Lost KeenSpacers...

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Sun Nov 04, 2001 1:25 am

Hi all. For those of you who might not remember me, my name is rickZ- and I'm a lost KeenSpacer. You know, I never thought it would happen. The furthest thought in my mind when I began Barclay well over a year ago was discontiniung it. But, on April 25, 2001 that's exactly what I did. In a way it was less of a decision to flat out quit Barclay and more of a growing apathy towards things that used to interest me. I suppose that describes depression. I hoped that things would get better, that elements in my life would pull themselves together and once again I'd find the ambition to put out my story for everybody to read. That never happened. I became one of the lost KeenSpacers; those cartoonists who for one reason or another disappeared from the boards and the updated list. <P>Well, I wish I could say that things have gotten better. However, they haven't. The shit really hit the fan on October 9, 2001 when I was laid off. Now, unemployed for nearly a month, I have even less drive and amibition for the things that I love in life. Self-survival has taken precedence over everything else in life- yet the anxiety and depression are still there. I can feel it breathing down my neck like a beast that stalks its prey- unseen yet ever-present. This post wasn't meant to be a sob story so please don't take it as such. It's simply a catch-up post for those that might've wondered what became of me. <P>One more item to note, anybody who has read Barclay, USA up to the April 25 comic/narrative knows that it ended without a bang and without a whimper. It simply stopped. The other day, in a fit of inspiration, I managed to write and decent ending to the current story giving it some semblance of closure. It's also ambiguous enough that it provides an opening for further adventures if I manage to straighten out my personal and professional life someday. I didn't see fit to draw anything to go with the text so please forgive me for that. If anybody is interested the closure segment will post tomorrow, November 5, 2001.<P>If anybody feels like keeping in touch with me, my AIM is "kylner" and my email addy is "rickzki@red-tricycle.com". Take care everybody and if you don't hear from me have a wonderful holiday season with your family and loved ones.<P>------------------
rickZ
Mystery Men, Cyborgs, Divine Demon Slayers, Parallel Realities and Multiversal Chaos -
You've been reading <A HREF="http://barclayusa.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Barclay, U.S.A.</A><P>"Egg!?!"
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Mon Nov 05, 2001 5:30 am

I should've figured that this would happen. Three things in life are certain- death, taxes, and late KeenSpace updates. I'm currently 1075 in the que so please be patient. The aforementioned update will post soon.<P>------------------
rickZ
Mystery Men, Cyborgs, Divine Demon Slayers, Parallel Realities and Multiversal Chaos -
You've been reading <A HREF="http://barclayusa.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Barclay, U.S.A.</A><P>"Egg!?!"
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

Return to Barclay, U.S.A.