How do you handle stupidity in the world?

Postby Maelstrom32 on Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:58 am

Today in my government class their was this really ignorant and obnoxious boy. He kept on speaking above the teacher and saying things about how useless women were and how they should stay in the kitchen, now he could have been high, or maybe he's just a stupid kid. Either way he made me very angry by his treatment of the girls in the class and our teacher who chose to ignore him.
This is an example of the supreme stupidtity that we all have to put up with from day to day...all of us no matter WHO we are.
I couldn't stand it and i stood up to him
he made fun of me of course but i think that it shocked him into leaving the teacher alone. My sane classmates were also grateful<P>It is good to be silent but it is also good to speak up.
Maelstrom32
Regular Poster

Postby Bialy on Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:38 am

Apathy. ^^ Apathy's usually my solution to just about everything. I get insulted about a few things, of course, but not often.<P>A direct insult to myself would usually be met with an agreement.
"You're ugly!"
"Why yes . . . Yes I am."
Even if I don't think I'm ugly, I still agree with them. It doesn't hurt my feelings and I don't feel like arguing with an idiot, and so agreeing with them most often gets them off your back.<P>But then again, I'm used to being made fun of. I used to be tormented when I was a kid, so I had to get used to it. *shrug*<P>If someone does touch a nerve with me, my response varies greatly. Ranges from an ugly glare and no response to a chew out with various not-nice things said.<P>But for the most part, I find the above helpful.<P>--Jessica
She who gets everything, but who will kill herself anyway! LOL!!!1!1
Bialy
Regular Poster

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:15 pm

Hello, I am asking this question on many message boards to get answers from many different people.
What I mean by this question, I guess, is, what do you do when someone insults you, or anything happens that really gets on your nerves? In other words, how do you handle life?<P>------------
Daniel W. <A HREF="http://spacelosers.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>http://spacelosers.keenspace.com</A>
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dedos on Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:36 pm

What a loaded question...
I don't know.. it really depends on the situation (much like life).. but in general, I have a sort of martyr complex, so I just suffer silently.
Dedos
Regular Poster

Postby Greeneyedblackcat on Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:01 am

a southerner I know always told me to smile & be gracious, then get the hell out of there.<P>I guess she had to go t a lot of cocktail parties.<P>(just trying to lighten the load a bit)<P>take care.<P>gebc
Greeneyedblackcat
Regular Poster

Postby Sinnerdragon on Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:23 am

Actually, I threat stupid people as they deserve. I agree with everything they say, and smile a lot, like I would do with someone with big head problems. It's funny to see them explode in rage, ehe!
Gilda
Sinnerdragon
Regular Poster

Postby Zindelt on Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:15 am

I usually act normal (by that I mean really strange) and laugh insanely for a few minutes so that people think that I am really mentally ill. But if it is something that really bothers me, I will get a fit of rage and yell in foreign languages.<P>Zindelt the Odd.
Zindelt
Regular Poster

Postby SammySpade on Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:55 am

what do you do when someone insults you, or anything happens that really gets on your nerves? In other words, how do you handle life?<P>I don't know how to answer that. I really don't. It used to damage me so. Then after about 6th grade I just didn't seem to care what anyone else thought anymore. I'm me and thats that. However, the demon does resurface in me from time to time.<P>Wishing you pax,
Sammy Spade
SammySpade
Regular Poster

Return to L.O.L.M.