Oooooooo, the board works

Postby Emerald_darkness on Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:04 pm

*yawns and stretches* The colors suck though.

And I like the new laughing face. :lol: hehehe

Well I've been working on Poser and trying to really get into character creation. So far I've trouble-shot (with the help of many, many tutorials) my way through making skin colors and most recently eye colors. It took forever to learn how to keep the details on the eyes when I rendered the pic. :roll: So, yeah...... yay me!

lol, anyways, what has everyone else been up to?

Jennet
Emerald_darkness
Regular Poster

Postby Sapheire on Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:24 am

heh, yeah, the new look kind of sucks. I don't like how you can't see the other posts when you're typing a reply, either. I tend to forget what other people said. ^^; Oh well, it is beyond my control unless I get a different board (tempting)

I've seen that smile somewhere else too, I always liked it. hehe :lol:

So is the actual modelling difficult on that program? Do you model from primitive shapes or is it more like spline modelling/surface tools? Textures are fun. Especially texture wraps. It's hard to screw up those kind, and they're fun to make. :grin:

Well, as for me, I'm spending my last couple days here before I trek back to Pittsburgh on Monday morning. I've actually spent almost a month here so I really do need to go back. But I don't really want to, either. :sad: Oh well. Hopefully I can keep making pages on a decent enough schedule.

I don't actually have a posting schedule, by the way...

Hoo... Anyway, I'm going to the mall now to look for another book to read. :smile:

Later,
Alice
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby Spockerel on Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:44 pm

Whoa! *falls over from the shock of actually finding the board* Jeez, it didn't take Keen long enough, did it? :grin: I think that's it...
Ergh...on Monday I have to work at an Ozzy Osborne concert...I don't know anything about him, and I keep getting these conflicting opinions from people ("I'm scared of him"..."He's so cool"). So I don't know what to think...Oh well, I guess I'll live.
Hehehe Alice, I love those guards' outfits. They just crack me up every time I see them. Poor guards; I wonder what that does to their self-esteem.
I guess I should shut up now, since I'm supposed to be doing something else anyway...
Lauren
Spockerel
Regular Poster

Postby Chiparoo on Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:03 pm

:razz:<br>
:grin:<br>
I find it funny that Sapheire is smiling all through today's page! Kinda reflects what he finds fun, I guess! :wink:
<br>
Dude, I found this new file-sharing program (like napster) called IMesh. :smile: Now I'm *happy*happy!* So, I'm sitting here listening to Madonna's 'American Pie' and Enigma's 'Return to innocence.'
<br>
*sigh* I'm content. Except for the fact I have a cold >_<
Chiparoo

Postby Emerald_darkness on Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:56 pm

I have to admit I -heartily dislike- having to sign in everytime I come to the board. And then it sends me all the way to the keenspace collective (hehehe, borg-like) I love my back button although it is a pain in the butt.

Ok. *done complaining*

Onto Poser. It's not so much as modeling really. You have to have another program to make models for it. (kinda annoying I know :roll: ) Anyways, it's just kinda allows you to take these models and well... for lack of better words, pose them. hehehe. Built in morphs on the latest characters allow you to take make hundreds of characters out of the same face. And all you do is twist a dial! If that's not simplistic I don't know what is. hehehe. I got it to "bring my characters to life". Lol, gotta learn the basics first. Texture maps, transperancy maps, and bump maps. :roll: What a bore. :lol:

Oh, I just got done reading a 754 page book titled "Polgara the sorceress" It took me like 10 hours to read it. (on and off of course) *kicks it* Polgara was like 7000 when it ended (no, I am NOT kidding)and I am terribly disappointed. Oh well, since I paid the 7 dollars for it, seems I'm stuck with it. Kinda inconvienent for the pages to start falling out about a third of the way through the book! No, I am NOT kidding.

*remembers something about done complaining mentioned a while ago* um..... I'd better go..... hehehe.

