accident

accident

Postby Bluecanary on Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:04 am

hi gang!

the reason i haven't been here much, besides my mother coming for a week long visit and the busy thanksgiving holiday, is that on monday, the 25th, i was involved in a car accident.

i am ok. i want to stress that right off the bat. so far, all i've got is a little neck strain and a mashed car. it's at the body shop, i have a rental car and i'm taking it easy. i got to take the soft collar brace off on thursday night, but i'm going by a doctor on monday to double check that everything is still ok.

i was rear-ended by a tow truck (or wrecker, whatever you prefer,) on my lunch break monday. it was just after it had rained and the road was slick. i tried to merge in traffic after stopping at a stop sign and my tires spun. next thing i knew, there was the huge bump and a grill with the word "international" in my rear-view.
:cry: my poor car! it's rear-end's smooshed!

i'll try to get the next comic up monday since it was mostly completed before the accident. all that it lacks is scanning, graytones and dialouge. i hope to finish that soon, since i will not be compeating with my mother for the computer (love you, mom! :wink: ) i hope she'll be safe driving, she just left this morning.

sorry i haven't been to up-to-date with you guys inthe forum, but since i got into trouble reading webcomics at work, i've kinda been avoiding using the internet there and by the time i get home, i'm tired of looking at a computer screen after working with illustrator all day. :-? not to mention the e-mail with tons of spam to wade through. 8^P

put i do read my e-mails so if you send one, i'll get it. 8^)
but i am ok, and the next comic will be up monday.

i am re-evaluating the process in which i make a comic. it was great for a four panel gag-a-day like the first strips, but there's more story now. i only know how it ends, not what happens in between so i need to sit down and figure that out. the updates will continue to be sporadic until i figure out what i'm doing. the comic and the story will not change, just the way i go about figuring out what goes on next. no more of this last minute figuring it out like on the night before it's due. i think the comic suffers the longer i do that. i want to have this comic scripted somewhat. i do expect changes to occur from the original script to the finished comic, so what i figure out may not be written in stone, but to use a a guideline.

let me know what you guys think of that and again, sorry for not being around much.
most of all, thank you. if you guys weren't here, i wouldn't know who i was drawing for, much less, if i'd still be drawing this comic at all. thank you!that goes for the lurkers, too! :D
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Postby Kev of the Apocalypse on Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:52 pm

Holy crap! I'm glad you're okay, there Kat. Don't worry about the lateness issue. It happens. Even to me every once in awhile.

As for the creative process, only good can come of this. I usually have mine mapped out a few comics in advance with the whole storyline plotted in advance. I never actually write anything down though. I understand it can be very helpful though. Anyway, best of luck and I'll still be reading!
"Humanity's salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted"

Kev of the Apocalypse
Regular Poster

Location: State of entropy. . . or Mississippi. I forget which.

Postby Kev of the Apocalypse on Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:53 pm

Holy crap! I'm glad you're okay, there Kat. Don't worry about the lateness issue. It happens. Even to me every once in awhile.

As for the creative process, only good can come of this. I usually have mine mapped out a few comics in advance with the whole storyline plotted in advance. I never actually write anything down though. I understand it can be very helpful though. Anyway, best of luck and I'll still be reading!

Kev of the Apocalypse
Regular Poster

Postby Kev of the Apocalypse on Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:53 pm

Kev of the Apocalypse
Regular Poster

Postby Joshnickerson on Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:12 am

Aaah! I'm glad you're okay! I would have posted sooner, but I just haven't been by here lately.
I hope all goes well for you and I hope to read the latest Blue Canary soon! :)
Joshnickerson
Regular Poster

Postby Bluecanary on Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:18 pm

you haven't been around here lately, josh? lol
well, apparently, neither have i.
i've been bad about checking my forum and e-mail. 8^(

but i'm ok, doing better. the neck's looking good and i just got my little car back from the body shop! woo!

now, i just need to finish that one comic, get my new 17" monitor for christmas, redeisgn my website and keep updating the comics and i'll be good to go.

i do appolgize, but it seems to me, not to be callous, but you've heard it all before. it's time for me to deliver the comics as promised.

now, i did get swamped with the holiday in addition to getting in a accident, but i'm right as rain now and almost done with the old christmas shopping. 8^) but after looking at that monitor at work all day, the last thing i want to do is check my e-mail and stuff. i cant' really do that at work since i got in trouble for it. 8^(P

so bear with me, still.
yes, i know i'm asking alot, but i don't plan on giving up on my comic anytime soon.

btw-josh, it's good to see that you're gonna be in the second keenspace book. 8^D

shameless plug! my boyfriend's finally done it.
he's officially got his comic right where he wants it and is starting it instead of just posted character sketches.
http://inshiningarmor.keenspace.com
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Postby Skane on Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:45 am

A season for all.
Skane
Regular Poster

Return to Blue Canary