BOO! THIS COMIC SUX!

Postby Ghislain_WildCat on Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:26 am

So you think this comic sucks, eh harleq? How 'bout YOU do a comic strip? We'll see who really sucks. ^w^<P>I would really apreciate that you respect others more than that. AC doesn't deserve to be treated that way. And make other people pissed is a really lame way to pass your time(Hey! How come you have time to do that when you don't have time to be polite and nice???).
Ghislain_WildCat
Regular Poster

Postby Ghislain_WildCat on Thu Sep 06, 2001 6:42 am

Harleq, there's one thing you don't seem to understand. A comic doesn't necessarily need good art to be good. Even the best looking comic can have a crappy story.<P>Oh, by the way, it's "an ugly HEART reflects an ugly face". Wich may be YOUR case.<P>Get a life!
Ghislain_WildCat
Regular Poster

Postby ~Dragoness~ on Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:42 am

Ahaha.. Thats a good one Ghislain ^_^ Okay now.. I'm pissed. I suggest that before you go on dissing a good comic, then how 'bout you show us some of your work huh? If you were a good artist, you'd like this comic. Obviously, your not, and you don't have a good heart. That is so sad.. A moronic girl yelling out her opinion like she's an idiot - which I'm pretty much guessing she is. Now little girl, go off to *study* for *school. I think your puny little 6 year old brain needs something to fill it up with..<p>[This message has been edited by ~Dragoness~ (edited 09-10-2001).]
~Dragoness~
Regular Poster

Postby Illusion on Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:39 pm

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but the writing that you showed earlier...that's not talent. It's like those little sophmoric people that use big words to make them sound impressive, without really understanding the whole point of them. The writing almost looks like an 8-year-olds with words replaced to levels which most people would find annoying. There's no flavor, and due to that it's just words. It shows nothing, it captures nothing, and certainly does not make the story flow. "Big words" are not used, and not supposed to be used in order to impress people. Anybody can use difficult words. Robots can remember information. But to actually use those words effectively? That requires some creativity. Not some drone worker of society (somehow I see this person as a cubicle worker with no life, no friends, no family, no success, and then loses her low-paying overworked boring job which she punches in numbers and remembers big words to translate).

Sorry, but...it's more than obvious that the writing was deliberately wrote by someone who's not talented, but wants to be talented so they try to use big words so everybody's forced to say it's good, since they don't understand one freaking thing that's said on it.

All artists start at one point. Most of the other 'better' comics, do draw the picture over and over again. How can you say a computer graphics artist sucked 3 years ago because it didn't look as good, since he didn't have the resources to be able to? I would say that if <the author of the comic> is consistantly working on this, and starts finding new useful tools to give a better presentation...I would say it would look decent.

I mean really. This is like telling someone's song sucks because it's bad sound quality.
Illusion

Postby AnimeCanuck on Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:22 pm

Hi Illusion. For a second, I was wondering whether you were talking about me, or Harleq.. but I see you meant him.(her?)

Thanks for the moral support, I hope you like my comic.. And I hope to continue to improve!
(I also hope to get up more strips soon.. heh.)

Well.. Thanks!
^_^
<A HREF="http://nafta.keenspace.com">Image</A>
Hot girls. <i>Litterally</i>. <a href="http://thermalyte.keenspace.com">Thermalyte</a>
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Postby Illusion on Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:57 pm

Yep, sorry if it was confusing.

I'll probably be hanging around these boards regularily pretty soon (as with any other mailinglist/message board I get involved in).
Illusion

Postby AnimeCanuck on Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:30 pm

Hey! That's cool with me!
I enjoy feedback a lot, I'd really appreciate it! ^^

-AC
<A HREF="http://nafta.keenspace.com">Image</A>
Hot girls. <i>Litterally</i>. <a href="http://thermalyte.keenspace.com">Thermalyte</a>
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Thermalyte