Jennet

Trust me colds are WAY better than sinus infections. Just as damn annoying and painful! See my reason for complaining. *just to top it all off* I have to work tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe, later
Emerald_darkness
Regular Poster

Postby Emerald_darkness on Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:06 pm

oh and just to prove I was paying attention to what else was said.....

Don't go back to Pittsburgh! *ties alice to her happy little home* hehehe, thou shall not go!

Ozze Osborne..... *finds the fact that doing anything more than just muttering his name will prove her totally lack of knowledge in music*

Hehehe, I'd never really thought of those poor guard's self-esteem! lmfao!!!!

Hrm, I prefer the file sharing program Morpheus myself. I use winamp to play my mp3's as the latest download of morpheus has decided to crash my computer if open for more than an hour.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry for double posting and for leaving things out in the first one! hehehe, I'm really leaving now for it's 1 minute into tomorrow and I'm way past my bedtime.

Jennet
Emerald_darkness
Regular Poster

Postby Sapheire on Sun Feb 24, 2002 12:21 pm

No, see, Dameron LOVES their outfits. Even though no one there remembers why they were donned in the first place, they still pride in being different from others. It just doesn't mean anything else to them (other than in a shallow "we look different son we're better" kind of way) anymore. :wink: They don't ever leave the castle anyway, so they're perfectly happy in their own weirdness. :lol:

I like Ozzy, actually. I used to listen to Black Sabboth in my High School years, and then some of the solo albums. The only one I really listen to now is Osmosis though. My musical tastes have drastically changed since High School.

Oh, so you don't actually have to model anything on that program? Weird. I bet that's nice and convienent. I always have to model from scratch (or from primitive shapes or splines, hehe) Blah, Alice no likey 3d. :razz: hehe

I think Sapheire is just in a good mood right now. Or at least as good a mood as Sapheire can get into. And you have to note that pretty much ANY character is going to look happy next to Kuthra. As you'll see from today's though, Saph's less than excited about wearing that hat!

Blah, I do really have to go back to Pittsburgh. I still have rent to pay up there, and the possible job starting there. I so want to move out though. I can't stand living with one of my roomates. Heck, who am I kidding, I can't stand THINKING about him. ><; I wish I could forget about it, but I really can't. :sad:

Anyway, enough depressing, at least I'll see Kaulani and some more of my friends when I go back. :smile:

I don't know what to tell you about pages though. I'll try to post on Monday. It wouldn't suprise me if I missed Tuesday though. We'll see. ::crosses fingers::

Later!
Alice
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby Xaffythe on Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:16 pm

Dude, I love the silly outfits. I was just holding out for Sapheire to put on that LUDICROUS hat. I keep meaning to draw fanart for FMS, and I could not resist the lure of the <a href="http://kendra.anime.net/funsize/soporific/ludicroushat.JPG">ludicrous hat</a>. Though I hope to draw something more respectable in the future, the hat is great.
(ninja post, AWAY)
Xaffythe

Postby Sapheire on Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:08 am

Wai!!!! That's so cute! hehehehe You forgot the little eye swirl thing though. XD That's okay though, it's still rather "ludicrous" hehe yes. And you may just get to see more than one character donning one in the future.... :smile:

I love your drawing style, by the way. Very cool! Whee! Thanks for giving me something to be happy about today.

Alice
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby Emerald_darkness on Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:04 pm

lol, cute pic. *huggles saph in the funny hat* I can't wait to see the next page, lmfao!

Yeah, poser is pretty convienent. But when you want something that not include in the program it becomes a damn problem. lol, I'm thinking of buying Zbrush. It's a modeling program that allows you to pretty much just mold things like you would clay. Nifty, eh? No more dragging those annoying litte dots and hoping the object turns out the way you want it. And it allows you to paint directly onto an object so no more dealing with maps.

oooooo, you should get a quite little studio apartment. hehehe, no one to bother you. I've always wanted to live in a studio apartment. :grin:

hehehe, I think we'll forgive you for missing a post alice. But remember just this once, lol. :wink:

Well I've gotta run. Wish you luck with Pittsburgh!! Later.

