Punny.

Punny.

Postby Skane on Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:27 pm

She does realise that "I bite" can also mean "I suck"? Er... what I mean is... it is a belittling term. ;) As in, she is lousy. Heh. Double-layered puns.
Skane
Regular Poster

Postby Bluecanary on Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:23 pm

actually that statement is literal. lol :lol:

i'll explain.
nikki the fledgling is based on my friend, nikki white (no relation.)
she's one of those interesting characters you meet in life.
never know what she'll say or do next.

i'll get jo in here to explain that little story. she tells if far better than i.
take it away, jo!
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Hi, I'm Nikki... I bite!

Postby Jo-chan on Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:49 am

First, an introduction to the cast...

Nikki: Completely random, silly girl with a strange sense of humor. She fits right in with the rest of us.

Derek: Musical, German-speaking, golf-playing friend of my sister. He'd be perfect if he weren't such a chauvenist know-it-all. You can't tell him; he has to find out for himself.

And now, to set the scene...

We (my entire family) were loading up the truck to move my sister to college. She had a few of her friends over to help, and I had invited a few of mine. Two girls from choir, Kortney & Nikki were going to be out and about, and said they'd at least stop by to say 'Hi' to everyone ('we'll be moral support... yeah.. yeah... ;)')

Kort and Nikki finally get there about the time we're all taking our first break. Neither of them had been over to the house before, so they hadn't met my parents yet. I introduced them first, and then made the rounds of Becca's friends. So, we get to Derek...

"Hi, I'm Nikki... I bite." [This was completely random; she'd never said it before. I asked.]

"Oh yeah? Bet you don't." And he stuck his arm out. And she bit it. And he had the audacity to look surprised.

After a bit of conversation and a bit more laughter, Kort and Nik depart to dine in the land-o-cafeteria. When they come back an hour and a half later, Derek has a welt on his arm in the shape of Nikki's teeth.

Needless to say, every time he complained about it, I got a great deal out of enjoyment reminding Derek that he had been warned... *evil grin*
Jo-chan

Return to Blue Canary