*sticks her head in*

Postby Lina Inverse on Fri Sep 07, 2001 2:40 am

Hallo! I'm Lina, from the Oekaki boards... I'd seen this comic around for quite I while, but'd never gotten around to reading it. ^ - ^;; mistake! I liked it. So I thought I'd stop by 'n say hello 'n... stuff.<P>Yeah, quality stuff. *grin*<P>^ - ^<P>Lina Inverse
"anime is life.
the rest is a series of commercial breaks."
Lina Inverse

Postby ~Dragoness~ on Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:29 am

Welcome! Hnn.. It doesn't matter if the board is silent for a while, all that matters is that you've got over 300 readers a day ^_^
~Dragoness~
Regular Poster

Postby Lina Inverse on Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:38 am

Want me to help with revival? I'm fairly good at stuff like that. ^ - ^ <P>But yeah, I gotta agree. If I had 300 people reading my lousy little webmanga scripts a *week* ^ - ^;; , I'd just die of joy. <P>Did I mention you're awesome at hair? At pencilly stuff, basically. I can do outlines and such, but that's about it I'll do with near-impunity.<P>Oh yeah! You got any need for epic-ish poetry? That's really fun to write. ^ - ^ I wrote an archaic sonnet once about The Other Sock. (You know, the one you can never find? Yeah!)<P>caffiene kicking in. I'll go now. ^ - ^;<P>Lina Inverse <A HREF="http://www.alternateuniverse.comicpage.com" TARGET=_blank>www.alternateuniverse.comicpage.com</A>
Alternate Universe- it's something else
</shameless plug>
Lina Inverse

Postby ThiefKnight on Sun Sep 09, 2001 12:32 am

Greetings, you may not know me, but I know you! I figured this is as good a post as any to make an entrance. I think your comic is great and you have real talent!<P>Anyway, besides acknowledging myself as another reader, I also brought a gift. It can be found on my site and the link is right on my sig, but incase you're lazy like me, the link to the pic is right here: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/the_thefre_thiefknight/Museum/finished/sapheire.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/the_thefre_thiefknight/Museum/finished/sapheire.html</A> <P>Hope you like it =O)
ThiefKnight

Postby Lina Inverse on Sun Sep 09, 2001 10:08 am

<<manga scripts? haven't drawn it yet, hmm? what's your manga about? >><P>With my attention span, I had a choice. Draw it and burn out in under a month, have the story die, or write scripts and keep going.<P>200 pages later, I think I made the right decision!<P>What it's about... I put the link in my sig (shameless plug? me?) It's called Alternate Universe.
Let's see... the easy answer is "Fantasy Parody". Seen Slayers? Read Terry Pratchett? (If not, I reccamend...)<P>The long answer is the story itself. ^ - ^<P><<most people think it's because i only like long hair, but it's not true, i just like drawing it, especially when it's swirling around and taking up space on the page (i don't have to draw backgrounds if it's there, hehehehehe). so that's actually why all of them have long hair.>><P> Good idea! I like drawing long hair M'self. There's only three chars so far in my manga that have it... but that's not entirely my choice. ^ - ^ The characters, they have minds of their own. <P><<
whoo, perhaps i will have a need for epic poetry. I open a poetry contest whenever i need a poem for Wilyri to say, and right now i don't need any (wil isn't exactly in the plot....) but if you send me a poem and I like it, I'll go out of my way to use it! I love poetry, I'm really terrible at writing it though, it makes me like other people's work better! ^__^>><P>Dang. Tempted to shameless plug my Elfwood site- but it has no *epic* poetry on it. Just other stuff. So I'll refrain. ^ - ^
I'm a human rhyming machine, so that helps. Nearly a human dictionary (give me a few years and some boredom), that helps too. I dunno, it just... works.<P>If I thought I could produce anything but doggerel at the moment, I'd demonstrate ^ - ^<P><<alright, back to work. ^^;;>><P>Work. Right. Homework. Ahah. I've got homework, myself (I love college...)<P>Oh look, it's out of reach. Well, imagine that. Guess I can't do it now. And look! My book is *in* reach!<P>amazing how these things work out.<P>
Yeah. My manga. Well, look above, consider I wrote it, and that it was a *lot* of fun.<P>Go from there. ^ - ^<P>Lina Inverse
Alternate Universe:
it's something else <A HREF="http://www.alternateuniverse.comicpage.com" TARGET=_blank>www.alternateuniverse.comicpage.com</A> <P>
Lina Inverse

Postby Lina Inverse on Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:02 am

<<Wait, I have a conversation topic... What do all of you think I could do to improve my site? (other than make it work on Netscape, I WILL fix that ) I'm only asking because I'll be redesigning the entire site after graduation (sept. 21 as long as i pass ^^;; hehe) I thought I might add some new stuff too, maybe even make a whole new site somewhere else, although the comic's staying on keenspace... I'm just rambling now. ^^;;;>><P>Hrmm... Icon-buttons, maybe? Those can be fun. Like... one for the message board with Wil-san in one of those parisian painter hats doing the "I shall wave my thumb at the object I am paiting and look astistic" thing. Could be fun, ne?<P>that's about all I think of right now...<P> <P><<LINA--thanks for posting again! Must... resurrect... message board.... >><P>*V-sign* Yah!<P><<I'll go read you stuff sometime soon then!>><P>Yay! <P> <<Actually Pratchett is my favorite fantasy writer, you should have seen me when I went to london, going all nuts buying the little diskworld figurines.>><P>Wai! Figurines?! Sugoi!! My favorite chars are Carrot and Rincewind.... and Death. Hee.<P> <<hehe We both write fantasy parodies, then, FMS is just a serious parody instead of a humorous one.>><P>*nodnod* Aiya, I take aim at a couple of the same things you do in FMS with the 'chapter' I'm about to write. Erk, should be writing- oh, who'm I kidding? Should have *written*- yeah.<P>I'm listening to Slayers music. Ah, the bouncyness! <P><<hehe well if you do come up with any poems you think Wil might recite, send them my way for sure.>><P>A chance to procrastinate? I'm there! *grin*<P>
<<^__^ I wish I could write poetry, but my mind thinks way too down to earth (okay that makes no sense but to me...) but it's the same reason I can't paint, everything I draw has to tell a story, not convey a feeling. I just can't do feelings. hehe>><P>I don't paint so well... Unless I'm not trying. Heh. I'm totally an emoter though, so feelings are *no* problem at all. ^ - ^;; I've got some ideas bouncing around my head, though, so fairly soon... (More specifically, after my Japanese test tommorrow!)<P>^ - ^<P>
*Lina Inverse*
Alternate Universe:
It's something else <A HREF="http://www.alternateuniverse.comicpage.com" TARGET=_blank>www.alternateuniverse.comicpage.com</A>
Lina Inverse

Postby Lina Inverse on Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:05 am

(O - o) It eats the things I put in '<<' '>>'. How weird!<P>
Lina Inverse
Lina Inverse

Postby R-tunian on Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:48 am

you guys make me smile<P>------------------
+-> tunian
R-tunian

Return to Fate Martyr Sapheire