Right here, right now: DELURKING THREAD!

EsylaMcSassy
Regular Poster

Right here, right now: DELURKING THREAD!

Post by EsylaMcSassy »

Now I know with any good message board, there are a few lurkers...people who read the message board but don't post for one reason or another. Well, in honor of AP's birthday, I'm calling this the Delurking Thread!
Usually "tell us about yourself" threads seem to work good for delurking, so I'm doing a classic "right here, right now" style thread from days of yore.

<b>Right here, right now...</b>
<b>Wearing</b>: Dark blue jeans, ska shoes, a red and black striped shirt, black button-covered hoodie, blue scarf. er, white socks.
<b>Hearing</b>: The Stereo - New Tokyo is Calling EP
<b>Eating</b>: Nothing, I'm in the library
<b>Drinking</b>: Nada, see above
<b>Wishing</b>: It was the 21st and finals were a thing of the past
<b>Doing</b>: Posting around waiting for my art history class to start
<b>Feeling</b>: Apprehensive, coz I am a few videos behind on my telecourse class :
<b>Wanting</b>: Some orange juice.

Come on kids, delurk yo'selves!

edit: cooooooooooooooooooooooode!

Code: Select all

<b>Wearing</b>: 
<b>Hearing</b>: 
<b>Eating</b>: 
<b>Drinking</b>: 
<b>Wishing</b>: 
<b>Doing</b>: 
<b>Feeling</b>:
Last edited by EsylaMcSassy on Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Joester »

<b>Wearing</b>: old black sweat pants that are full of holes, a crusty blue shirt with a little stick figure guy on the front, a watch and some rubber bands. no shoes or socks but i probably should put some on because it's cold
<b>Hearing</b>: Frank Sinatra mp3s. Luck be a lady tonight, baby.
<b>Eating</b>: robins eggs. if you don't know what those are you're deprived.
<b>Drinking</b>: water straight from the faucit.
<b>Wishing</b>: my high school would blow up in a massive fire ball which lit the skies for miles around.
<b>Doing</b>: putting off studying for this giant chemistry exam tomorrow that i have to ace if i don't want to fail for the year.
<b>Feeling</b>: apathetic, because i just don't care anymore. and paniced, because i don't care anymore, but i realize in a year i'll wish i had.
<b>Wanting</b>: about 300 extra credit points in that class.

but i'm not a lurker.

FilmBuff
Regular Poster

Post by FilmBuff »

Wheebop!

<b>Wearing</b>: shorts, because its warm
<b>Hearing</b>: aim noises
<b>Eating</b>: nothing, but making a pizza sounds good right about now...
<b>Drinking</b>: again, nothing, but when the pizza is consumed, the Jones will flow freely
<b>Wishing</b>: there were more openings for film critics in San Diego
<b>Doing</b>: talking to Steph, reading some comics, posting here.
<b>Feeling</b>: a bit sleepy
<b>Wanting</b>: my earthlink software so I can cleanse this computer of aol.

EsylaMcSassy
Regular Poster

Post by EsylaMcSassy »

<b>Wearing</b>: dark blue jeans, my blue left out skippy t-shirt, hoodie, blue scarf, doc martens
<b>Hearing</b>: people blabbity tlaking in the library
<b>Eating</b>: i had a yummy corned beef sandiwch about an hour ago...mm
<b>Drinking</b>: nothing, in the library again
<b>Wishing</b>: i could eat the yummy brownie in my bag while in the library
<b>Doing</b>: frantically finishing an assignment for a class which is in twenty minutes...and posting here. these two things are not really condusive to each other.
<b>Feeling</b>: fully-tummy feeling
<b>Wanting</b>: to not have to see a certian person in class today
Love and other indoor sports,
Esyla
<A HREF="http://www.angrychick.net" TARGET=_blank>Angry People</A> is back, and it wants to have your babies!

SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Post by SuperJoe »

Formatting is for sissies.

