New Forums...

Postby Avatar Zero on Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:59 am

Okay, as you can probably tell by now, Keenspace, in it's "infinite wisdom" has decided to scrub the old forum software for what you now see before you. And, of course, par to their style, none of us were informed of the decision until AFTER they had implimented it. I had to go to the main forum index and hunt through nearly the entire page to find out what our new URL was.

Oh, before I forget, I would like to take this time to state, for the record, that my opinion of this new forum software is that it sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls. It throws out too much useless info and does an excellent job of making the useful ones pretty much unreadable. I also dislike the fact that now all of the forums are trapped with the "Keenspace" logo rather than the comic's logo. If such customization is available, they sure haven't told us about it (the only message I've seen on the matter only said "The new location for the forums is forums.keenspace.com" with no other info). If anyone knows better, then correct me on the matter so that I can get this fixed. Finally is the fact that I pretty much have to do recoding work to make the forums accessible. It's not that the work is hard - only one line of code in a single file - just that it means I have to wait for the already slower-than-a-pregnant-turtle servers to go through and update the info in all of our existing files, including an archive of over 180 pages of comics to date. All of this on what essentially seems to be just a mere whim of fancy. The old forums were working exceptionally well once the system had been brought to a stable level (a rare treat here) and there was no logical OR logistical need to change.

Can you tell I'm bitter about this? I would, under other circumstances, demand to have the old forums given back to us if not for the fact that I already know it would be generally ignored unless made more publicly and the only public outlet for it would pretty much just getted my s#!^ jumped by people who "don't want to rock the boat".

Anyways, here it is, the new forums. Take it or leave it.

I personally would leave it if I could.
Regular Poster

Postby Nether Chic on Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:17 am

You know for all the trouble they are going thru to make everyone's lives so f*ckin ( I wonder if I can say "fuckin" without it hitting me with a bad words filter) miserable ,they should have installed an Ikonboard (http://www.ikonboard.com).

Perhaps a professional look isn't what they are after! Hell, even when I started out doing web developing it never looked this bad!!!

This board layout, etc sucks! Sorry LGW for your misery. :sad:
Nether Chic

Return to Legends of the Galaxy War