Isn't it St Patrick's day?...........

Postby Shard_of_emerald on Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:33 pm

*shrugs off another useless holiday*

Just in the mood for a good ramble. The board needs it. *nudges at the comatose board with her foot*

Well poser has quickly become a "I'll do it later" thing. *nods* Suffering from quick bordem-itis. I need to get myself together. I think I'll go through and organize some of the poser folders. Sometimes working in a re-organized area will start me going again. Here's to luck and alot of patience! Cheers! *toasts poser and spills wine on the keyboard* Well, sh*t.

hehe. Well anyways, how's the Rpg coming? *looks at Alice with big excited puppy eyes* I need to get my characters done... *puts it on her to do list* Remind me to lose this list later. *nods as she looks at the 3 yrds of to-do's* Definately lose it... Burn it maybe......

Well I've been extremely bored all weekend. Probably because I couldn't convience myself to get away from the tv long enough to do anything. It's about 4:30 and I have 6 more hours before I hit the hay, but I'll probably waste that uselessly surfing the web and watching tv, then I'll get back on the post later tonight and curse myself for not doing anything constructive. *nods* Sounds like a plan to me. Later all!

Jennet

*runs off to carry out her deviously boring plan*
Shard_of_emerald
Regular Poster

Postby Sapheire on Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:42 pm

Yeah, the board kind of died. :smile:

Hehe, St. Patricks day is just for drinking. They make a pretty big deal of it here in Pittsburgh. But way too many drunks around, really. O_o

I hope you get going again on poser--I'd like to see some of the stuff you make on it! :grin: Especially your character :grin:

The RPG is going great, even though it's taking me longer than I wanted. I've got three more characters to play (my grand total is five not including the pointless shopkeepers and such that I have to play) and they're pretty cool. We've got the races pretty much worked out now. Really what I need to do is get all of it on a webpage and post it. I'm just lazy about typing up stuff--but certainly not creating. That's the fun part. :smile:

I was useless myself until today. I was bummed, but then it turned out I had no reason to be bummed after all, so I started being productive. Unfortunately my job is starting so I'm going to be more busy lately, but in the past that's just made me more resourceful with my freetime. Hopefully that means more comic. And RPG. :smile:

ALICE
I like bananas.
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby Spockerel on Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am

*gasps at the shocking blasphemers of St. Patrick's Day* No, no, no! You have it all wrong!!! St. Patrick's day is for eating corned beef & cabbage, sillies! *yum, yum, yum* :lol: Yeah, we underage people have all the fun. Oh yeah.
Of course, this means my stepdad is going to come home talking in an Irish accent again. A bad Irish accent. He sucks at accents. Of course, he starts talking in accents randomly, no matter if it's SPDay or not, so...go figure.
Argh! Hockey season is over! Well, it has been for a while, but it just kind of hit me. Well, don't get me wrong here, I don't really care one way or the other about hockey, but I work at hockey games! And I still have a crush on that guy at work. And now I probably won't see him until hockey season starts again! And on the last night I saw him, he did and said lots of confusing things that made me wonder if he likes me. :???: *goes to pound a wall into submission, cursing loudly :mad: * So...yeah!
See, Alice, all you need to lift your depression is a good solid crush. Then you'll just want to hit things in frustration! :roll:
Also, it gives you good reasons to use incredible amounts of smilies...sorry. That's why they're called "EMOTIcons," right? I would wink, but that would be the last straw, I suppose. He he. Anyway, it's almost midnight, which will mean the end of St. Patrick's Day, and it's probably already gone where everyone else is. So I'd better post this while half of it still has relevance.
Lauren
Don't you wish "pellucid" was?
Spockerel
Regular Poster

Postby Xaffythe on Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:53 am

st patrick's day bothers me, because people make cookies and banners for it. Why bother? Why spend that time baking when you could be DRINKING?
Plus it's the holiday associated with my birthday (mar. 16) and it's somewhat uncool to be the birthday leprechaun
Xaffythe

Postby RedChr on Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:17 am

You have a problem with cookies?? Have them make all the cookies they want the more the better, that and drinking..hmmm...beer cookies, I think that is how I will make my millions...
RedChr

Postby Shard_of_emerald on Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:54 am

And the board lives!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahahaha!!!!

Oh, erm... sorry. :oops: Well I'm home for lunch right now. *twiddles her thumbs* I'm bored!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that work is any better. In K-1 and K-2 there's a total of 8 kids. *nods* 3 teachers for 8 kids, there's really no point in the matter. We have like one boy in my class, so there's not too many people to wrestle with, although the girls can hold their own, hehehe.

