Vague Title With No Purpose

Postby Toom on Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:46 am

The shadowy figure looming over Steph set down his jumbo-sized roll of duct tape.<P>"You won't escape me this time!" he chuckled.<P>"Mmmmf mmmf mmmmmmf!" protested the mummified one.<P>"Watch your mouth, young lady!" scolded the mysterious attacker, and again raised his tape o' misfortune...<P>------------------
<I>When they drag you kicking and screaming from the scene, you know that it's time to leave.</I> <A HREF="http://www.dreamwater.net/toom" TARGET=_blank>Please visit my shoddy website and read some comics.</A>
Toom
Regular Poster

Postby FilmBuff on Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:45 am

The figure paced back and forth before his duct-taped hostage. Everything had gone perfectly, except for one small detail.<P>His eyes landed on the phone. She had been dialing when he had come in through the window. He had grabbed her before she could say anything, but there was still the lingering feeling that whoever was on the other end would cause trouble.<P>She was struggling again. He wished she would stop, it was affecting his concentration. And until he knew how that phone had changed the situation, he needed his concentration.
FilmBuff
Regular Poster

Postby Katana on Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:35 pm

Kyla sat at the desk in her room, staring vacantly at the computer screen. AOL was getting boringer (you know, outside of its usual suckiness). "Why is my life so boring???" she muttered to herself. <P>Eris just happened to hear her. <P>The phone rang. Kyla blinked, then snagged it. "Bueno," she said, because she had yet to learn the latin for hello, and she can't spell the Greek. <P>No one was on the other line. Well, someone was, but they weren't talking. "Hello?" No one answered, but it sounded like there was a fight on the other end. Using her psychic powers (and caller ID), Kyla checked to see who had called her...maybe they were in trouble...<P>_________<P>Tag! Someone else go. <P>------------------
St. Katana the Damned, Empress of Saturn and Her Outlying Moons and Rings and self-appointed Bartender of the Boards
Katana
Regular Poster

Postby Elvengrrl on Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:52 pm

<i>Area code 619?</i> she thought...<i>That's San Diego...wait, STEPH'S in San Diego...</i><P>Suddenly, she heard a muffled scream before the line went dead. <i>SHIT.</i> She flew over to her computer to find out when the next flight to San Diego was....thankfully, she had just enough frequent flyer miles...<i>I can only hope I'm not too late...</i><P>**************************<P>Steph's eyes bulged in panic. That's really all she could do, being mummified in ducttape...
Elvengrrl
Regular Poster

Postby Katana on Sun Feb 03, 2002 7:37 am

Meanwhile, back in NY (or at least, the sky above NY), Kyla was on the phone. "Good thing I extorted all that money. These stupid plane phones are expensive," she muttered as the phone rang. Someone picked up on the other end.<P>"Yesss?"<P>Kyla smiled. "I was hoping I'd reach you here. I need to aquire your services. There's good money in it."<P>The voice perked with interest, "Good money good now, yess?"<P>Kyla rolled her eyes. <I>Why must mutant green weasels always sound like psychopathic versions of Gollum?</I>. "Yes. Good money good now. Meet me in San Diego."<P>"Yesss..." The click on the other end was either the MGW hanging up, or something Kyla didn't want to speculate about. A voice came on over the intercom. "Today, we'll be showing The Matrix as the inflight movie."<P><I>Oooh, a movie!</I> Kyla sat back to watch.
Katana
Regular Poster

Postby FilmBuff on Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:12 am

Chris thumbed through his magazine. Ah, there he was, toward the back. Oh well, they had run the article almost exactly as he had written it, and a paycheck was a paycheck. More importantly, he had managed to write up his last assignment in the hotel after the premiere. Typical fluff
FilmBuff
Regular Poster

Postby Elvengrrl on Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:20 am

Steph struggled frantically. She was confused...so utterly confused. Not to mention frightened beyond belief. Who was this stranger? What did he want with her? So many thoughts flew through her head as she lay there on the cold hard floor.<P>Suddenly, the shadowy figure pulled a rag out of his bag. It seemed to be damp...though it wasn't with water. He had finally gotten frustrated with her...she squirmed too much...she made too many noises...and he needed to concentrate. Every time his thoughts seemed to gather, every time it started to become clear, she would move or grunt or whimper. This, in his mind, was inexcusable. No one dared break his concentration...for if they did, there was hell to pay. <P>Steph whimpered slightly as he held the rag up to her nose, and she smelled the pungent odor emanating from that small bit of worn, faded red cloth. Her sight became blurred, and then began to darken, until finally she was unconscious. Unconscious, unmoving, and quiet. Just the way he wanted her to be.<p>[This message has been edited by elvengrrl (edited 02-04-2002).]
Elvengrrl
Regular Poster

Postby Katana on Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:35 am

Meanwhile, back on the plane...<P>(Doodley doodley dooo...<~~Scene changing muzak)<P>...Kyla was digging through her bag for the snacks she'd brought along. She wanted something small, munchy, and with multiple parts. <I>Aha! Cheez-its!</I> <P>She got the bag open and took out a Cheez-it. She tossed it into the air and caught it. She then took aim and nailed the Matrix hating weirdo on the back of the head. She then hurredly shoved the snacks away and made a big show of enjoying the movie.
Katana
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:22 am

bob was a lazy sob. he lived on his parents couch until he was 40, when his father finally chased him out and forced him to get a job. and through some twist of fate he ended up working engine maintenence at the local air port. it always amazed bob that they never actually did that background check to find out that he lied about his engineering degree on his resume. not that it was really important, he had found. after all, he cut all kinds of corners while checking the planes before they took off, sometimes he even accidendally broke stuff, and no one had noticed yet. nothing bad could come of it. life was good. <P>engine 4 errupted in a massive shower of flames and little bits of metal. "What was that sound?" kyla wondered on the inside of the plane.<P>"Engine four is caput!" cried the pilot.
"Did you just say caput?" wondered the co-pilot.
"we're dropping altitude fast! we're going to crash!" the pilot screeched, pulling on the yoke frantically.
"what!? Damn!" the co-pilot exclaimed, undoing his seat belt and getting out of his chair.
"Where are you going?" the polit asked.
"I've never seen the end of the matrix," the copilot explained, "and i'll be damned if i die without knowing if neo is the one or not!"
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Return to Eternal Caffeine Junkie