Right here, right now...
Wearing: Talking watch, light blue jeans with pen drawn all over, grey socks, white long johns, Harley Davidson t-shirt, small flannel shirt over that. Really small.
Hearing: Some anxiety video my mother put on the TV. And mommy on the phone. And some girl making cookies.
Eating: I had cold pizza, and tuna fish sandwich insides.
Drinking: Juice
Wishing: I was with Claire... AND THAT I COULD FLY!
Doing: Nothing that is important.
Feeling: My foot is itchy.
Wanting: For it to not be itchy.
The unSnarkable J-Walkin'!

The Moose King
Regular Poster

Post by The Moose King »

Wearing: Gray shirt and jeans.
Hearing: Caribou -- the Pixies
Eating: nope, finished dinner a couple hours ago.
Drinking: Cola.
Wishing: I had already studied for my Samuel Johnson exam tomorrow. Or that I was able to concentrate enough to do so now.
Doing: I should draw my comic. I have the script, and after the previous continuity fiascos, I don't want to fall behind this early.
Feeling: Not. Quite. Motivated. Enough.
Wanting: the ability to write and draw Forsooth on paper the way it seems in my brain. Heck, the ability to write anything to the best of my ability. Or something.

I should probably update my signature.
nielsen the moose king

"Give me strength or give me mercy -- life intimidates art."
-- Elvis Costello, "20% Amnesia"

Forsooth! at http://forsooth.keenspace.com -- new and improved collegiate antics!

Elvengrrl
Regular Poster

Post by Elvengrrl »

<b>Right here, right now... </b>
<b>Wearing: </b>olive green cargo pants, blue simpsons t-shirt, red bandana, grey vans...oh, and white socks.
<b>Hearing: </b>some remix of Shakira's "Whenever, Wherever" i got from mtv.com
<b>Eating: </b>i just finished a croissant...
<b>Drinking: </b>just finished a polar mocha.
<b>Wishing: </b>that it was friday, for numerous reasons...such as the fact that i get paid, it's the start of the weekend, i get to see Chris again, etc.
<b>Doing: </b>um...posting here?
<b>Feeling: </b>tired.
<b>Wanting: </b>there to be more hours in the day...so i could sleep more and get more stuff done...

Puck
Regular Poster

Post by Puck »

Right here, right now...
Wearing: Dark blue jeans, pyramid belt (not a poser!), grey Columbia U. t-shirt, blue bandana, blue and purple bracelets, white socks n' hiking boots
Hearing: Tappy-tap of keys and the Swing Kids compilation (Nina Simone's "Love Me or Leave Me")
Eating: Girl Scout Thin Mints, despite being in the computer lab
Drinking: nuthin'
Wishing: I had less homework from this damn three credit class
Doing: Completing storytelling class portfolio
Feeling: Jittery. Too much work & caffeine, not enough sleep.
Wanting: Lots of food and my boytoy wrapped around me in more comfortable environs than these.

FilmBuff
Regular Poster

Post by FilmBuff »

<b>Wearing: </b>boxers
<b>Hearing: </b>nothing
<b>Eating: </b>nothing
<b>Drinking: </b>warm, flat pepsi
<b>Wishing: </b>I could sleep
<b>Doing: </b>crusing the wired because I can't sleep
<b>Feeling: </b>sore
<b>Wanting: </b>sleep

EsylaMcSassy
Regular Poster

Post by EsylaMcSassy »

<b>Wearing: </b>jeans,my "/body" shirt, hoodie, red cons
<b>Hearing: </b> my dad watching The O'Reilly Factor
<b>Eating: </b> i'm about to go to Denny's with Erin
<b>Drinking: </b>nada
<b>Wishing: </b>Erin'd come to the play with me tonight.
<b>Doing: </b>waiting for erin
<b>Feeling: </b>so hungry.
<b>Wanting: </b>some good denny's food. groin-grabbingly good!
Esyla
<A HREF="http://www.angrychick.net" TARGET=_blank>Angry People</A> is back, and it wants to have your babies!