St. Patrick's day used to be really big around here, but I haven't seen any evidence of it lately.

I actually convienced myself to work a bit more on poser last night. I think I'll move all my stuff from the zip drive back to the hard drive. Somewhere between poser and my zip drive poser is crashing. Don't like crashing, not at all. *shakes her head* I wrote my bro out a 100 dollars last night, so I can get him to update my comp, hehehe.

Woohoo, RPG!!!!!!!!!! *huggles it* Something to do when I'm bored!!!

Well I'm glad you have a job! yay!!! hehehe, well I'm gonna go waste the last 20 minutes at home uselessly surfing the web.

Jennet
Shard_of_emerald
Regular Poster

Postby Sapheire on Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:22 pm

I think Keen is down. Or at least the comic pages are, but the messageboard is up.. :???:

See, St. Patty's day isn't so fun for me, because even though I can drink, I just don't like to. O_o I do sometimes, but only on verrrry rare occasions. Even then, I usually don't get drunk. :razz: hehe Kaulani and I actually used to randomly break into accents like that. We went to camp one time and spent the whole week using English accents. They were very bad, too. ^^;

Man, that's not cool. Did you get his phone number? :grin: If not, you should find it. Next season is a looong way away!

I like emoticons. :smile: hehehe

Oh, happy late birthday, Xaffythe! Sorry I missed it!

Beer cookies!!! XD That would be so gross! hehehe

I still don't see how you could do that job, Jennet. I really don't think I could deal with kids for that long. heh, now I'm working at CompUSA. Boring job, but it will pay my bills, ne? And I actually care about some of the stuff we sell there.. and I got fulltime so I get benefits and stuff.. So that's definately better than my last job.

I still wanna see your poser stuff... ^_^ You must finish something and show meeeee........ eek, scary. ^^;

eh, heh heh.. you know, you guys are going to hate me in that RPG. Absolutely hate me. You think I'm mean to the fms characters? heh.. You ain't seen nothing yet.. hehe evil... Although I'm giving you guys a chance to make it better. ^_^

Blarrgh. anyway, I have to work 9 to 5 tomorrow, so I actually have to go to bed at a decent hour. 'don't know how I'm going to get to sleep...

Alice
I like bananas.
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby Shard_of_emerald on Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:19 pm

*pats keenspace on the head* Confused little piece of ..erm... n/m.

Drinking... wha's that? hehehe. I'm not a big drinker. Haven't even ever been drunk. *nods* I'm a good girl. hehehe.

Hehehe, I dunno how I put up with the kiddies someimes myself. Just alot of patience I guess. I'm meant to be a mother. *grins*

Hehehe, I can't wait for the RPG. *grins evily* My books are aweful because I kill alot of my main characters. *nods* I'm horrible. And I found out I usaully kill of the most lovable too, hehehe. Isn't that terrible?

Ugh, I found a new poser eye tutorial. It's like 12 layers long and each layer has 5 steps...... *cries* Took me 45 mins because I was following the tutorial, but the person who wrote it says it usaully takes about 30 mins. I guess I should do a random portrait and get it up for you guys to see. Shouldn't take awefully long.... *nods* I'll have it by Sunday....

Slime chamber Harry Potter play set....? Sorry, watching TV.... *stops watching TV*

Well have fun at work!!!

Later all!!!!!

Jennet

*starts watching TV again*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shard_of_emerald on 2002-03-18 20:20 ]</font>
Shard_of_emerald
Regular Poster

Postby Blackthorn on Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:25 am

St Patrick's Day:marketing plan cooked up by the Guiness people, not that I'm complaining.They've even started advertising it on posters here...I hope they start doing that for all the holidays, then my mother might actually get a card on time next year.
Beer is good.Guiness is good.But they pale in comparison to the greatness of the English accent!

;P

only joking, hehehe
XD
Blackthorn
Regular Poster

Postby Sapheire on Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:18 pm

Heeey... Arrgh. Dunno if I'll finish that page. I had a friend over. We worked on the RPG but not pages. I'll be able to do both once I get the freaking info pages up. I'm getting lazy about this. I need to not be lazy, but if work takes up most of my day... And I can't stay up late like I used to, either. I need a new schedule for the comic. It probably won't be daily. At least not until I get a handle on my schedule.

