Post!

Postby MizunoL on Mon Mar 19, 2001 6:17 am

Please? I don't want to talk to myself...
MizunoL
Regular Poster

Postby Remi on Mon Mar 19, 2001 7:38 am

Okay, I propose a game to get some kind of continued posting. I like an active forum as much as the next person. Here's the suggestion:<P>One person asks an either/or question. The next persons answer must answer that question, but may pose a question of their own. The third person may answer the first or second question, and may also pose their own question. The fourth person may answer the second or third question, but not the first (i.e. the last two questions, if the third person did not ask a question, the fourth person may answer the first or second question.) Here's a question that's been bugging me:<P>Who's the lamer Beatle, George or Ringo? No post-Beatles evidence, please.<P>-Remi<P>[This message has been edited by Remi (edited 03-19-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by Remi (edited 03-19-2001).]
Remi
Regular Poster

Postby D Carlos on Tue Mar 20, 2001 5:15 am

I'd have to go with George. Ringo wasn't "just the drummer", he was the force that kept the Beatles grounded in human reality, kept them from being consumed by the Beatles myth for so long (sort of the anti Beatles Beatle). There's this great quote from John Lennon (I think it's in the Beatles Anthology) about how, whenever he started thinking that he and his buds really were as awesome as everybody said they were, he'd look at Ringo and think, "Nah, we're just a band from Liverpool". Of course the band became so wildly successful that even Ringo's considerable powers to counteract the corrosive effects of fame, fortune and artistic pretension were eventually neutralized. Forget Yoko; that's why they really broke up.<P>(It's up to y'all to determine how serious this reply is.)
D Carlos

Postby MizunoL on Tue Mar 20, 2001 9:22 am

I beg to differ. As far as dynamic forces went in the Beatles, I feel George has always been underappreciated. His intrest in Indian music influenced the band greatly and was arguably one of the triggers for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I don't think I'd say Ringo was lame though. Just not as interesting as George. <P>Who's more annoying, Carrot Top or Pauly Shore?
MizunoL
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Wed Mar 21, 2001 1:09 am

No one ever tied me down and forced me to watch a Carrot Top movie. So I'm going with Pauly Shore.<P>What has a more intense buzz, triple espresso or Red Bull?<p>[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 03-22-2001).]
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Moss on Thu Mar 22, 2001 5:09 am

Does that imply that someone <I>has</I> tied you down and forced you to watch a Pauly Shore movie? That's inhuman!<P>As for the question: I've tried both, and I'd have to say a triple espresso definitely wins for intensity of buzz. Red Bull is probably more long-lasting, but there's nothing like a nice big dose of caffeine to get you going in the morning[1].<P>Hmm... what to ask, what to ask? This might work, given the general population here:<P>What drains away more of your free time: working on your own website, or reading other people's?
Moss

Postby Remi on Thu Mar 22, 2001 7:33 am

I definitely spend more time on mine, especially when I pencil the strips. When it's all freehand, I probably spend more time on other people's. I am not as much of a webwhore as I was at school, where the connection was fast and the hours were free. <P>On a related topic, what is the website you spend the most time on?
Remi
Regular Poster

Postby Liz on Fri Mar 23, 2001 7:28 am

Since Remi broke his own rules and posted a question not in either/or format, I go back two beyond that to the triple espresso v Red Bull question. This one is fairly easy. Coffee tastes icky. All coffee. Except in ice cream, tiramisu, or some other desert form. On the other hand, Red Bull is over priced caffeinated Kool-Aid for yuppies who want to pretend they're using hard drugs without any actual trouble, mess, or effect. So the obvious answer is tea. Thank you.<P>My question is:
Which is better black and white either/or questions, or those with many greyish subtleties?<P>Liz
Liz

Postby Haberdash on Sat Mar 24, 2001 11:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Liz:
<B>
My question is:
Which is better black and white either/or questions, or those with many greyish subtleties?<P>Liz</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well, greyish, lordamercy! what kinda Johnny could ya call yourself otherwise? "Achilles should have been spanked and sent to bed without supper. Discuss." sheesh...<P>my question:<P>which is worse, bubonic plague or leprosy?
Haberdash

