Percussive Maintenance

Postby Mr Erratic on Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:14 am

Heh. I've got a friend who recently did percussive maintenance on her computer to make a fan be quiet. She didn't break her toe, but she it wouldn't do any good to forward the link for today's strip to her because she can't receive it until her replacement computer comes. The sad thing is, the fan is still noisy.
Mr Erratic
Regular Poster

Postby MinigunSniper on Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:56 am

Wow, I don't think I've enver managed to inspire anything before. Cool.<P>I can't quite take all the inspirational credit, a friend of mine always says, "kick it," whenever something breaks/refuses to work. I kinda picked the habit up from him.
MinigunSniper
Regular Poster

Postby MinigunSniper on Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:01 pm

Has anyone else ever had problems with the Keenspace message board system not recognizing their username? I just had to re-register, and the only thing I can think of that I did was deleting all my cookies last night. It's not too much of a tragedy, as I had only made about 10 posts, but it was still annoying.
MinigunSniper
Regular Poster

Postby Somebody Strange on Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:58 pm

Yeah, I had that problem once. I had to post for a while as Vicious Lies instead of Somebody Strange. SS, at that point, had over 600 posts. Oy.<P>I can't remember what I had to do to get it back. I think I wrote to nate@keenspot.com and he eventually fixed it. I think. gav@keenspot.com might have been involved too. But if you write to Nate to get it fixed, please be patient -- the dude gets something like 200 e-mails a day asking for Keenfixes.<P>--Strange/Dave<P>P.S. -- I'm going to try that kicking thing the next time my boss has a breakdown. Heh.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://viciouslies.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Vicious Lies.</A> You can't handle the truth.
<A HREF="http://divergence.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Divergence.</A> Apparently, neither can I.
Neurotic: sane, but unhappy about it.
Somebody Strange
Regular Poster

Return to Vicious Lies