General Comments and Feedback

Postby Lord Emsworth on Tue May 15, 2001 9:14 am

The strip is still comparatively young, but the general premise is certainly rather unusual. While not overly enamoured of science fiction elements, the aliens are rather interesting, and I'm consistently amused by the names "Ra-gun" and "Thatch-Ur" (the latter recently invaded El Paso, btw, at one of those $100 dollar a head banquets.) I was amused by the Kroft reference as well, and I quite like the sheep, and wouldn't mind seeing more of him. The transformation of Kip into Iron Shamrock was interesting, and already we get hints, however, that the new Kip may or may not be heroic but will probably be an egotistical BoxJam. Aside from the sheep, I think Father Brandywine seems like the most sympathetic character, and Professor M seems to be set up as the pompous buffoon. The twists on old stereotypes are also amusing, and I still wonder how a rabbi came to be in a small Irish town (or for that matter, Elvis.) Not overly fond of the sexual innuendo (and what today's strip is suggesting), but still, overall, it's been quite interesting. The new weekend interludes by AustinWombat also hold promise (though it's definitely a bit early to judge in that regard.) Strip quality seemed just a tad variable for awhile, but I expect that was due to scanner problems, and does not really detract from the strip. Definitely a strip to keep an eye on, and there's been quite an improvement since the days of the blank front page.<P>Well, how's that for feedback, Mr. Harrell?<P>
Lord Emsworth
Regular Poster

Postby Michael on Wed May 16, 2001 12:04 am

I'm personally quite enamored of the Druid Horde, all three of'em.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.vivtek.com/toonbots/" TARGET=_blank>Toonbots.</A> Only the coolest of people like it. You want to be cool, don't you?
Michael
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nd on Wed May 16, 2001 12:49 am

Well, Mr Emsworth, that'll do just fine.
As always, you've given an indepth overview in such a way that you get your preferences across and cut to the heart of the matter.<P>As for comments to your comments...
The innuendo was honestly accidental. I mistyped what I intended and thought it was funnier than the original gag so I left it in.<P>The sheep... when I figure out how to draw it, it'll appear more often. Originally intended was for a pair of sheep to be consistently heckling the humans.<P>I'm not sure about your perspectives on the rest of the cast. They aren't too far off the mark, but as you said, the strip is till young. After the Alien Menace is resolved, we'll see a bit more character development focussing on the individuals more.<P>Thank you <i>very</i> much on your feedback. It is as thorough as it is thoroughly appreciated.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://ironshamrock.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Iron Shamrock</A>, the comic that's still half-assed in all it's glory after all these years...
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nd on Thu May 17, 2001 1:41 am

The druid horde is one of the only original jokes to have survived the original brainstorming. That and the Zabruder Film. I know it's uncouth to talk about your own stuff, but I'm really happy with the way the Zabruder strips turned out.<P>As an aside, the eeeevil warrior was originally supposed to be intimidating...
Nd
Cartoon Hero

Return to Iron Shamrock