Annoyed

Postby Normalguy on Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:14 am

I'm starting to get rather annoyed with the hate mail I've been receiving lately regarding PvP...<P>Just something I wanted to say. It seems Scott's fans are just as big of pricks as he is =(<P>------------------
The Normal Guy
College roommate, video games, beer. What more could you want in a cartoon?
<A HREF="http://normalguy.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>The Normal Guy</A>
Normalguy
Regular Poster

Postby Melchior on Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:22 am

Post some of it? Hate mail is usually funny!
Melchior

Postby Normalguy on Mon Jul 02, 2001 6:01 am

Nah<P>most of it is just mindless crap like "your comic sucks!"<P>I mean, it would actually be fun to read if people were intelligent instead of just mindlessly making themselves look even dumber.<P>------------------
The Normal Guy
Normalguy
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg79 on Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:15 am

Well you do suck at it. It's not their fault.
Kellogg79

Postby Normalguy on Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:48 am

screw you hippy!<P>just for that I'm gonna kill off Calvin or something<P>------------------
The Normal Guy
Normalguy
Regular Poster

Postby Melchior on Tue Jul 03, 2001 1:04 am

He's just an instigator.
Melchior

Postby Normalguy on Tue Jul 03, 2001 2:09 am

nah, he's entitled to his own opinion even if it is a bit ignorant that he thinks EVERYONE thinks like him... it's a good thing they don't =)<P>------------------
The Normal Guy
Normalguy
Regular Poster

Postby Soylent-green on Tue Jul 03, 2001 8:54 am

I'm not being sarcastic when I say your comic is God-awful both in humor and art. I even dug through some of the archives to see if today was just a "fluke." Man was I sadly mistaken. Take some art classes, get a better writer, do something OTHER than what you are doing right now. You have the will, you have the way, now make a quality effort. <P>This was nothing against you personally but really it needed to be said incase you got some dissillusion people "enjoy" your comic. In most cases people are being nice, this doesn't help you recognize your own failings. Of course I don't know anyone who is commenting to you personally, it's just a guess considering how bad your comic is and why you keep going with it's current state. Good luck to you, peace.
Soylent-green

Postby Normalguy on Tue Jul 03, 2001 9:18 am

Well, um let's see...<P>for starters I COULD do a quality comic like Scott Kurtz does EASILY.... I can draw good if I really have to... as for art classes... let's see, 1/3 of my major is art classes.<P>The fact of the matter is I can only give SO MUCH... unlike many other artists out there who have "quality strips" I go to class and work with my classes anywhere between 12-20 hours A DAY. A comic can take up 1-2 hours a day and well, let's just say I really have to rush things just in hopes to make a comic before I pass out for being too damn tired.<P>If I could spend 8-10 hours a day working on a comic... just imagine what I could do. Starting in August when I have a little bit of free time come back and I'll show people what I could do if I had the time.... I know that my art isn't the greatest, I feel though my writing is getting there... but as I said, I'm still developing my characters and I've only been at this for a few months... and I should be doing SOMETHING right if Calvin got nominated for best supporting character.<P>But anyway, here's what I want to get across to people.... criticize my work, that's fine with me because it only makes me a better artist... but to come out and just say "your comic sucks!" and have no reasoning what so ever behind it is just plain and simple being a pure asshole. <P>Anyway, thanks for your comments on it, I really do appreciate it. And I hope that in coming in August you'll come back and maybe take a look at what I could be capable of doing if time allowed me such.<P>------------------
The Normal Guy
Normalguy
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg79 on Tue Jul 03, 2001 9:33 am

What's wrong with the writer? I think he has a pretty damn talented writer.<p>[This message has been edited by Kellogg79 (edited 07-03-2001).]
Kellogg79

Postby Kookolobongo on Tue Jul 03, 2001 10:53 am

Hate mail (MORON Mail?) is the reason i keep my mouth shut (typing fingers???) whenever scott decides to throw his tantrums. I still like the strip, i just can't stand the man anymore. Figures the first person I ever sent fan art to had to be him.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://nerdalert.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Nerd Alert.</A> Blowing up anime chicks everywhere.
Kookolobongo
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg79 on Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:49 am

You've gotta love the hate mail that tells that your strip sucks and that they should know because they read your entire archive and read it everyday. It sounds stupid, but there are people like that.
Kellogg79

Postby Normalguy on Wed Jul 04, 2001 11:02 am

I actually enjoy hate mail.... controversey and me mix greatly =)<P>I just get annoyed with the ones who only say "your comic sucks!" cause it's like ok... that was funny the first 50 times I read that.<P>------------------
The Normal Guy
Normalguy
Regular Poster

Postby BW on Sat Jul 07, 2001 8:05 am

Yeah.. isn't great how people have nothing else to do than gripe and complain about what others are actually doing.. you know.. doing something instead of sitting on one's ass complaining without a whole lot of support..
BW

Postby BW on Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:06 am

PvP.. hmm .. why would you name your comic after a substance that is used as stuffing for children's toys?? Duh<P>(PVP is a type of pellet that is used for the stuffing of TY beanie babies)
BW

Return to The Normal Guy