Woo Hoo Go Mike!

Woo Hoo Go Mike!

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:32 am

About time Mike got some action. I like Iana too.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:57 am

YES! That's what I've been wanting to see, Mike's plan gets blocked without making he or his opponent look incompetent.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:08 am

Nice little tactical manuever, and I liked how Mike ruthlessly shot the other captain. I've always wanted to see that.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

whoah!

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:03 am

I wasn't expecting to see the crew like that. Wow, you have no problem killing off your characters, (it looks like at least one of them may be dead)

Honestly I was shocked, and impressed by today's comic.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:36 pm

Cool, they're going back for some revenge, I'm liking the new commender so far too. He's less the idea man like the other captain was, more of a disciplinarian.

Nice how the crew is working together to eliminate obstacles. But I don't want to see the bad guys just fold at this point, I really hope they have another ace up their sleeves.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:14 am

This has been a great action storyline, and I like that you've spent time on the fallout of these events.

I found Mike's conversation with the doctor very touching.

One thing that's been bothering me is the way you draw the torsos. They look unnaturally blocking in profile. The neck slopes into the back, it doesn't jut out like the chest does.

Keep up the good work.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:22 am

I'm not sure I like the two by two yet, buts it's different, and that's not bad.
On the 04/02 some the the translucency made the text hard to read, mainly Mike's dialog in the first panel.

The character's have definately gotten more expressive in the faces. You've kept the pace going even in the downtime, which is so hard to do.

Right now I think Sinclair is my favorite character, I hope to see more of him and his investigative skills.

Have you ever played with Cel Shading? I think you're art has gotten to a point where Cel Shading would add a lot to it.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:37 pm

I'm really liking your new characters, and you've given them a very believable interesting motive for wanting to join Mike's crew.

I also noticed. looking at your crew roster, that alot of characters have been introduced and a few have left for one reason or another, over the years.

The roster is very diverse now, and very different from how this comic started.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:56 pm

I really like Josep, her crush is cute, and I like that you've shown her to be pretty tough and intelligent too.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sun May 02, 2004 7:22 pm

Nice to see a trio of girls in the comic, this reminds me of Andromeda, which has great female characters holding up the show. We've learned a lot about Josep simply by watching what she does all day.

And bravo for fanservice! Didn't think we'd notice?
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:01 am

Ooh nice to see Doc on a short timeline for once, the fact that he was thinking far enough ahead to deal with the robots, shows that he really is very intelligent, and mike has trained him well.

In fact this story is coming together great. The new characters were developed nicely with a little down time and they are acting naturally in this dire situation.

Now the gripe...

i think they get along a little TOO well sometimes. It's be nice to see some friendly rivalry. that maybe turns heated briefly. You got a lot of people in glose quarters there's bound to be some differences.

Also, you've shown there are some lovely ladies on board. It's hard to believe one or more of the guys wouldn't be pining for Josep's affections.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:06 am

Cool, definately an improvement in the dialog. Nice how Yuriko got a little suspicious of Mike when he asked her to buy groceries.

The punchline is funny because it tells us about a past incident, and we know that Doc is a little nuts.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:55 am

Haven't posted in a while, you should look into getting a tag board on the main page for more immediate feedback.

Anyway the art is looking great now, love how the shading becomes more prominent when the comic hits dramatic points. The writing has improved so much from when you started. I really admire that you've been able to keep up and do so many updates.

I'm still a fan keep up the good work.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:57 am

Finally! a Gek Story! I don't know why but I've always been a fan of his. Nice to see him lose the glasses too, this brings out his personality.

Knight Captain eh? Sounds like he might have made some enemies.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Return to Captain Mike