mainomai

mainomai

Postby Zenodotus on Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:23 pm

(oimoi! they don't allow font tags here!)

Mainomai: It means "I'm raving, I'm mad, I'm drunk, I'm delirious." Like the Maenads, but male in my case.

So there I was, minding my own business, doing a google search on pantheon - the building. In Rome. I found a different Pantheon, indeed. And I'm in love.

So I thought I'd say, xaire, you have a new fan.

By day I am a computer geek. By night I'm a crazed Hellenophile. I amuse myself by reading the homoerotic bucolic mimes of Theocritus, or Herondas' nice poem about matrons dildo shopping - in Greek. I offer my services for future racy Greek needs, in prose or verse. :)
Zenodotus

Postby Metrobius on Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:26 am

Yippee! Welcome!

I can always do with more help with Greek - sounding out the alphabet and identifying definite articles is about the limit of my ability.

My parents went to Europe just recently. They took lots of photos of the Pantheon specially for me. :)
Metrobius
Regular Poster

Postby Zenodotus on Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:17 pm

Metrobius wrote:I can always do with more help with Greek - sounding out the alphabet and identifying definite articles is about the limit of my ability.

Well, I'll be happy to help.

My parents went to Europe just recently. They took lots of photos of the Pantheon specially for me.

How cute!
Zenodotus

Return to Pantheon, The