cat killin' time

cat killin' time

Postby FilmBuff on Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:41 pm

OK, so I am curious: I am liking the latest batch of ECJ with the revamped style, but I'm told I can be a bit biased in that area. What do the rest of you (i.e. anyone who is still out there reading) think? What do you like and what, besides the sparatic updates (I <i>swear</i> she is getting better about that) do you not like?
FilmBuff
Regular Poster

Postby Morbid Walker on Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:13 pm

Well, I've been reading ECJ since way back when it was in its original form (and paying occasional homage to my own strip (tee hee)), so I may also be biased. I'm flipping through all the oldies and admiring, in particular, the strips in the original style, but with all the cool shading.

The next style though, allowed for more expressive ... uh ... expressions, and I always liked the dots that everybody's nose makes when looked at head-on.

Even so, I prefer the original style, with the shading, over all the ones to come after. So there.
-- Colin Bartolome
-- Another Crappy Comic Strip
-- Three stick figures and a few cacti. Life gets no better.
Morbid Walker
Regular Poster

Postby Toom on Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:04 am

There has yet to be a style exhibited in ECJ that I dislike. Indeed, the only grumble I have with the new site is that I occasionally have the sidebar loading twice (ie a sidebar within a sidebar), but I expect that's my browser doing bad things.

In summary: me like! Also, me like the more regular updates!

PS I have been pimping this comic incessantly to RStevens.
"Now I will smash beer bottles on your head! Your HEAD!!"
Toom
Regular Poster

Postby FilmBuff on Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:09 am

Toom wrote:the only grumble I have with the new site is that I occasionally have the sidebar loading twice (ie a sidebar within a sidebar), but I expect that's my browser doing bad things.

Actually, I think that may be a problem with the sidebar, not your browser. Steph has said she wants to work out some kinks in the new layout when she gets a chance. But she knows more about the comings and goings of her strip than I do, so I'll let her confirm or deny that.
FilmBuff
Regular Poster

Postby Immortal_lelio on Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:43 pm

well, again, in consideration that i've been reading ecj for a bookoo long time now; i've enjoyed all of it's styles. i must admit, though, i am THOROUGHLY enjoying this style. it's friggin adorable and colourfull and pretty, and guess what else? the strips are still funny! something a lot of people tend to forget about when focusing on pretty art. um, so yes, rambling. but i love stephie, and i love ecj, and that is all.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

http://fanfare.keenspace.com
Immortal_lelio
Regular Poster

Postby Elvengrrl on Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:12 pm

...dude...you so just made my day.

*gives Rachel hugs!*
(enthusiastic hugs, eh?)
Elvengrrl
Regular Poster

Postby EsylaMcSassy on Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:06 am

I LIKE IT!
I LIKE it a LOT!

*dances*

best style yet, I say. Suits the comic very well. Three cheers for my sis! :D
EsylaMcSassy
Regular Poster

Postby Katana on Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:11 pm

*pats ECJ* The new style is awesome. I like it as much as the first style though more than the last style.

And the sidebar thing is actually because hitting "Today's" on any Keen site brings you to the index, which I assume is the frame layout for this site, right? Dunno if you can fix that unless you actually html your template so that "Today's" is an html link to the comic's frame instead of the Keenspace code,

But yes. I also like purple piggies. They oink, but in a purplier way than normal piggies.

*wanders about aimlessly*
Katana
Regular Poster

Return to Eternal Caffeine Junkie