Keenspot Premium

Postby Wimpystuntmen on Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:28 am

Mike, and others out there,<P>would you pay the approx. $4.75 per month to see the PREMIUM comics on Keenspot? I'm guessing NO because there is already so much high quality content out there which is free.
So if you had a favourite keenspot comic would you be willing to pay if , for instance, it meant that if you didn't you would never see that comic again?
Wimpystuntmen
Regular Poster

Postby Yupyop on Fri Oct 19, 2001 5:39 am

Tough question. I'd say no, yet I pay for book collections of comics. I'm a fan of OVER THE HEDGE but my WebTV compresses it at Comics.com so I can't read it. Yet I don't buy the L.A. Times that carries OVER THE HEDGE.
There are very few comics I'd pay to read. If I had to chose between buying a newspaper or paying for it on the web I'd pick the newspaper every time. I love Mark Tonra's work and I can't find it anywhere else but the web, so I'd pay for that. I'd pay to read new CITIZEN DOG or reprints of KING AROO and POLLY & HER PALS. There are many webcomics I enjoy. I'm a regular customer at Plan 9 publishing. But there is not one webcomic I would pay to read on the web.
I also believe if syndicated cartoonists can't survive on what they make, and many can't, charging for comics on the web will not solve the starving webcartoonist's problems.
Yupyop
Regular Poster

Postby Throbbin Johnny on Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:05 am

Pay almost $60.00/year for toons? No. Now, if Johnny could pay a reasonable fee, like $4.99-$9.99/year that might happen. Besides, Johnny honestly doen't read many spot comics, only Sinfest and Down To Earth. Most of the KeenSpot toons aren't very funny...<P>If there was one webpage that featured ALL comics, web and print, and you could select a certain amount for, like, $4.99, and unlimited toons for like, $9.99, that could work. Right now, J.Diddy reads a total of 5-10 toons. 2 webtoons, and the rest syndicated. IJO...<P>"Throbbin' Johnny
Throbbin Johnny
Regular Poster

Return to Elephant Tales