Heh, I can't see myself with children, honestly. ^^; I, uh, gotta have a boyfriend first. :grin:

Arrgh... I'm so mean.... I need to email you about the RPG. Some of my meanness might affect your character. You might be able to save it and make it better, but... -_-... I'm downright kind to the fms characters in comparison to this rpg so far.. I'm waiting for more people to join the message group and then I'll start posting majorly.

Heh, I wrote a fantasy novel once.. I killed more than half the characters in the end, including the main character, who was reeeeally sweet. I'm quite mean. Evil, really.

Woo.. I'll be glad to see it. You've talked so much about it that I really must see what it looks like now. :grin:

hehe you're lucky, you have a cool accent. american accents (especially from where I'm from) suck. :grin:

Later-----and more pages soon I mean it! ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Alice
I like bananas.
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby The Little Green One on Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:11 am

Well, I don't have to complain about St Patrick's day because we don't celebrate it in here. I don't even know what it is...

But I hate drinking. I really do. I mean, I'm not totally against alcohol, but being drunk, yes. It's so ugly. But the Finnish alcohol culture...well, maybe I shouldn't say anything...:roll:

I had some problems signing in to that mailgroup but finally I managed to do it. Whoo! *Hurray*

You're mean? Well, you don't know our GM... Nowadays, my character is under a spell that made her forget everything during the last two weeks ingame-time, and if she tries to remember what happened, she'll be hurt really bad. Makes it VERY difficult to play...:cry:

You can be happy to have some kind of an accent. Mine is something mixed. Mostly English, but if I've learned a word in american English, I say it like that. It's terrible.
The Little Green One

Postby RedChr on Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:43 am

I will have to come up with beer cookies now...hmmm....maybe not so much made from beer as made to be consumed with beer, instead of beer nuts beer cookies. I'm naughty, I haven't checked the thread I psted on in a couple of days :-/ so there is a lot to catch up.

I enjoy imbibing alcohol from time to time (usually monthly, due to the monthly parties at my house...) but getting drunk is a lose of controll usually or just poor judgement (I have been guilty of both in the past). But, I guess everything has it's time and place.

Children, god, I was once engaged and we had that discussion, the thing the really freaks me out is that by my age my parents already had me and my mother was pregnant with my brother. I can't even imagine that now, what the hell would I do with kids?!?! *shudders*.....**shudders more**. Maybe some day, like when I am 35 and finally our of school...

p.s. I may have posted this twice, I apologize if I did
RedChr

Postby Shard_of_emerald on Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:58 am

*gives alice a cookie for effort* We know you try and you'll never leave us! hehehe, lazy, I understand lazy. *nod* But I've been trying. Got the eye maps straightened out (finally!!). No problem there. *nods* No more messing with eyes unless it's constructive. I have a habit of deleting earlier work if I go back and don't like it or want to work on a clean palette. I need to finish Srein's (is that an ok name?) eyes tonight and redo the eyelash map. (another deleting spree ran off with those...) Skin is a piece of cake and I'll do that too. Lemme see......... *thinks about the other things* Argh! The lips! *hasn't even tried yet* Those are going to be a pain, I hate learning something, because I'm so impatient and I haven't developed a style with it. Nails should be pretty easy, eyebrow's are going to take all of tomorrow night....... *hates eyebrows*

Ok, enough of that mumbo jumbo. Kids are fun, hehehe. We've got a total of 7 today. I swear all the parents have decided to take a week off of work. I have no other explanation for the lack of students. We have a total of 12. Any less makes for a very boring day.

Oh! Email me! (oh and by the way I sent a request to your ICQ) Hope ya don't mind.

Actually, in my first 2 books there's a family of 5. By the end of book 2, 1 is left.

Redneck is the only accent I've heard lately...... hehehe.

Jennet
Shard_of_emerald
Regular Poster

Postby Xaffythe on Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:37 pm

argh damn yahoo and its snarky ways!!
It won't sent the messages to my real email adress, even though I told it to. SASS BEYOND SASS! /smacks yahoo around :razz:
I want to play in the RPG but I am painfully inept so I will probably just watch. XD;
Xaffythe

Postby Sapheire on Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:39 pm

I don't need alcohol. Sugar will do the trick if I want to be crazy. And it's cheaper, and I have a tight budget. I have to wait so long for paycheck... *sigh*... Although beer cookies is funny. I'd imagine them very gross tasting, I don't like the taste of beer. :razz: hehe

