Versus: YES!

Postby SuperJoe on Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:52 am

Ahh.. but let's say Dr. Doom got some of those wacky machines from his future conterparty fellow, Kang!
Then he could travel through time!! That's right! TIME!!!
And everybody knows time travel gives you an advantage.
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Sun Oct 14, 2001 5:50 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperJoe:
<B>And everybody knows time travel gives you an advantage.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sonic CD.<P><P>------------------
Shh! I'm a robot in disguise!
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby SuperJoe on Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:38 am

Nuts...
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Fri Oct 19, 2001 6:11 am

Yeah, plus, Doom has a "Time Platform." That's about as unintimidating as time travel can be.<P>------------------
Clan gDC. The only clan daring enough to play "Sorry." Um... The boardgame.
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 157 on Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:12 am

wouldn't traveling through time give a disadvantage, ie going into the future, thereby going over the time limit? <P>------------------
hi, i'm me, i'm using <A HREF="http://lint.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>this</A> to sell you <A HREF="http://jfiles.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>this</A>
ZOMBIE USER 157
Regular Poster

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:36 am

Actually I don't think Robotnik EVER went into the past with his time machine although Sonic visited the dark future caused by Robotnik's ruination. <P>Obviously time travel increases one's chance of success.<P>Here's a thought. The Brain always showed up in different time periods. What are the odds he starts outside the thirty days (i.e. NO TIME TRAVEL, but being born and dying in a different era) and is, perhaps, disqualified?<P>------------------
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 157 on Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:13 am

ah-ha, so youd think, however, more often than not, brain would appear in either the present or the distant past... rarely ever the future. therefore he would have extra time.<P>and without having to actual travel through time himself and just let the writers put him in random time zones depending on their plot or lack thereof for the week, he would spend less time bumbling with a faulty machine (or "platform") and more time TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!<P>------------------
hi, i'm me, i'm using <A HREF="http://lint.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>this</A> to sell you <A HREF="http://jfiles.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>this</A>
ZOMBIE USER 157
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 157 on Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:16 am

(by the way, brain also had a time machine, so nah...)
ZOMBIE USER 157
Regular Poster

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Thu Oct 25, 2001 2:56 am

Having recently picked up most of the Secret Wars from a comicbook store bargain bin, I'd like to point your attention to the Secret Wars. Dr. Doom had the power of the Beyonder. That is to say he was infinitely powerful. Who defeated him? Um... "Klaw."<P>If you don't know him, let me tell you I don't know him other than to say that he was a Black Panther villain used for comic relief.<P>Dr. Doom can never rule the world because he would have nothing to further his ambitions. Deep down he knows this.<P>Robotnik, on the other hand, is constantly having his plans foiled by a trail of rings. No (large, golden power) rings on Earth means no way to harm him.<P>------------------
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby SuperJoe on Thu Oct 25, 2001 5:26 am

No fair! The Secret Wars don't count because they were silly...
Then again if I wanted to take out every silly thing from Marvel there wouldn't be much left. Especialy during that time period.<P>...you know what? NUTS TO YOU!
People like Dr. Doom a lot more than Robotnik. I mean does Robuttnik have way too many action figures in his likeness?
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby SuperJoe on Thu Oct 25, 2001 9:31 am

Look, gentlemen. The issue isn't time travel. It's "take over the world"-ity.
As I've stated Dr. Doom is prime candidate. He knows about the politics of controling vast amounts of people, and he's also menacing. But I've stated these facts.
Here's another: Dr. Doom is very manuipulative. He can use other villians with dreams of world conquest, or money, to help him in his schemes, and just toss them aside or have them killed when they no longer serve a purpose.
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 157 on Sun Oct 28, 2001 11:39 am

dr r would die of a heart condition before he could ever rule the world because hes fat and ugly and nobody loves him
ZOMBIE USER 157
Regular Poster

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:08 am

Boy, you two are ganging up on me. <P>To Joe: Dr. Robotnik has an action figure and it's really cool. I own it, but not a Dr. Doom action figure. It comes with two Chaos Emeralds and the SA version of Coconuts. <P>Here's how laughable Dr. Doom is: He was the main villain on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.<P>
To jack: Well, then he'd just get a mechanical heart. There's a version of him with a mechanical arm and he's suddenly sprouted these antennae. I suspect mechanical heart would be no problem. Plus, he's merely shaped funnily. His legs and arms are as thin as thin can be. Sonic also looks mighty plump. <P>Have you seen the Brain's head? Someone yell, "Stroke!"<P>------------------
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby SuperJoe on Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:38 am

Robotnik only has a few figures. Unlike Dr. Doom who has a million.
Also curse that Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.. but, in all fairness Spider-Man was in the title role on that show, and he's still cool.
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Wed Oct 31, 2001 3:51 am

OK, how about this? Dr. Doom's scarred face? I mean, what's the deal? He can invent a time machine, travel through time, but he doesn't understand the basics of plastic surgery?<P>You'll never see Robotnik wind up in a situation where he causes damage to himself. <P>------------------
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:34 am

Isn't Pinky his own personal good guy? Pinky always does the morally right thing.<P>------------------
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 157 on Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:34 pm

oh really? then why, oh why, does he make obscenely easily destroyed machines when he knows full well that sonic has uncovered their weaknesses time and time again?<P>the brain has no particular goodguy to stop him, unlike all other cantidates, therefore he shall win overall.<P>------------------
ZOMBIE USER 157
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 157 on Sun Nov 04, 2001 6:52 am

does he? may i remind you that pinky is not the sharpest tack in the... box of tacks. first off, pinky could not easily stop brain from doing something morally wrong. he lacks the capabilites, and would probably be distracted by something shiny anyways. and second, brain is his idol. brain has ways of persuading pinky that what he's doing is right.
ZOMBIE USER 157
Regular Poster

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Sun Nov 04, 2001 6:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jack spencer:
<B>brain has ways of persuading pinky that what he's doing is right. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Did you ever see the one where Pinky stepped down as President of the United States.<P><P>------------------
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Screwball McGoo [gDC] on Mon Nov 05, 2001 4:57 am

What about when Pinky became the mayor of Shiny Pants? Or when Pinky had to save Brain the first time Brain fought Snowball? Or when Pinky controlled Far Fignewton?<P>------------------
Screwball McGoo [gDC]
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Nerdz