Great stuff

Great stuff

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:15 am

You're drawing out this conflict very well, I've loved the preparation stage, which ended in some failure and a change of plan.

I'm excited about the next phase of the plan. Good job Captain!
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Captain Mike on Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:59 am

I'm glad you like it. I try to keep in mind the golden rule of battle:
Your plan never survives contact with the enemy.
They always find some way to Fuck it up.
That's why there the ENEMY.

Besides this gives me a chance to do a First person shooter kind of story line. You get battle scenes and I don't have to figure out a way to draw huge armies.
:D

I'll try to eventually get around to showing some space battles. But that's a bit later in the story.
<a href="http://captainmike.comicgenesis.com"> Captain Mike</a>
Captain Mike
Regular Poster

Postby Crescentmoon76 on Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:00 pm

Actually this was a refreshing element of the comic. Lately things have picked up in the storylines but Mike seemed to be breezing though it pretty easily. I think this made him look capable all of a sudden which really was a nice change from the lovable but bungling captain.

This time however he didn't get the upperhand so quickly, he had a lot invested in plan a and when it failed the resources they tapped weren'tgoing to do plan b much good.

The now capable Mike is going to have to rely on different instincts now and I imagine he will have to do some things against his nature, (Mike has never been too violent or merciless.)

But it's a challenge, and that's a good thing.
Crescentmoon76
Regular Poster

Postby Captain Mike on Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:35 pm

I'm glad you picked up on the development of Mike.

Mike started out as a sort of bumbler because that's what he was. Mike really has very little training or skills when this strip started. Over time he's started to learn from his crew who do have training and skills.

The DOC is well grounded in the many disciplines of the physics of the future. He's been around quite awhile and knows a lot more about what's really possible than most of his contemporary collegues.

Yukiro is being a trained med tech has a keen grasp of a persons physical limits and the methods to repair someone when they've gone past them. You know after they've gone splat.

Jet seems to be passing on his own military experience onto Mike. Before having meet Jet it probaly wouldn't have occured to Mike to run practice exercises like Gek and Mike did for the mission they're on now.

Mike seems to be getting the idea of just how connected things are from Gek. The engineering aspects of what he does seems to have its roots there anyways.

I very much intened for Mike to grow into a larger more active role in his own life as time progresses. Even if does mean I have to think about what's going on in more detail. :wink:
<a href="http://captainmike.comicgenesis.com"> Captain Mike</a>
Captain Mike
Regular Poster

Return to Captain Mike