Suffering from angst?

Postby Andrick on Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:54 pm

Depressed and stressed out? Try this instead of suicide.
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby D.O.P.R on Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:06 pm

Unfortunatly many people feel alone in their pain. I have no right to say that their grief is not justified, only that they would be mistaken, and indeed, selfish to belive that their grief is any more devistating than anyone elses.
I've attempted suicide in the past, and I know I am not the only person who has done so. What prevented me was the knowledge that to do so would hurt the few friends, and family I had at the time.
Everyone feels like dieing; It is the nature of our environment. But, before making the desision to end your life, find a justifyable reason for doing so. And how to justify it, too the ones who love you.
>(wipes tears from eyes)<
---feel the melodrama---
"For the color of life is the idealism of free thought, and passion"-D.O.P.R
"S'cuse me while I kiss the sky"-Jimi Hendrix
D.O.P.R

Postby Sins' Apprentice on Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:24 pm

You see a world filled with beauty. You see a life filled with possibilities. You see someone trying to brainwash you with "good" thoughts. If I wanted to feel anxious, cheated, and decieved, I'd join a church.
Sins' Apprentice
Regular Poster

Postby D.O.P.R on Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:27 pm

Ouch
"For the color of life is the idealism of free thought, and passion"-D.O.P.R
"S'cuse me while I kiss the sky"-Jimi Hendrix
D.O.P.R

Postby Garoshy on Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:42 pm

The flash was too long for me to bother watch it....
Garoshy
Regular Poster

Postby Jaeger on Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:34 pm

Yes everyone has right to grief, but right to grief means that grief should be worked on. In situations when someone close dies that work lasts couple of years, but if you don
Jaeger
Regular Poster

Postby Striker on Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:55 am

After watching that I feel more 'down' than before.

The trouble is...it says 'this is your life'. But it's not the one I wanted, not the one I was made for, I know that much. I'd love to go and complain to somebody in charge about that. And it's not as if I could do anything to get my kind of life. Not in this universe. There's no magic here.
In the end, I know I'll have to put up with it. I know that some parts of it are rather nice, and that I'll probably end up enjoying those parts to some extent. But I also know that it will never, ever be what I want it to be. And a 'motivational' piece like this one only rubs that in deeper.

I'm not depressive. I'm not, by any means, suicidal. But I'm not happy either.
Striker
Regular Poster

Postby Jaeger on Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:32 am

Yeah, i think thats one way to view that animation. I think it
Jaeger
Regular Poster

Postby Arcaton on Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:19 am

When life sucks, it sucks indeed and you can't just snap out of it.......
I find crying (preferably on my own so I can cry it out without answering any damnfool questions as to why) helps. Sooner or later you have to stop crying because your tears dry...then, at the bottom, you get a chance to think clearly.
If you're not allergic to cats, then they can help - they seem to know when you need somebody nearby, and its hard to feel lonely with a purry furry on hand. And they won't let you ignore them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcaton on 2002-04-19 05:19 ]</font>
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Postby Striker on Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:38 am

Don't get me started on cats.

I love cats. I see something in them that I find in no other animal. A cat (and you never own a cat. You can own a dog, a bird, a gerbil...never a cat. A cat is very much its own animal) would be one of the dreams I have for my life. There's something there that somehow...complements my own personality. A sort of serenity that I desperately need.

However, I am allergic to pretty much everything and I am also asthmatic. An allergic reaction wouldn't simply be annoying for me. It could easily become life-threatening.

So I have to live without a cat. And it's another bit of emptiness.
Striker
Regular Poster

Postby Gen.Talon on Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:48 am

Intresting little flash animation there. (Don't know if there is any music to it. no sound at work)
Anyway. The animation can go both ways on ones emotion. Good or bad. Now I aint any therapist or anything..so i'll stop now..
and to lightin the mood and add a bit of humor. This should make you all feel better. :wink:
http://www.despair.com/pesvis1.html
In The Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Gen.Talon
Regular Poster

Postby DarkBlood_Warwing on Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:05 am

On 2002-04-19 01:55, Striker wrote:
After watching that I feel more 'down' than before.

ditto, seesh, such sentimental tripe, remids me of those wacky Jack Chick comics, -they- don't know me, they don't know how I feel
that movie is only for lemmings who are all the same and have near everything, their cliques and lovers and full emotions, who were never picked on and only try to blow there brains out because mommy said they could't dress like a penny hooker to great grand ma's funeral.

*snorts*

oh and my reason for living is to collect followers and fix religons and make a new one
I'm ya shadow savior, alone and pained, escaping death (shorta) and hated, igonored
rawwwwaea join me >:P
DarkBlood_Warwing
Regular Poster

Postby Mikaiten on Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:14 am

That was long, rather boring, and totally unhelpful. The pictures were pretty, but I can go see those at Webshots. The entire time I was watching it I had this image in my head of my ex trying to convert me to his religion.

"God is all around us, look at all the beauty."
"Mr. and Mrs. Paper this... Mr. and Mrs. Paper that..."

