hmmm....

Postby Lanty on Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:03 am

Apparently, no one visits the forum, do they?<P>
Lanty
Regular Poster

Postby Jeffrey rowland on Wed Aug 01, 2001 1:12 am

i was going to post, but i wanted to wait until someone else did first.<P>I like the old way better... i liked how the more "comical" style juxtaposed the dark subject matter.
Jeffrey rowland

Postby Lanty on Wed Aug 01, 2001 1:55 am

I'm beginning to think a lot of people agree with you. I've received emails from several irate fans who liked the old style. It seems the juxtaposition worked well for everyone. NOTE: Today's (8/01)installment of
<A HREF="http://www.whenigrowup.net" TARGET=_blank>When I Grow Up</A> hit a little close to home.<P>Decisions, decisions...<P>Oh well, maybe a new style will be tried on my NEW comic premiering soon at a Keenspace near you (it's actually gonna be humorous). It's a team effort, so it'll be something new for me.<P>Stay tuned...<p>[This message has been edited by lanty (edited 08-01-2001).]
Lanty
Regular Poster

Postby Shepherd on Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lanty:
<B>Apparently, no one visits the forum, do they?
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey, I just read the comic today. And I like the new art style -- much more mood-oriented -- but I also really, really dug the old style. The new one seems a little more "traditional" while the old one had that thick-lined childish appeal that contrasted kinda cleverly with the dark theme of the comic...<P>...so I like them both; the newer one meshing with the disturbing story, the older one providing more of a contrast.
- Matt
<P>------------------
Matt Shepherd, Writer
<A HREF="http://manmancomics.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Man-Man Comics</A>
Shepherd
Regular Poster

Postby Lanty on Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:34 am

Thanks for the comments...I think I might try to infuse the old and new styles together. Fortunately, the new style isn't a whole lot different from the old one, so it shouldn't be too hard to find some middle ground between the two. <P>Current Mood:
Itchy watery eyes
Lanty
Regular Poster

Postby She-God on Tue Aug 07, 2001 7:06 am

I like them both. Although the old style is a little more charming, it made today
She-God

Postby Lanty on Thu Aug 09, 2001 8:09 am

Thanks for the input. It's always nice to know that someone actually cares whether or not I put the comic out.<P>During the comic's hiatus, the site will be undergoing redesign.<P>
Lanty
Regular Poster

Return to Pluginboy