Only YOU can prevent a cluttered main page.

Postby Bluecanary on Mon Mar 19, 2001 12:37 pm

ok i'm asking for advice here.<P>i think the main page is at a point where if i want to add more in the future-it will be too cluttered. if it's too cluttered it distracts fromt he comic and may take longer to load.<P>i may start a seperate news page to help in this.<P>and i think i have enough dropdowns on the page. one more would be too much.<P>so let me know what you think! i want this to be easy on the eyes for ya.
thanks!
-kathryn
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Postby Flux on Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:15 am

I think the page looks quite ok. Loads fast and you've got all the important stuff above the fold (menu, add banner, comic), well at least at 1024x768. <P>Only thing that does give a bit of a cluttered look are the dropdowns. Perhaps you could put them more together. <P>Now for the important stuff, the comic looks great, great art, cool jokes. I wanna see more, give us more!!! :-)<P>Gijs
<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.gwtp.net" TARGET=_blank>Get with program</A>
Flux
Regular Poster

Postby Nether on Tue Mar 20, 2001 4:51 am

I personally find your main page to be as close to perfect as any I've ever seen. Although I'm not especially worried about load times (I have a cable modem), there is beauty in simplicity. The pleasent set up you have perfectly suits your comic.<P>That having been said, a link to a news section wouldn't be that bad, as long as the additions don't get out of hand.<P>BTW, I LOVE your comic. I started reading because I saw your fan-art in Alice, and I keep reading because it's just plain fun. Keep up the good work.
Nether

Postby Bluecanary on Tue Mar 20, 2001 9:27 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flux:
<B>I think the page looks quite ok. Loads fast and you've got all the important stuff above the fold (menu, add banner, comic), well at least at 1024x768. <P>Only thing that does give a bit of a cluttered look are the dropdowns. Perhaps you could put them more together. <P>Now for the important stuff, the comic looks great, great art, cool jokes. I wanna see more, give us more!!! :-)
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
oh, good. i get worried about the design at times. i'm graphic design major is i get paranoid to whether my stuff gets cluttered or not(but oddly i have not worried about it on my comic...hmmm.)<P>not for sure where else to put the dropdowns, but i'll take the suggestions for a ride ans see where i go with it. 8^) thanks.<P>there will be more! i have enough comics loaded on keen* server to update until june 1, and i'm working on the ones after that.
i'm glad you like it. that means i'm doing my job right!<P>-kathryn<P>
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Postby Bluecanary on Tue Mar 20, 2001 9:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nether:
<B>I personally find your main page to be as close to perfect as any I've ever seen. Although I'm not especially worried about load times (I have a cable modem), there is beauty in simplicity. The pleasent set up you have perfectly suits your comic.<P>That having been said, a link to a news section wouldn't be that bad, as long as the additions don't get out of hand.<P>BTW, I LOVE your comic. I started reading because I saw your fan-art in Alice, and I keep reading because it's just plain fun. Keep up the good work. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
*blushes* i'm flattered! always nice to hear that a design is "perfect."<P>i am toying around with a news page...if it meets my expectations, then i'll load it up to the server and post links. for now-it's still a "work in progress".<P>thanks! doing that fan-art was fun and one of the best things i could do for my comic as well. i love alice! it reminds me of little nemo, in some ways.<P>don't worry-now that i have found what i truly want to do i intend to keep up with the work. 8^)
thanks for the comments!
-kathryn<P>
Bluecanary
Regular Poster

Return to Blue Canary