I need help (not what your thinking. . .)

I need help (not what your thinking. . .)

Postby Kev of the Apocalypse on Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:50 pm

Hi folks. I'd like to take a moment of your time and ask you all a favor. I keep trying to think of ways to advertise the comic and to be honest, I'm running on fumes here.
The girls naked is out of the question. Nothing like Piro over at MegaTokyo with his respect for his characters. I just don't think I draw naked girls too well! :oops: I also have considered buying ad space on Something Awful. . . until one of their advertisers became the Awful Link of the Day! Good lord, that kind of attention would shut the KEEN servers down!
So if any of you have any suggestions (other than nekkidity MIKE! :P ) just post away. It would be welcome. Thanks -
"Humanity's salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted"

Kev of the Apocalypse
Regular Poster

Location: State of entropy. . . or Mississippi. I forget which.

Risk!

Postby Spacecoyote on Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:45 pm

In 1980 I wrote a really bad story and sent it off to Omni magazine. They didn't take it..but I lost nothing but the postage and gained a keen rejection letter, which I still show off today.
So. Send the strip to a newspaper. Any paper will do, several would be even better.
If they don't take them, oh well. Nothing ventured nothing gained. But if they DO take them...or even ONE of them...you are on the Road to Success, Gary Larson style.
Really, just go ahead and do it. Can't hurt..
Spacecoyote
Regular Poster

Postby Kev of the Apocalypse on Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:00 am

Sorry, but I will never submit to a newspaper on a matter of principles. I think Mota and Mike know what I'm talking about since I ranted about this in the car yesterday before you even made this post! I actaually meant getting page views and getting more readers. I'm considering advertising in a local paper, but that's as far as I'll go with it.
One day I may come up with a four panel comic that I don't mind having crushed down to thumbnail size and do simple gags everyday until I die and the syndicate hires another artist to take over for me. But not Kota's World. Not by a long shot. Maybe something about my childhood and school life. I've got some really neat ideas for something like that. . .
"Humanity's salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted"

Kev of the Apocalypse
Regular Poster

Location: State of entropy. . . or Mississippi. I forget which.

Postby Spacecoyote on Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:17 pm

Oh..got a beef with the print media, eh? Well, to get more hits the best thing to do is have links on other sites. You already come up near the top in the search engines.
So, go to all the related types of sites and ask for a link trade. Worked for me, back in ye olden dayes..
Spacecoyote
Regular Poster

Return to Kota's World