Elvengrrl
Regular Poster

Post by Elvengrrl »

<b>Wearing:</b> an "i'm not irish, but kiss me anyway" shirt that used to be my dad's aaaaaand....PURPLE MONKEY PANTS!
<b>Hearing:</b> South Park
<b>Eating:</b> nothing
<b>Drinking:</b> pepsi one
<b>Wishing:</b> i was at Chris's
<b>Doing:</b> talking to Chris, listening to the rain, half watching South Park
<b>Feeling:</b> tired. slightly icky.
<b>Wanting:</b> to stand out in the rain in a certain someone's arms...

(please excuse the sap in this post...)

Puck
Regular Poster

Post by Puck »

<b>Wearing</b>: gray "warm fuzzy" shirt, green pants, Newsies cap, boots
<b>Hearing</b>: the steady hum of lab computers
<b>Eating</b>: cheddar goldfish
<b>Drinking</b>: water
<b>Wishing</b>: that I had a Smirnoff Ice to go with the goldfish, and that I had understood all these damn theorists the first time 'round so I wouldn't be pulling this all-nighter right before my final
<b>Doing</b>: attempting to unravel the mysteries of Derrida & Althusser
<b>Feeling</b>: not of this earth. my back aches and my eyes are going on strike.
<b>Wanting</b>: an upgraded brain... there's gotta be a newer version that can understand these eejits

The Moose King
Regular Poster

Post by The Moose King »

<b>Hic et nunc --</b>
<b>Wearing</b>: old state high school Latin competition t-shirt, jeans, old shoes, headphones
<b>Hearing</b>: The Clash, "The Guns of Brixton"
<b>Eating</b>: naught
<b>Drinking</b>: cola
<b>Wishing</b>: my scanner worked.
<b>Doing</b>: wondering whether Sarah just forgot to update her site, or whether I really <i>am</i> Turnip. ("But, Nelly, I am Turnip!")
<b>Feeling</b>: A lot more self-satisfied than I deserve to feel, given that I haven't done anything clever or impressive recently.
<b>Wanting</b>: Hm, maybe this is where the scanner thing goes. But i already wished for that, so when it shows up, could I also have several thousand readers a day? Or failing that, a robot to draw backgrounds? I'm telling you, those stick figure comic people sure got something right... draw a line under the characters to suggest the floor, that's what you call "detailed". It's hard enough for me to draw the same character in the same way twice, now I have to fill in the backgrounds the same way, and orient the characters properly within them? Athena, spare me.

The Moose King
Regular Poster

Post by The Moose King »

By the way, weren't there supposed to be lurkers around here?

AP Lurker

Post by AP Lurker »

*lurk*

doode...

*disappears*

The Moose King
Regular Poster

Post by The Moose King »

<b>In this location at this time...</b>
<b>Wearing</b>: Same thing as last time, minus the shoes.
<b>Hearing</b>: Elvis Costello, "Watching the Detectives"
<b>Eating</b>: Still nothing.
<b>Drinking</b>: I ran out of soda, and I'm too lazy to go out and get some kind of replacement beverage.
<b>Wishing</b>: I had gone to sleep tonight. Oh well, I only need to survive two more hours.
<b>Doing</b>: Hm, that lurker seemed pretty spurious. Singing along with the music -- "he can't be wounded, 'cause he's got no heart..." Not too loudly, of course. Don't want to confuse the neighbors. Staying awake. Working on character pictures/descriptions for some kind of nonexistent cast list for Forsooth. I've got Jim and Anne done so far... six (seven?) well, I forget how many left to do.
<b>Feeling</b>: Tired. Still annoyed with the scanner. Mostly tired.
<b>Wanting</b>: Another soda. The ability to draw characters -- heck, I'm not even asking for the ability to draw other people's characters, my own keep eluding me well enough. A better design for Thor -- with the new characters looking so much better than the old characters and the old characters vastly improved to look as good as the new characters (the new Jim alone raises the artistic level of this comic strip by at least two notches -- Jim is a very minor character, actually not even necessary to the strip now, but I'm keeping him around because he just looks so damn cool. I merely wonder what the heck I'm going to do with him. Also, I think I've fallen in love with Julia, despite the fact that she's a) evil, b) fictional, and c) a crude caricature drawn by me. Just the insomnia talking there.) -- and who still looks like crap? Why, the protagonist of the whole thing, of course. I will admit that I haven't gotten Tim to look much better. This is only natural, as he was the protagonist of the old strip. Yeah, I've tried all I can, and I can't figure out how to make this design for Thor look good without completely changing what he looks like. Funny -- I remember when I liked the design for Thor better than any of the other characters. I'm rambling. I hope I don't do this in class. I'll stop now.

