Life Update

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:40 am

It wasn't too long ago that I posted a topic regarding the state of affairs in my life. Well, I'm happy to report that after over 2 months of unemployment I'm beginning to see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. In late Decemeber I rejoined the full-time working community as a member of the Osceola County IT Department team. I'll be busting my ass, working full-time again and perhaps here and there jotting down ideas on where to go with Barclay. Maybe one day once I get my house in order it'll resume some kind of publishing schedule. Until then.<P>------------------
rickZ
Mystery Men, Cyborgs, Divine Demon Slayers, Parallel Realities and Multiversal Chaos -
You've been reading <A HREF="http://barclayusa.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Barclay, U.S.A.</A><P>"Egg!?!"
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

hid

Postby Satchel on Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:29 pm

Sounds like a high-dollar gig, working in an IT department. When people say they
Satchel
Regular Poster

Damn- a response...

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:54 am

Wow. Never thought I'd see somebody post in this forum anytime soon. Well, so far so good. Things are still going well. Much better than this time last year. I'm due for my one year review. Working in the IT Department is pretty nice. I do get paid decently, but remember, it's government (local gov. at that) so it's definitely not a killing. In the last year I've picked up quite a bit when it comes to web development. My skillset used to br primarily of a graphic and fine art bent- but in the year I've been working here I have picked up quite a bit of ColdFusion and learned some PHP as well. Keep an eye out for a new Barclay site design (if I can get the KeenLords to grant me either PHP or SSI) that will hopefully quicken up the load time and streamline the site. From there... who knows. I've thought about penning some more Barclay stuff. Gotten an idea here and there. Maybe in the coming year I'll stop being so apathetic and do something.

PS: Thanks for writing. As one of the underlooked originals (by original I mean first 25 comics) I really do appreciate any bones thrown my way, as long as they're not at my eyes. :D
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

Return to Barclay, U.S.A.