On Hiatus

Postby Avatar Zero on Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:36 pm

Everybody,

LGW is going on a much-needed break, starting... actually, it started last week. Anyways, there are many reasons why we're in such big need of this hiatus, including, but not limited to, the following:

MY POINT OF VIEW -

1) I really need to get this site fully functional, but still have a lot to do for it. Since every new piece added means a little more that has to be done, taking a break from the regular stuff gives me some room to get that extra little work done.

2) Work sucks. What this means is that I tend to be too low on time and energy these days to help Dan bounce around ideas and give him the tech advice he asks for. Break gooood...

DAN'S POINT OF VIEW -

1) Stuck in a corner. No, I haven't glued Dan to the corner of his living room (which is where the computer is), I'm talking in terms of how the story is progressing. There's only one logical direction for it to go right now, but it's getting hard for him to see where it goes.

2) Burning out. We've been working on this comic for a long time (hey, anything more than a month is considered ancient history for us). Lately, it just hasn't been as fulfilling for him to work on because he's been working on it too hard for the past couple of months. Taking a break in this case is good to keep the whole thing from becoming "work" (remember, though we both care deeply for this comic, it's a hobby work and not a professional intent), and allows that creativity and character voices a chance to start coming back.

3) Outside Offers. Dan's gotten some offers to do short writing outside of LGW, in genres he enjoys greatly. This, of course, is going to take up quite a bit of his otherwise free time for a while, but will help in allowing a little bit of LGW to creep back into him (it always does, it just needs time sometimes) and help him get slightly established in a field he wants to get more into.

Anyways, this should explain to ya'll what's going on. We're not disappearing forever, just taking a nap so that we DON'T disappear forever.

Take care, ya'll.

Godlike Lord o' the Sith Mike
LGW Webmaster/Assistant
Regular Poster

Postby Nether Chic on Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:44 pm

Looking forward to when it does come back online :smile:
Nether Chic

Postby Cannonshop on Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:49 am

Nether Chic wrote:Looking forward to when it does come back online :smile:

Well, I'm back again- at least, for a while.
Cannonshop
Regular Poster

Return to Legends of the Galaxy War