Hehehe, one of these days I'm going to have to post the Paper speech. I know my friends though it was damned funny. It always makes me laugh :smile:
Mika

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/sarcasta_bitch">My Livejournal</a>
<a href="http://www.side7.com/art/mandjudd/gallery.html">My Artwork</a>
Mikaiten
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:40 am

*checks the forum dipstick then wipes off the excess fluid*

Way too much 'dark' fluid; people need to lighten up around here. Did I wander into the World of Darkness board by mistake? Nope. It says "Jack" at the top. But this reading is three full quarts of angst passed the 'Grim, Gallows Humor' level.

Something must be done about this. Where's BC when you need him? In the meantime, perhaps the world's worst music video will inspire *gasp* mirth. And "yes" it is a complete waste of time. But last I checked, you are reading messages posted by strangers on a bulletin board for fans of an online comic strip. What's two minutes going to hurt?

And it has enough action to keep you ADD victims happy. :razz:
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mikaiten on Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:04 am

On 2002-04-19 07:40, Andrick wrote:
people need to lighten up around here.

Light? **looks around at accumulated cute, bright and happy things in the room** Erm, I thought I was being light :razz:

*hugs everyone who posted in this thread*

Yup... that's light :smile:
Mika

Mikaiten
Regular Poster

Postby Mikaiten on Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:08 am

On 2002-04-19 07:40, Andrick wrote:
people need to lighten up around here.

Light? **looks around at accumulated cute, bright and happy things in the room** Erm, I thought I was being light :razz:

*hugs everyone who posted in this thread*

Yup... that's light :smile:
Mika

Mikaiten
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:17 am

I sit corrected. Perhaps I shoulda' said "some"? Yeah, that's the ticket!
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Gen.Talon on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:02 am

I think everyone needs a good hug once in a while. :smile: It really can make one feel better.
In The Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Gen.Talon
Regular Poster

Postby Mikaiten on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:15 am

And now I present to you.... <b>THE MR. & MRS. PAPER STORY!!!</B>

** this was a little motivational talk I got from my ex, Danny. He goes to a Baptist Church. When I was with him he wanted me to go as well. I went, but I never believed. Still don't believe really. I tend to hold to the "Stigmata" theory, that God (or whatever) is all around us and that we shouldn't have to go to a church to converse with yonder almighty. If I felt like it I could have a chat with God (basically me talking to myself) right here in my chair.

I know that they say that people go to church so that they can understand the Bible, or whatever religious text they read. But I think that if you actually take the time to read the thing, and take it in your own way, then you can't be any more wrong then some guy who was taught by some other guy, etc. We shouldn't have to be told what to think... we should just think it ourselves. I may have missed the whole "free will" thing, but I thought that we were given free will so that we could make our own decisions.

Anyway, on to the Mr. & Mrs. Paper Story. I'll be adding in some of the comments I made that day, just to give you an idea of how willing I was to be converted**

It all started on afternoon when Danny was trying to get to me go to church with him on Sunday. I asked him why I should go, and he said because I would get to commune with God or some such thing. I told him "I don't believe in God. He's never done anything to prove himself to me, so why should I believe? I don't understand God because I have never seen God."

So Danny get's all high and mighty and begins the Mr. & Mrs. Paper shpeel.

"No one sees God in the same way. Here, let me try to explain. Imagine that you and I are these pieces of paper, Mr. & Mrs. Paper."

"oooo... we're married now? Cool!!!"

"No... just let me say this. Try to pay attention"

"okay *grins*"

"Now say I'm God."

"okay, you're God. But wait, does that mean I have to worship you?"

"you're making this really hard"

"hehehe, sorry. Continue please, oh divine one *snicker*"

"*sigh* Okay so I'm God. Now when I put my finger on Mr. Paper, because he is only 2 dimensional, he only sees a circle."

"okay I understand... so God is a circle. But then wouldn't we all look like circles?"

"Will you stop joking around???"

"(L) Okay okay, I'll stop.........Whatever you wish, oh Great One. *snicker*"
**** just on a side note, I say stuff like that to my friends all the time when they start getting all high and mighty. I once spent 15 minutes being a "submissive little girl" for Koi because he told me to stop doing something****

"Urg, okay... so I put my finger here on Mr. Paper and..."

"You poked his eye out!!! You're an evil evil God!!!"

"So I put my finger here and all he sees is a circle. But if I put 2 fingers on Mrs. Paper..."

"hehehe, you're fingering Mrs. Paper. I don't think Mr. Paper would like that."

"ARG! So I put 2 fingers on Mrs. Paper, and she sees me, God, as 2 circles. I have more dimensions than either Mr. or Mrs. Paper, so each of them only sees part of me, but never the whole thing. That's why you don't understand God the way I do. It's because you are seeing 2 circles, and I am seeing one."

** Now this is a great way to explain why we all see God in a different way. It just doesn't work on someone who doesn't believe in God in the first place, and who has a sarcastic sense of humour.**
Mika

Mikaiten
Regular Poster

Postby Arcaton on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:27 am

You.....are ....evil.....:lol:
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Jack