......or so I've heard.
Image

User avatar
Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4484
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:49 am
Location: Hovering Squidworld 97A
Contact:

Post by Squidflakes »

webcams help.... a lot
Squidflakes, God-Emperor of the Tentacles.
He demands obeisance in the form of oral sex, or he'll put you at the mercy of his tentacles. Even after performing obeisance, you might be on the receiving ends of tentacles anyway. In this case, pray to Sodomiticus to intercede on your behalf.

--from The Bible According to Badnoodles

perverted and depraved and deprived ~MooCow

Visit the Naughty Tentacle Cosplay Gallery

User avatar
Awkwardschoolgirl
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:16 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by Awkwardschoolgirl »

Well, it would most likely be a cybersex role-play thing. It also usually involves the dom telling the sub to do something IRL and then they do it and report back. It could also require the sub making a list of all of their clothing and giving it to the dom so that s/he can tell the sub what to wear, and/or an online journal/blog that is private between only you and your partner. These are all examples of the rules of a dom I had an online s&m relationship with a few months back, though I won't disclose his name because he's a GGC forum member and... that could get weird. :P
Tentacle love from,

Awkward <3

User avatar
Halo299
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:02 am
Location: kentucky
Contact:

Post by Halo299 »

awkwardschoolgirl wrote:Well, it would most likely be a cybersex role-play thing. It also usually involves the dom telling the sub to do something IRL and then they do it and report back. It could also require the sub making a list of all of their clothing and giving it to the dom so that s/he can tell the sub what to wear, and/or an online journal/blog that is private between only you and your partner. These are all examples of the rules of a dom I had an online s&m relationship with a few months back, though I won't disclose his name because he's a GGC forum member and... that could get weird. :P
OMG now i am wondering who it was...oh wait...i think i know.

hmm, considering a few RL situations going on right now i might like to try that kind of thing. Any ideas on where to start looking before i just start posting adds on random message boards, because i don't want to talk to homeland security again.

wow, i must trust you guys a lot.

-halo

User avatar
Awkwardschoolgirl
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:16 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by Awkwardschoolgirl »

Halo299 wrote:
awkwardschoolgirl wrote:Well, it would most likely be a cybersex role-play thing. It also usually involves the dom telling the sub to do something IRL and then they do it and report back. It could also require the sub making a list of all of their clothing and giving it to the dom so that s/he can tell the sub what to wear, and/or an online journal/blog that is private between only you and your partner. These are all examples of the rules of a dom I had an online s&m relationship with a few months back, though I won't disclose his name because he's a GGC forum member and... that could get weird. :P
OMG now i am wondering who it was...oh wait...i think i know.
It's not Squiddy if that's what you were thinking. :)
Tentacle love from,

Awkward <3

User avatar
Halo299
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:02 am
Location: kentucky
Contact:

Post by Halo299 »

awkwardschoolgirl wrote:
Halo299 wrote:
awkwardschoolgirl wrote:Well, it would most likely be a cybersex role-play thing. It also usually involves the dom telling the sub to do something IRL and then they do it and report back. It could also require the sub making a list of all of their clothing and giving it to the dom so that s/he can tell the sub what to wear, and/or an online journal/blog that is private between only you and your partner. These are all examples of the rules of a dom I had an online s&m relationship with a few months back, though I won't disclose his name because he's a GGC forum member and... that could get weird. :P
OMG now i am wondering who it was...oh wait...i think i know.
It's not Squiddy if that's what you were thinking. :)
the way my mind works in somewhere between a champion chess player, a person who sufferes from paranoia, and a crack head. So much logic...so much useless information...so much willingness to draw conclusions from seeming unrelated data...yet my success rate is really quite amazing.

no, i wasn't thinking squiddy but he was right up there at the top.

-halo

User avatar
Xnapalmxmorningx
Regular Poster
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: Philly
Contact:

Post by Xnapalmxmorningx »

That just seems like too much work or at least that it would be lacking.

and yay for logic and uesless information
Image
----------------------------------------------------------
"Napalm's orgasms are so intense, that the ensuing vibrations in the earth's crust have caused merely the action of having sex with her to be illegal in all states near major volcanoes and earthquake faults. Also, she has a bad habit of summoning five major devils as she screams during orgasm."
- aeridus' vile insult

User avatar
Slander
Regular Poster
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by Slander »

I considered pointing you to collarme.com, but, in over a year of having a full profile (pictures and all) there, I've never once had a contact from someone that I didn't message first. From the tales I've been told by some of my female friends, they usually get about 200 messages a day. One even claimed to still be getting messages for up to a month after she deleted her account.

If you're just interested in roleplaying, you could try ShangrilaMUSH.com. If you're a male Dominant, it's not hard at all to get play there. It's a different story for male submissives, I hear, but it's not impossible.

Yahoo Chat also used to be a pretty good place to roleplay, but that changed when Yahoo eliminated the user-created rooms. A lot of the better Yahoo players are on Shangrila now. Yahoo Groups still has some good roleplaying groups.

