Silly question out of the blue...

Postby Zeno on Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:32 am

Heh, I think the subject just described the icon I picked. ^_^; Anyway, I was just wondering if Stephanie has ever drawn a group shot poster style pic of the ECJ crew. I really like her artwork and I'd like to see more. <P>I know you're busy and all, but have you ever considered making ECJ merchandise? It would be cool to have a t-shirt or a poster for my wall. XD -Someone I know through a friend runs a web comic called Mega Tokyo (http://www.megatokyo.com) and he uses CafePress to sell stuff. I don't know how that works. I was just wondering if you have a gallery of your other artwork somewhere online. Mostly all I have online right now is stuff I've drawn on my friend's oekaki board (kenshin.net). <P>Anyway, I was just looking at the archives and I really like the feature drawings you did for Nov. 1, Nov. 5, and Dec. 24. The Christmas Eve one is cute with hunched sholders and apologetic grin, and Zeke looks so embarressed in that other one! XD - I was just wondering if you ever did a group pic of all 4 of the main characters together. That would be really neat. BTW, I really dig Arlie's neon hair! ^-^<P>Ok, I think I've written enough. Gotta go!<P>* /me zips over to his clipboard to work on sketches for his own strip *<P>ja ne
-Zeno
Zeno

Postby Zeno on Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:27 am

Well that's cool. ^_^ I can see how a group shot would be difficult to draw. You might get one character just perfect but then mess up on one of the others or make them both look good, but not in proportion to each other. It could be a regular headache. ^^;; I didn't know that the shirts faded. I've never ordered anything from there. I dunno why I'm up so late. I should go take an 8 hour nap or something. Bah! Who needs sleep? XD
Zeno

Postby FilmBuff on Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:39 am

You act like being up that late is a bad thing...<P>Welcome to the board Zeno. Always nice to have another ECJ fan among our ranks.
FilmBuff
Regular Poster

Postby Elvengrrl on Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:33 pm

well thanks for liking the strip ^^;;<P>i've sketched out a few ideas for group shots, but they never turned out as well as i would have hoped...there'll one sometime in the future though...and i'm also working on an online gallery for my other art too...<P>i've also been considering ECJ merchandise...i've checked out Cafe Press, and it's not TOO bad, although the shirts fade A LOT after washing...so i may set up an account there sooner or later...<p>[This message has been edited by elvengrrl (edited 01-04-2002).]
Elvengrrl
Regular Poster

Postby Toom on Sat Jan 19, 2002 12:29 pm

Lotsa print shops do discounts on largish runs of professionally-done shirts (I used to sell Happy Bob shirts through my site until I decided it wasn't in the spirit of the strip)...but shipping is a pain in the proverbial. Dum de dum.
Toom
Regular Poster

Postby The Joester on Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:19 am

it's funny how he thought he needed to give us the address of megatokyo, as if we all weren't living in it's shadow.
The Joester
Cartoon Hero

Return to Eternal Caffeine Junkie