I'll probably regret this, and I know I'll get shot...

Discussion on the Comics, the Games, and the Comics about the Games

Postby Jammon on Sat Jun 09, 2001 1:21 am

I , personally , don't really like Zelda , either . The one for SNES was good , but before that , it sucked , and after it ? Too much Zelda . I mean , c'mon , how many games have been released with Zelda as a star or co-star ? He's had what , 3 Game Boy games released in the past year or so ? o O<P> I know he's not bad as Mario Party , though . Yeesh , 3 came out like a month after 2 .<P> Oh , and ... uhm ... yeah . Stand up and rise , those who don't like Zelda , arise and speak out against the little Elf with the easy games ! *coughminustheSNESonecough*<P>------------------
I wish I could think of something witty .
Jammon
Regular Poster

Postby Czarrillo on Sat Jun 09, 2001 4:54 am

Sorry, you guys are wrong. That, or just really misguided.<P><P>------------------
zarrillo.keenspace.com<P>word
Czarrillo
Regular Poster

Postby 8-Bit Avenger on Sat Jun 09, 2001 6:17 am

So we don't like Zelda, eh?<P>Time for a little lesson in videogame quality... Legend of Zelda is above average in almost every seperate aspect of NES carts. Let's look at them, yes?<P>Play control- You never had trouble getting the little guy to do what you wanted him to do. A is sword, B is other item. Doesn't get any easier than that.<P>Graphics- Okay, nothing special here. Still, graphics are often merely a reflection of the times. The bird's eye view works out well. There wasn't much music, but it was good music.<P>Challenge- 90 minutes, no deaths... Is that both quests? No matter. Either way, that's fast. If you're the kind of player that can beat Zelda that fast, you can probably tear through most any game in no time. I admit, it's not in the insane levels of difficulty, but the game's pretty long, and thoughtfully equipped with a second quest. If you ask me, games that go above the level of difficulty of Zelda are approaching that frustrating level. (Hey, I know a lot of people like that.)<P>Theme and Fun- Of course, this category is always up for personal interpretation... Hey, I like it.<P>Other goodies:
Zelda was the first battery backed game ever. That alone warrants absolute coolness.<P>Tons of secrets.<P>Plethora of slick items.<P>Memorable theme.<P>All said, I just don't think that there are a lot of games as big as Zelda. (Aside from RPGs)
8-Bit Avenger
Regular Poster

Postby Frogurt on Sat Jun 09, 2001 9:03 am

Here's what I'm thinking... how many tries did it take you to beat Zelda in 90 minutes?<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://oldskooled.disflux.net" TARGET=_blank>http://oldskooled.disflux.net</A><P>I just upkeep the site... he does all the funny stuff
Frogurt
Regular Poster

Postby Muzzy Roberto on Sat Jun 09, 2001 9:04 am

That's 90 minues on the first Quest.
Second quest took about 2 hours, and I died twice.
Muzzy Roberto
Regular Poster

Postby Muzzy Roberto on Sat Jun 09, 2001 9:27 am

Can someone please, please, PLEASE tell me what is so great about Zelda? I have beaten the game in 90 minutes without dying. It's a good game and all, but I must have missed something. Everyone in here is all 'Zelda! Whoo-hoo!' I have NOTHING against Zelda. Just saying that now. Just, what is so great about it? I just don't get it...
Muzzy Roberto
Regular Poster

Postby Muzzy Roberto on Sun Jun 10, 2001 6:22 am

just one try, the accumilation of playing the damn game for 12 years. Wasn't going for a time period, either. Just showing a friend how you don't need the first sword to beat the game, and it just fell into place.<P>Just so there are no hard feelings, maybe I should re-announce my feelings for this game: I like Zelda. I like Zelda II. Everything aver that, though started to slide. (Zelda 64, for example)
I just never was able to understand WHY it got so much praise. Sure, it deserves it, but, there are other games out there that deserve praise, and don't get it. The Guardian Legend, Wizards and Warriors, and (of course) Strider are great games as well.
Muzzy Roberto
Regular Poster

Postby Jammon on Sun Jun 10, 2001 11:36 am

Kay , lemme state this one thing . I never said Zelda was a sucky game . It was okay in my book , and the one for SNES where you got the mirror and got turned into a rabbit was great . The one for SNES was the only one I beat , and I enjoyed it . <P> It's just Zelda's not really in my genre of games I enjoy . I prefer a nice chunky RPG , or a Mario game .. minus anything on the 64 or Mario RPG . Bleah , that game still sends me into convulsions . <P> Anyways , it was joke what I said in the last line of my earlier post . Like I said , Zelda's an okay game in my book , I just don't like action/adventure side-scroller/platform kind of game . That said , long live Kirby .<P>------------------
I wish I could think of something witty .
Jammon
Regular Poster

Postby SimonBob on Wed Jun 13, 2001 4:22 am

Okay, I hear people dissing stuff on the 64 and Mario RPG and so on. I want to give you a little comparison that will make those games seem like yummy bagels instead of stale bread crusts.<P>Quest 64.<P>*shudders*<P>If you've never played Quest 64... wait for the emulator. Don't ever spend money on that game. I know for sure that everyone agrees that it is the worst game ever.<P>Also look over the "Worst NES Game Ever?" topic, and you'll feel a lot better about the Zelda series.<P>------------------
<B>SimonBob</B>
SimonBob
Regular Poster

Postby Czarrillo on Wed Jun 13, 2001 7:00 am

I like Mario 64.<P>------------------
zarrillo.keenspace.com<P>word
Czarrillo
Regular Poster

Return to OldSkooled