Postby Melty on Sun Mar 25, 2001 9:23 am

Leprosy is definately worse. Bubonic plague makes a MUCH better Hollywood movie. <P>What's worse about a hot car in the summer, burning your ass on the vinyl seats, or getting your hand burned by the metal seatbelt latch?<p>[This message has been edited by Remi (edited 03-25-2001).]
Melty

Postby Remi on Sun Mar 25, 2001 10:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haberdash:
<B>my question:<P>which is worse, bubonic plague or leprosy?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think Leprosy is worse, if only because my Bar Mitzvah Torah portion was about the care of Lepers. My grandmother teared up when I started singing about the details of the affliction. Fun!<P>-Remi
Remi
Regular Poster

Postby MizunoL on Mon Mar 26, 2001 6:25 am

Burning your ass on the seat is definately worse. Though the worst thing about getting in a hot car is when you turn it on but the AC isn't working yet so a blast of hot air sears your face.<P>Bear vs. ninja, who would win?<P>
MizunoL
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Mon Mar 26, 2001 7:56 am

If this is just your average bear vs. your average ninja, I'd bet on the bear. Unless the bear was Winnie the Pooh.<P>You know, having Winnie the Pooh fight a ninja does have a certain appeal to it...<P>Yes or no: Is Aphex Twin music?<p>[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 03-26-2001).]
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Remi on Tue Mar 27, 2001 6:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shiro:
<B> Yes or no: Is Aphex Twin music?<P>[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 03-26-2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, because he says it is. The covers, however, especially the creepy dudes-head-on-a-Baywatch-body one, are not art.<P>Is Trigun better or worse because Vash is a doofus?
Remi
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Tue Mar 27, 2001 7:13 am

I'd say better. If Vash wasn't a doofus, he'd just be another super-strong, suave, stock anime character. His being a complete dork helps the show.<P>Yay! Another person likes Trigun!<P>Let me think of a question, umm, okay..
On a related note, which would be more excruciating to be forced to watch: American kids' cartoons or Japanese magical-girl cartoons?
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Moss on Wed Mar 28, 2001 9:35 am

Now you see, that's a tricky one, because it all depends on <I>which</I> American kids' cartoons you'd have to watch. I mean, it'd hardly be excrutiating at all to have to watch, say, <I>Rocky and Bullwinkle</I>, or even <I>Animaniacs</I>, but if I'd have to watch <I>The Smurfs</I>, or some Disney monstrosity, I'd be a bit less certain. Unless the Japanese cartoons are dubbed. In that case <I>anything</I> would be better. It's not that I'd be worried about missing the great acting of the original version (?), it's just that I couldn't bear to have that horrible, horrible American anime-dubbing voice pounding into my head, hour after hour, day after day--it would be a hell on Earth.<P>I guess if it's a really random mixture of dubbed and non-dubbed Japanese cartoons, and evil and non-evil American cartoons, I'll have to go with American. If the anime is all subtitled, though--as if I could expect such mercy from anyone that would do something like this--I think I'd choose the Japanese cartoons, because they'd be easier to tune out, and would at least be weird and foreign.<P>And of course, either one is better than being tied down and forced to watch Pauly Shore movies.<P>What's more attractive, Good or Evil?<p>[This message has been edited by moss (edited 03-28-2001).]
Moss

Postby Remi on Thu Mar 29, 2001 1:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haberdash:
<B>Oh, yeah, I forgot to post a question... ummm... who's sexier, Queen Victoria or Henry Kissinger?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Eleanor Roosevelt
Remi
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Thu Mar 29, 2001 1:13 am

The idea of ANY of those people being ANY kind of sexy physically sickens me.<P>Although I did have a friend who swore up and down that Eleanor Roosevelt was a lesbian.
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Melty on Thu Mar 29, 2001 3:38 am

Yeah, I've heard that too! Well, I heard she was bi. hmm... bi, and married her cousin. Oh well, still a great lady.<P>What's worse, marrying your cousin, or having no teeth?
Melty

Postby Shiro on Thu Mar 29, 2001 7:20 am

Definitely marrying your cousin. At least if you have no teeth, you can borrow money and save up to get some put in. If you marry your cousin, you're stuck with a load of mentally retarded kids that all look somewhat like Prince Charles. Sure you can get divorced and move across the country, but it's not as easily fixed as having no teeth.<P>You have to have sex with either Eleanor Roosevelt or Prince Charles. Which one?
Shiro
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Too Fat to be a RockStar