Depression

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Mon Feb 12, 2001 7:59 am

it's happened. i didn't think it would. i thought i was strong enough. i'm not. depression has sunk its ugly claws into my hide and locked out my ability to follow through with my creative desires. i know precisely what's causing it. work. a dead end job with no future is causing my skill set to degrade. home. i'd prefer not to go in depth on that topic. those two environmental stress factors make me just want to lay in bed and sleep. i haven't given in to that urge. yet, at the same time i can't seem to get my ass in gear and write for my comic. i have so many ideas and yet i just can't seem to pick up a pencil and write. fuck. i guess it's the torture of being one of those creative types. we, as a group, seem to suffer the most mental anguish compared to the rest of the working world. crazy, no?<P>------------------
Rick Zawadzki
<A HREF="http://barclayusa.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Barclay, U.S.A.</A> - Mediocrity at its finest!<P>"Egg!?!"
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

Postby Ilya Olenskaya on Tue Feb 20, 2001 2:46 am

Depression and creative people.<P>Part one: Why.<P>It happens because the same thing that allows creation also allows for ponderance of the trials and tribulations of life.<P>Keep a stiff upper lip.<P>-IO
Out of the cabin perhaps.
Ilya Olenskaya
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 54 on Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:35 am

thanks for the supprt Illya. i've been working on keepin it together. things are looking a little better although my lead time has been cut drastically short. i'm up on the story, but behind on the illustrations. oh well. as always i'll get it done. <P>------------------
Rick Zawadzki
<A HREF="http://barclayusa.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Barclay, U.S.A.</A> - Mediocrity at its finest!<P>"Egg!?!"
ZOMBIE USER 54
Regular Poster

Postby Ilya Olenskaya on Wed Feb 21, 2001 2:11 am

It's the least I could do.<P>Seriously, a few words of encouragement are inexpensive and worth a great deal.<P>Too bad a majority of the people out there just don't seem to realise this.<P>-IO
Human by birth, Pharaoh by dellusion.
Ilya Olenskaya
Regular Poster

Return to Barclay, U.S.A.