Hmmmm... Return of the Serpent?

Hmmmm... Return of the Serpent?

Postby Skane on Tue May 28, 2002 6:51 am

I am back! ;) After several months of no home connection, I finally managed to purchase a modem. Unfortunately, in the process of installing it, my video card croaked and died, so I am viewing the monitor in 16 colours.

True, I had access to my school computers and their internet connections, but time was tight and I had to sacrifice daily reading of most of my comics save about four.

I saw you posting in the CRFH!!! Forum, so I decided to catch up on Blue Canary today. I still got more than half my list of comics to catch up with, ack! How were the examinations?

PS: I had a good laugh at your Web Cartoonist Awareness strip.

PPS: You still owe me an artwork, but take your time. ;)

PPPS: Some of the button images in the archives are broken. Might want to consider fixing them.
Skane
Regular Poster

woo hoo! skane's back!

Postby Bluecanary on Thu May 30, 2002 6:44 am

jumps for joy* yay! skane's back! woo hoo!

poor skane! sorry about your computer.
i'm glad you're back, though. :D

i still have catching up to do in of my usual daily reads myself...
there are still many i haven't picked back up after the christmas break and it's almost june. (sad, ain't it?)

speaking of june, i will be 25 in a few of days. man, i'm getting old.

exam? you mean finals?
well they went well and then i graduated.
actually that semester they did things backward.
i graduated then completed my finals.
ah, the joys of living in the most backward state in the union. 8^)

now, i'm doing the 9 to 5 thing and trying to get my comic to a regular schedule once more. i'm not succeeding but i'm trying.
ain't giving up, neither. 8^)P
i'm also working on ideas for a previous comic strip that i will one day start working on again.

i'm glad you like the WCA comic. but then, most guys would like girls in bikini's.
i know my boyfriend liked the comic... :wink:

i do still owe you art.
i have not forgotten, in fact, it is complete.
so one question remains:
which would you rather have,
a portrait of odile or amelia(with ferdinand)?

these images are watercolor washed, like the group shot on the main page. 8^)
i'm thinking abbout scanning them and using them for t-shirts, maybe. but you would have the original of whichever one you chose. :)

lots of things in the archives are broken. heck, i can't seem to get the new background of dots to show up there. i may have to recreate the page from scratch. :-?
at least the comic shows up and the navigation buttons to the next comic work. good old keen tags.
oy, another thing to add to my "when i have time" list.
thank you for the reminder, though.

ok, i have to get back to work. i'm on a deadline.
good to see you again, skane. :wink:
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Sigh... ...

Postby Skane on Sun Jun 09, 2002 7:38 pm

:cry:

Ack... sorry for the long, long delay in replying. First the Keenspace Forums got put down for repairs, then when I tried to replace my video card, my computer went bonkers.

Got back my computer on-line, now trying to fix the video settings as I type this, but I thought I should reply first, in case I run into any further problems.

Without further ado, I paste in my reply from last week.
Heh, I am glad to be back too. :)

I will getting my computer repaired this weekend, probably have to buy a new video card. In the meantime, I am surfing on 16 colours. Thank goodness for Ctrl+A, or I will go blind trying to read the text in these new forums.

I 'lost' my home connection on the 20th of Dec, and it has only been recently that I have resumed trying to read all the webcomics I used to. The lack of videocard has delayed me further, since it means weird looking comicstrips if they are coloured. So you are not the only one. ;)

How do you graduate before completing the finals?
Skane
Regular Poster

Postby Bluecanary on Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:26 am

sorry to hear about your computer!
at least it's working now! :D

don't worry about not having read in awhile. that's ok. what's important is that you're back. 8^) yay! skane's back!

it's a token graduation.
they give you the diploma cover with a letter from the alumni association inside.
later, they mail you the diploma if you pass the finals.
very weird but that's my home state for you. :o

i understand about the second comic. it will be some time before i get it up and going. right now it's in idea stage, so don't worry. i don't plan on overworking myself yet. :D

amelia it is. i'll try to get that out to you. i believe i have you address buried in my e-mail. i'll try to find that and the drawing. 8^)

so, what did you think of the comic-con pages sneak peak?
that is the first time i've drawn the girls in chibi style.
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Heh...

Postby Skane on Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:48 am

I was not thinking of the chibi style really, my first impression was that they were really cute halflings. ;) Must have watched too much LotR and played too much AD&D. :o
Skane
Regular Poster

Postby Bluecanary on Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:27 am

ah, LotR...
such a wonderful book.

i think i might read it for the 10th time once i get the next comic up...
either that or re-read the silmarillion.
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Return to Blue Canary