Jennet
Emerald_darkness
Regular Poster

Postby Xaffythe on Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:23 pm

Bah I suck! Well, I want to draw a better, 'nicer' fan art sometime. When I'm not being psychotic. The hats are GREAT. I love the dangling hearts. LUDICROUS! (ludicrous is my word of the week) I drew wil but it looks nothing like him: http://kendra.anime.net/folderocrap/strange046.jpg
(and then promptly forgot I posted the hat picture until I ran across it looking for my scantily clad elf drawings just now :razz:)
Xaffythe

Postby Sapheire on Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:27 am

*____*..... wow... WOW!!!!! That's so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, it does too look like him. You've inspired me to finally get to serious work on redoing my fanart page (i've needed to do this for quite some time.) Your picture is now my new wallpaper. It will probably stay there for quite some time. Damn, that hair.... *_*!! Thank you so much!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

okay, back to the more sane reply, hehe. :smile: :smile:

Whee.. I'm leaving for Pittsburgh in a few hours. You'll be happy to know, however, there will be a page for both today and tomorrow, because I worked pretty hard yesterday (so what if tomorrow's page is mostly text--I didn't dumb it down though, it was always meant to be like that.)

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty cool program too. 3D is such a pain, hehe, I know what you mean about the vertice moving, hehe. Although there are techniques to getting it to work, I think surface modelling is easier (that's when you build things with a spline, blahh..) Mold like clay huh? I wonder how that works... I like the paint on feature Maya has. The one where you can just paint on pre-modelled plants and trees and stuff on any surface. And it looks sweet, too! :grin: Texture wraps are fun though. You just take a render of the whole object flattened into Photoshop and paint the texture on to it, then reimport that in. That's much fun, it's hard to screw those up. ^^;; hehe 3D... I'm so glad I do most of my artwork in 2D!

Hmm.. Well that's about all I have to say. Damn, I'm not looking forward to drawing everything I'm going to have to draw in the near future. Way too much stuff going on at the same time. Blah.. The comic doesn't really calm down for a long time. wahh.. Oh well. hehe :lol:

Later,
Alice
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby The Little Green One on Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:11 am

That Wil is great! And it really is a lot from me, 'cos I do prefer the traditional "pen and paper" style. But really, it's good for an oekaki *G*

Anywayz, Alice, you're the best. Those outfits are lovely. Wonder if I could get one too... :grin:

You konw, I'm kinda proud of myself. I usually don't write into messageboards. I'm scared of them. Cos all the others know each other and I'm just a newbie. But I never got friends while staying quiet, so here I am. Hope I'm welcome, though. :wink:
The Little Green One

Postby Sapheire on Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:34 am

Whee.... hehe Don't worry, everyone is welcome in my happy fun messageboard land. :lol: Not too many people post, so it's easy to get used to this group. I'm actually a little scared of messageboards myself, so I know what you mean. I mostly just hang around this one. ^^;;

Anyway, welcome! ^_^

Alice
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby The Little Green One on Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:47 am

I don't use to many boards either. Only this and the Message board of our online-rpg group. And I know almost everyone in there.

But I'm happy to know it's easy to get inside. Thanks alot. :grin:

-Emilia
The Little Green One

Postby Xaffythe on Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:17 pm

me neither. I keep forgetting I posted something here, heh. XD;; Glad you like the drawing though m(_)m...wish I wasn't so busy with schoolwork though :razz:
Xaffythe

Postby Sapheire on Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:12 pm

Eh, don't worry about it. I don't have the problem of forgetting to check here, but I never really know what to post on the messageboard. ^^;;;;;;; I don't know what anyone would like to talk about? ^^;;;

Alice
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Return to Fate Martyr Sapheire