Is everything okay?

Is everything okay?

Postby Jcs on Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:19 pm

It's been nigh 3 months... just making sure the author lady is alive and well.

Jason
Jcs
Regular Poster

Postby Bluecanary on Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:53 am

i'm alive! and i'm well. thanks for asking. 8^)

i've just been bogged down by work,(need to rework my drawing time, almost at this job a year and i'm just realizing that doing things last minute like in college isn't going to cut it for the comic anymore.)

bogged down by a small auto accident (i'm ok, car's ok. everybody's happy.)

bogged down by the holidays, (ramming speed!)

and bogged down by trying to map out the story to where it needs to go when i can't really think of anything at all. (insert blank mind here.)

i am working on stuff like the two pages for the next keenspace book. woo!
and guess who got dreamweaver and a 17" monitor for christmas? ok, now guess who's re-designing her comic's website? ^_^

for those who are curious, i present the new blue canary logo!
the background? that's what i want the main page to be like. the white and blue dots version will be in the archive. (yes, tim, i will finally fix that archive! :D )
i expect to have the main page, archive, fan art and update pages ready by the end of january. i'll try to squeeze some new comics inbetween here and then.

enjoy!
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Postby Jcs on Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:54 pm

Huzzah! She's alive and well!!! :D May you have a safe and prosperous New Year!

Jason
Jcs
Regular Poster

Postby Jo-chan on Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:16 pm

Yes, our illustrious authoress is alive and well, much to the collective relief of we, her friends and fans. Don't let her fool you about the car, though... the little silver baby was out of commission for about two weeks while the parts came in... but the car is well, and Kit did come out of what could have been a nasty wreck with little more than scratches and a sore neck.

Don't forget, Kathryn dear, that you have a web-geek in your house... you need some help coding this redesign.... you know where I live. ;)

<-- more than happy to play with Dreamweaver 4 in the name of Art and Comics. 8)
Jo-chan

Postby Bluecanary on Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:09 pm

jcs wrote:Huzzah! She's alive and well!!! :D May you have a safe and prosperous New Year!

Jason

you, too!
i hope it's a joyous and happy year for you.
8^)
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Postby JTPokie on Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:23 pm

YAY!

congrats on the new monitor (Ken better have gotten you a good one) and I expect to see great things from you with dreamweaver in your corner!

Happy New Year!

Tim

PS.... My site is still dead.. if you have any contacts in keenspace.... can ya nudge-em for me?

Thanks!

Tim
Wha's Your Gig? http://www.nightgig.com

The Gigcast
JTPokie
Regular Poster

Nifty!

Postby NaKaithus on Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:25 pm

I *really* like that new logo. It has a retro-cool look to it. BTW, what font did you use for the titling?

Nak
Nak
NaKaithus
Regular Poster

Postby Bluecanary on Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:21 pm

i'm glad you like it! 8^)

the font is "eight track" available from fontalicious.com. it should be freebie or at least shareware. it's a cool font. :D
after i used it, i realized where i saw it before. it is also used in the logo for the comic "as if!"
another good font from the same site that i'm using on the new page design is called "pussycat."

hope i spelt the website's name right...
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Postby NaKaithus on Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:16 pm

I've seen that site before. I never did seriously check out the fonts there, probably because the day-glo design of the website gave me headaches after a couple of pages. It's nice to know that they have good stuff there, though...
Nak
NaKaithus
Regular Poster

Postby Kev of the Apocalypse on Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:07 am

She lives!! Welcome back, Kat! Good luck on the site design and everything!
I'm sorry I never got to do that guest comic for you, but lately I'm barely getting my own done in time. IF I can find time I'd still like to do one. Maybe later?
"Humanity's salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted"

Kev of the Apocalypse
Regular Poster

Location: State of entropy. . . or Mississippi. I forget which.

Postby Bluecanary on Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:12 pm

thanks, kev. :D
i'm trying my best. it's going slower than i thought. i forgot the keenspace book pages are due this month, too. working on those this week. i may only have the main page and archive ready by my end of the month deadline.

don't worry about the guest comic, i'll consider it as a rain check.
to tell the truth, i forgot you offered! :oops:
i do appreciate the it, though. :D if you decide to get one completed before i ask for one, i may hold it back until it is needed, or runit right away, since i'm impatient like that. :P
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Return to Blue Canary