Ideas and Stuff

Discussion on the Comics, the Games, and the Comics about the Games

Postby HyperUmbreon2001 on Mon Aug 06, 2001 8:59 am

I'm a newbie to this forum stuff. First off, I'd like to say I LOVE the comix! You've done a really good job. Secondly, I'm working on a story based on a mixture of many old school games. So far, the characters in my story have been through Ninja Gaiden II, Metroid, Contra, and two Mega Man games. Right now, I've got them stuck at the End of Time in Chrono Trigger (best meetingplace I could think of at the time) and I need some ideas on where these people can go next.<P>Okay, now you're wondering, "Why in the frick are people going through video games in this story and how did they get there?" Basically, there's an evil man who's going to try and use the powers from video game heroes (I'm keeping it Nintendo-based, okay?) to take over the real world, as well as get all the villains together to cause havoc. So someone calls seven people from the real world to help, one of them being a so-called "CHOSEN ONE" who's gonna beat this evil man. This chosen one is supposed to already be able to harness and use the powers of any video game hero or heroine in existance.<P>One last thing: What game's final level would be good for a hideout for this evil madman? I've thought of the floating tower in Crystalis, but maybe someone else can come up with something better (or even a combo of different final levels?).<P>------------------
HyperUmbreon2001
"The ONLY Hyped-Up Umbreon"
HyperUmbreon2001

Postby Frogurt on Tue Aug 07, 2001 8:20 am

If you're looking at 16 Bit as well, you may want to check out the last few maps from Final Fantasy IV (FFII SNES). I know if _I_ was a supreme evil villian I'd consider camping out there... or at the bottom of the sea. Hmm... that reminds me of a song...<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://oldskooled.disflux.net" TARGET=_blank>http://oldskooled.disflux.net</A><P>I just upkeep the site... he does all the funny stuff
Frogurt
Regular Poster

Postby 8-Bit Avenger on Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:20 am

There'll be no more accusations,
just lots of friendly crustaceans -
under the seeeeeeaaa! *chomp*chomp*chomp*
8-Bit Avenger
Regular Poster

Postby Czarrillo on Fri Aug 10, 2001 8:26 am

The theme to the Little Mermaid??<P>------------------
zarrillo.keenspace.com<P>word
Czarrillo
Regular Poster

Postby G-Crusher on Sun Aug 12, 2001 10:06 am

No Homer! Don't eat the sea creatures!
G-Crusher
Regular Poster

Postby HyperUmbreon2001 on Mon Aug 13, 2001 8:41 am

Keep 'em coming, guys! FFIV(FFII) is a good idea, I'll keep it in mind. Anyone else?<P>------------------
HyperUmbreon2001
"The ONLY Hyped-Up Umbreon"
HyperUmbreon2001

Postby Slayer988 on Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:10 am

Final Fantasy rules is one of my favorites games of all times is the N:4
Slayer988
Regular Poster

Return to OldSkooled