Priest, chicken, brothel...

Postby HannibalV on Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:45 am

David, I would just like to thank you for making me the "dirty guy". And I'm sure this has nothing to do with a series of armadillo-related statements I made on the front steps of Alumni Hall in 1996.<P>------------------
If they're likely to improve the quality of life, why not invite an invading horde in?
HannibalV

Postby Somebody Strange on Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:43 am

LOL -- no, no, nothing at all.<P>Did I tell you that crack-smoker got an airline commercial out in LA? He plays a man happy to receive his ticket.<P>Having worked with him (twice. ugh.) I'm betting it took eighteen takes for him to get it right. And probably everyone on the set needed some valium and thorazine.<P>--Strange/Dave<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://viciouslies.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Vicious Lies.</A> You can't handle the truth.
Neurotic -- sane, but unhappy about it.
Somebody Strange
Regular Poster

Postby Lummox JR on Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:21 am

Hmm. Well, if a crack addict was doing any <EM>other</EM> job for an airline, I'd worry.<P>Lummox JR
(Twenty-<I>one</I> years?)<P>------------------
It's the 21st century; where's my flying car?
Lummox JR
Regular Poster

Postby Somebody Strange on Thu Jun 28, 2001 9:13 am

Heh. I was waiting for that twenty-one years quote.<P>Anyway, this guy I'm referring to could easily be the source of a LONG ranting post, but I'll save that for another time.<P>The only story I'll tell is this: he wrote and directed a student film during his senior year. Among the many, many, MANY things he did wrong was suggest that all of the actors should experiment with drugs. Every single character in the script had one drug or another in them, although for a couple it was limited to nicotine and/or alcohol. Pot, LSD, PCP, heroin, cocaine, etc... all were featured in the script.<P>This guy had experimented with these drugs himself. Probably still did some of them. And he wanted us to try the drug our character was on, so we'd "know how to present ourselves". I not-so-kindly reminded him that we were <i>actors</i>. We would <i>act</i> like we were high. Not a chance was I dropping acid.<P>He just plain didn't get our reluctance. The only guy willing to take him up on the suggestion (a) only had to smoke cigarettes during the movie, and (b) was just as big a druggie as the director.<P>--Strange/Dave, who will regale you with more stories about this guy later.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://viciouslies.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Vicious Lies.</A> You can't handle the truth.
Neurotic -- sane, but unhappy about it.
Somebody Strange
Regular Poster

Return to Vicious Lies