Attack of the Clones vs. Spider Man

Attack of the Clones vs. Spider Man

Postby Glen on Tue May 28, 2002 1:25 pm

Attack of the Clones vs. Spider Man - which was better?

Spidey ran away with the box office, but that doesn't always indicate which was truly the best. So, I'm turning to the one group of people who I know have good discerning and impeccable taste: my fellow Blue Canary Buddies!

So, which one wins?

Blazing Blasters vs. Wicked Web! :o 'Oh My!'

Foretelling Force vs. Spidey Sense! :P 'Oh Dear!'

Jaded Jango vs. Green Goblin! :evil: 'Oh No!'

Master Ben vs. Uncle Ben! :-? 'Oh, um, OK?'

Pretentious Padme vs. Misguided Mary Jane? :roll: 'Oooh Yeah!'

I want to know where we stand! Who's on top, your friendly neighborhood Web Head or your soon-to-be-dark-lord-of-the-Sith!

Of course, if I was Darth Anybody, I'd personally be watching my back for Odile..

Hmmm... Jar Jar Binks vs. Amelia Peach... No, no, it's best they never meet. A movie with both of them would fracture my sanity.
Glen

Postby Skane on Tue May 28, 2002 10:19 pm

Hard to decide... Spider-Man is faithful and really tugs at your heart, while AotC has what has to be the best fight scene in a SW episode and has a lot of foreshadowing, but the romance portion of it makes me want to puke( too sappy).
Skane
Regular Poster

Yes, tough decision

Postby Glen on Wed May 29, 2002 6:06 am

Heya, Skane! Good to see ya back! Then again, I guess I've been gone for a long time myself...

I'm in agreement with you. Spider-Man was refreshingly true to the original story (it would take a real purist to have a problem with the differences) while SW had the coolest battles I've ever seen in a Star Wars movie.

I think the whole romance thing could have been handled differently, and had the potential to be a nice addition to the story - but as it was it just stunk. At least it was brief and didn't get in the way of the action too often.
Glen

Re: Attack of the Clones vs. Spider Man

Postby Bluecanary on Thu May 30, 2002 6:51 am

[quote
Hmmm... Jar Jar Binks vs. Amelia Peach... No, no, it's best they never meet. A movie with both of them would fracture my sanity.[/quote]

ick!
:P
ken!
i can't believe you compared those two.
amelia is nowhere near as annoying as jar jar!
:wink:
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Return to Blue Canary