ThePalace.com also has several BDSM servers, but I find that they've grown rather cliqueish since I stopped regularly visiting. Also, bad typing is the norm, not the exception.

There's BDSM all over the Internet. You just have to look for it.

User avatar
Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4484
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:49 am
Location: Hovering Squidworld 97A
Contact:

Post by Squidflakes »

Heh.. Shang.

The legend of Takoika LIVES!
Squidflakes, God-Emperor of the Tentacles.
He demands obeisance in the form of oral sex, or he'll put you at the mercy of his tentacles. Even after performing obeisance, you might be on the receiving ends of tentacles anyway. In this case, pray to Sodomiticus to intercede on your behalf.

--from The Bible According to Badnoodles

perverted and depraved and deprived ~MooCow

Visit the Naughty Tentacle Cosplay Gallery

User avatar
Mskala
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:52 am
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Mskala »

Slander wrote:I considered pointing you to collarme.com, but, in over a year of having a full profile (pictures and all) there, I've never once had a contact from someone that I didn't message first. From the tales I've been told by some of my female friends, they usually get about 200 messages a day. One even claimed to still be getting messages for up to a month after she deleted her account.
That's the story on more vanilla kinds of dating sites, too. Men respond to women's ads. Women do not respond to men's ads. Men can post ads if they want to, but they don't get responses, and That's Just The Way It Is, Some Things Will Never Change. I don't know how it is for homosexuals - maybe gays get lots of responses from each other and lesbians get none? Probably nothing that simple. Anyway, it's quite disappointing if you're a man who fetishizes strong, initiative-taking women.

User avatar
Honor
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3775
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:02 am
Location: Not in the Closet
Contact:

Post by Honor »

Slander wrote:I considered pointing you to collarme.com, but, in over a year of having a full profile (pictures and all) there, I've never once had a contact from someone that I didn't message first.
I have a profile at CM... I've met five people from there for live events, and talked to a lot of others on IM, email, and phone... And I never msg first, unless it's to answer a question an interesting sub has posted in her profile.
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Image
Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com


Warning: Xenophile.

User avatar
Slander
Regular Poster
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by Slander »

Y'know, I've decided. I'm gonna start a "Sadie Hawkins" dating site, where only the women can initiate contact. Men can reply to messages, but only to messages they haven't sent a response to before.

Does that sound like a good idea to you folks?

User avatar
Awkwardschoolgirl
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:16 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by Awkwardschoolgirl »

That's an awesome idea. Yaaaay Slandy-poo!!
Tentacle love from,

Awkward <3

User avatar
Swordsman3003
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3879
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:37 am
Location: Gainesville, FL
Contact:

Post by Swordsman3003 »

I could go for that :shucks:

User avatar
ManaUser
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Seaside Town, CA, US

Post by ManaUser »

Definitely worth a try.

User avatar
LindaH
Regular Poster
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:33 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by LindaH »

Honor wrote:
Slander wrote:I considered pointing you to collarme.com, but, in over a year of having a full profile (pictures and all) there, I've never once had a contact from someone that I didn't message first.
I have a profile at CM... I've met five people from there for live events, and talked to a lot of others on IM, email, and phone... And I never msg first, unless it's to answer a question an interesting sub has posted in her profile.
have one there too. in fact that is how i met my beloved! :D
have you hugged a Lobsta today? join the Lobsta Liberation!

Rest in peace vengybabe

User avatar
Slander
Regular Poster
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by Slander »

I'll do some research and see what it takes to do something like this. To be honest, though, I don't have clue one where to begin. I also don't know much about hosting a site, programming it, etc, nor do I have the money to run a dating site out-of-pocket. (Also, I was hoping to do it as a free site, a la OKCupid.)

So, unless someone with business acumen, php expertise, and deep pockets wants to back me up, this isn't happening for at least a year.

When it does, though, you lot will be the very first to know.

User avatar
Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4484
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:49 am
Location: Hovering Squidworld 97A
Contact:

Post by Squidflakes »

You can get a hosting package that will handle a site like that with moderate traffic for around $30-$40 a month. That usually includes PHP on the sever with an already installed forum, database, gallery, and a few other applications.

A quick check on FreshMeat or SourceForge would probably turn up a number of applications that would allow you to store pictures and profiles, and then all them to be searched. Hell, just the standard phpbb that this forum runs on would be most of what you need.
Squidflakes, God-Emperor of the Tentacles.
He demands obeisance in the form of oral sex, or he'll put you at the mercy of his tentacles. Even after performing obeisance, you might be on the receiving ends of tentacles anyway. In this case, pray to Sodomiticus to intercede on your behalf.

--from The Bible According to Badnoodles

perverted and depraved and deprived ~MooCow

Visit the Naughty Tentacle Cosplay Gallery

User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5695
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by Aeridus »

Just make sure you get a lenient hosting service. Some of them are rather restrictive about what can be hosted (ie no porn or lewd materials)... others don't care.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Post Reply