yeah i know...

yeah i know...

Postby Bluecanary on Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:22 pm

sometimes you just have a hard time drawing a comic.
the lines aren't in the right spot or the poses are too stiff.
it's very frustrating when the image in your head doesn't transfer onto paper.

i usually joke and say the characters are behaving like tempermental actors, throwning a fit and stomping off to their trailers. well, guess what they did tonight. :roll:

however, i got a good chunk of the comic completed before they did this.
it's not ready for thursday, but i'll try to get it online for friday.
sorry about this.
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Re: yeah i know...

Postby Dr. Belch on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:23 pm

It's the same with being a writer. There are some days where I can't write a paragraph that doesn't come out feeling wooden and wrong. Usually getting away from the computer and taking a good walk for a few hours clears my head. Sometimes out in the woods I see something that begs to be written. A few months ago I was trying to come up with a story idea and...nothing. I hit the backroads. I came upon this great old house just out in the middle of nowhere. And I'm like, "Okay, suppose this place was built over a hundred years ago by a Confederate general for to stash his mistress? Or a bootlegger in the 1920's for to...uh...stash his mistress?". Another time I was over in the ritzy neighborhood by my house, and this kid came up to me and tried to sell me a sack of marbles. :o Seriously. Two completely unrelated events; I put them together. A week or so later I had the first couple chapters of a novel written.

You say your characters are tempermental actors? Mine are drunken brawlers who are apt to tear the joint up if the jukebox craps out in the middle of a Reba song, and you have to keep one hand on the sawed-off under the counter at all times just in case....
"All the friends I ever had are gone."--Bob Dylan, "Delia", World Gone Wrong, 1993.
Dr. Belch

Return to Blue Canary