DevilNABluDrezz

Post by DevilNABluDrezz »

<b>Right here, right now...
Wearing:</b> Jammies still, a red shirt Aaron designed in high school, shimmery blue jammie pants, my fuzzy orange "muppet" toe socks, a goofy grin
<b>Hearing:</b> why does my family make noise and get up and talk and yell all night long until i have to get up in the morning at which point they've all left for work or whatever?
<b>Eating:</b> my traditional college breakfast food, tatoe chips and gummy bears
<b>Drinking:</b> the other half of my traditoinal college breakfast meal, Dr Pepper in a can
<b>Wishing:</b> this lingering, tormentous, evil semester would just finish for crissakes, and that i could see my boy more often, and that i wasn't a part-time lurker
<b>Doing:</b> painting my nails eggplant purple, wishing i'd done laundry so i cold wear my plaid pants, ditching Calculus <b>Feeling:</b> sleepy since i can't get a full hour of sleep without interuption around here, pouty about homework, missing Aaron too much
<b>Wanting:</b> uhh...guess?, and more games to play when i get bored, and not to go to any classes today, and to just win some lottery jackpot large enough that i won't have to work so i could just finish my godforsaken degree and then make movies for a living

EsylaMcSassy
Regular Poster

Post by EsylaMcSassy »

<b>Right here, right now...
Wearing:</b> jeans, doc martens, grey socks, two-row pyramid belt, black undersdhirt, shite men's dress shirt, red "pat" necktie, hoodie, red-n-white checked scarf. pink bra. white panties. yay details!
<b>Hearing:</b> tappety-tewp of computer in the library
<b>Eating:</b> god i'm hungry...
<b>Drinking:</b> water..oh i am naughty.
<b>Wishing:</b> i didn't have to wait two and a half FREAKIN hours just to make up an ASL quiz. and that i was able to ftp from these computers so i could fix the main page. no, erik, you're not turnip...
<b>Doing:</b> WAITING. dammit.
<b>Feeling:</b> achey and bored. proud that i was able to bring Halo with me to school today and spenbd quality time with hyer between finals without any major mishaps (minus her peeing on armando...heh)
<b>Wanting:</b> to go the feck home.
Esyla

AP Lurker

Post by AP Lurker »

*lurk*

Oooh... shiny thing...

*disappears*

DemonPrincess

Post by DemonPrincess »

Hiya!
I haven't been lurking long, since I just dropped in yesterday, but, here it goes:

<b>Wearing:</b> Tight black pants, lowcut top with panther print, knee-high black boots and uh... black socks and underwear.
<b>Hearing:</b> Me typing.
<b>Eating:</b> Nothing.
<b>Drinking:</b> Nothing either.
<b>Wishing:</b> To finish up all my unfinished art.
<b>Doing:</b> Exploring the cool site I just found.
<b>Feeling:</b> Like a newbie in here. :smile:
<b>Wanting:</b> A cold glass of coca-cola and a pizza.