Well, I'll just warn you, both me and Ed are making the plot for the rpg, and if we have one thing particularly in common, it's that we both are very, very cruel and heartless to characters in our stories. It's quite tragic, but makes alot of plot. The characters must suffer!! Grrr!! :lol:

...but I am serious. O_o

Kids... I know what you mean, I think it's absolute insanity that my stepsister, who is close to my age, has a kid now, and the other one, who is younger than me, is getting married. I can't imagine getting married now, much less having a kid!! But hanging out with kids some is fun. I do love my little cousins (who are 4 year old twins) very much! So cute!! I just can't hang out with kids for too long. ^_~

Mapping, mapping... Lots o mapping. Yeah, some maps can be a serious pain, especially if they won't fit correctly. That's what wraps are good for generally. Actually I usually take forever with skin maps, but only because I make a lot of discolorations as such. I have a very large "no one has a perfect complexion" thing. Srein is a good name. It sounds like L'Kavrikan without the ' between consonants, which could have been dropped if she lives in Mynin. :grin: Which she does if she's Eilora's gf. :razz:

Ooh, I should check my icq then. (I always forget!) I'll send you an email about plot sometime soon too! (your character is still flexable, I just feel I should warn you of my eeeeevil...)

Evil yahoo! Blah, if you want to play RPG, then play. I'm very inept myself. No experience/skill required! No pressure either--just fun here! :grin:

Alice
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby The Little Green One on Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:54 am

Hey, kids are nice (for I'm one of them, too :razz:) Seriously, I love kids. I like doing babysitting, if I get paid. Last sommer I was babysitting for our family friends who live in England, so I spent a month in London (or actually in Sidcup, but nearby anyways). And I have a cute little cousin who's six months now. Aaaw.

I couldn't imagine me not having kids in the future. Of course not now. Gees, I'm not even seventeen. But after a few years. And I should find "Mr. Right" first. :wink:

Sugar is good. Especially when you're a bit tired. Or only tireness is enough to make me crazy. And it's much cheeper than alcohol and it doesn't cause any health problems. :grin:
The Little Green One

Postby RedChr on Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:51 am

Hmm, well don't tell a diabetic that sugar doesn't cause health problems :smile: but it is alot cheaper (unless you get some really godawfull vodka or something, but I think you may have other problems there) Is there a forum thread, or something on the website about the RPG? Kind explaining it, etc... I would check the website out again, but I can't bring it up right now, so I will be impatient and ask.

Has anyone else been in the, in retrospect, frightening conversation of picking out names with your g/f or b/f for children? I remember one girlfriend wanted to make sure the names went well with my last name, freaky...
RedChr

Postby Shard_of_emerald on Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:24 am

LMFAO! Been there done that! With 2 of my really serious b/f. Actually I have my daughter's name picked out already. The daddy will have to fight me if he wants something different. Deborah Rose. Deborah for my mom is Debbie and rose because mom picked out the middle name. *shrugs* Only if she's a redhead though. One of my kids will be. Red hair skips in my family and mom's a redhead. Hehehe. So I love my mother.

Even if I don't name my child that, one of the triplets in my first book already has the name. Deborah, Destiny, and Darian. The only characters with really sane names....

Well Srein it is! *huggles the RPG* I didn't do anything for poser last night...... hehehe. *looks around sheepishly*

Hehehe, well I'm gonna go because I'm too hyper to keep my thoughts straight. (a mix of sugar and the new baby at the daycare. She was premature, so she's only 15 lbs. and will be one on Saturday! Super cute!!!!!!!!)

Hehehe, later all.

Jennet
Shard_of_emerald
Regular Poster

Postby RedChr on Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:31 am

Well, so far Redhair has been in every generation on my father's side, including my father and myself. If I ever have a girl I hope she gets my hair, for a guy it is something of a pain, too thick and wavvy, but for a girl it would be perfect, plus it isn't the "orange" red, it is the auburn/copper red. Yea, I have names I really want to use, Seamus for a boy and either Alsatia, Meave, or Monasi for a girl. God, that is just frightening, my parents weren't sure until the day I was born.

A fifteen pound premature baby? That is one big ass premmie!!!
Until Then...
Chris

Respect the Monkeys!!!
For the Monkeys are good.
RedChr

Postby Shard_of_emerald on Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:09 am

She's almost a year now and 15 lbs. I dunno how much she weighed at birth. Not much I would assume. She's like 5 lbs lighter than all our 8 month olds. Itty bitty girl....

Jennet
Shard_of_emerald
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Fate Martyr Sapheire