What is in the mirror?

Postby Gen.Talon on Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:59 am

I have no idea what could be behind that mirror. Perhaps it might bring some awful memory to the fur who is going to look into it. Who knows. Can't wait and see. :wink:
In The Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Gen.Talon
Regular Poster

Postby Loopster on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:11 am

true
Loopster

Postby Andrick on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:15 am

What is deaf, dumb and blind but always tells the truth?

Why can't it just show her? One last look before... well, that's jumping the gun. I'm willing to wait to see what plays out. After all, what do we know about what is going on? Three panels on one page with no dialogue; not exactly a whole lot to go on.

Patience...
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Loopster on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:19 am

*blinks*

your right..ah well..tommarow we will see..yay
Loopster

Postby Michael Ezaiany on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:51 am

Welcome to the forum, Loopster!
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

-Official Greeter for the Jack Forum
Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster

Postby Loopster on Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:01 am

Thanks *Bouncies and tailwags*
Loopster

Postby DeByrus on Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:53 am

I don't think its the mirror so much as the room itself. The mirror seems to be the least threatining object in that room.

Hey -- if Kain is Envy and that robed fellow is Pride, who the hell (bad pun) is Sloth? And why is Kain automatically Envy? Did I miss something in the archives? It would seem to me that Kain fits the description of Sloth more than Envy, but that's just me.
True terror is waking up and realizing that your high school class is running the country.
DeByrus
Regular Poster

Postby DarkBlood_Warwing on Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:57 am

Kain is envy from those bible faerie tails, because God liked his brother much much more and God liked ables pressent's much much more so Kain got miffed and wacked his brother.

so It's god's falut from bringing envy into the world, if he had treated them better than nothing would go bad.
every thing would be better if Adam and Eve ate from the Bush of Stupidity
DarkBlood_Warwing
Regular Poster

Postby DeByrus on Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:57 am

You know, that's another thing -- what with all that has been done with heaven and hell, there has been little mention of God and none of Satan. Since Satan is an angel, he must be around somewhere.......
True terror is waking up and realizing that your high school class is running the country.
DeByrus
Regular Poster

Postby Loopster on Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:20 am

OHH I KNOW!! The Mirrior Shows the hell form of the room, the house and the area around. its a reflection!! thats why its been turned backwords and put to a wall. it the Hell vertion of the place!!
Loopster

Postby Merlark on Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:45 pm

I think it will be me, telling her she has got to do some furnishing in this place, its falling apart and the rent is due next week. I mean i know its hell but a comfertable couch or a throw pillow...sheesh...talk about your fixer-upers. :smile:

i like the last sugestion but i don't know, i'm sorta seeing a broken mirror in a messed up broken room that hurts my eye's. actauly i'm thinking its not very likely that she'll be getting a magic mirror where drip or jack is chilling in, i mean...they are sins, they usualy choose a more dramitic, "you where exspecting jone of ark perhaps?" kinda appearence rather then. "Boo!"

every living thing is born with fear, but us...we are born with the notion of terror which goes well and beyond fear.

the title of this chapter though is "the mark has been made"

by the look on her face, i would say something shocking and unexspected is seen. LOL
Merlark -
"Where are all the scooby snacks!?"
Merlark
Regular Poster

Postby Arcaton on Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:58 pm

Satan is a FALLEN angel.........not even wing stumps......
and how could anyone depict God without causing major theological flame wars? (lets ignore "Fat Jesus" OK?)
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Postby DeByrus on Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:00 pm

I'm starting to think that the reason this comic is tri-weekly is that David posts a comic, then lurks around the boards to get ideas for the next one.
DeByrus
Regular Poster

Postby DeByrus on Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:05 pm

Hey, there's nothing that say you have to SHOW a character to have them be a part. Kain so far has only been shown as a dark shadow -- why can't God be depicted as a similar thing?

Besides, this is the Jack forum. If no one has been offened by now, no one is ever going to be.
DeByrus
Regular Poster

Postby Striker on Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:05 pm

About the god thing...I had a dream a while back of Jack (only the perspective shifted halfway through, and it was me who did it...you know how dreams are) finally going ape-shit, charging heaven, throwing open the gates and looking in...to see an empty throne. And then...he (I) started laughing. Just laughing. And saying: 'I get it now.'

Conclusion: No more Jack before bedtime.
Striker
Regular Poster

Postby DeByrus on Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:08 pm

LOL!

Sounds like Jack has taught SOMEONE a lesson, albiet a small one.
DeByrus
Regular Poster

Postby Arcaton on Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:09 pm

Can't do that and have them ready for upload on time.......I read somewhere that webartists will often go for a month's strips "in hand" to allow some slack else they fold under the strain.
Mind you one can cut strips out.....I still liked our little Gothbunny's resurgence
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Postby Arcaton on Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:27 pm

Damn, I must "quote" the one I reply to
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Postby Silverblue on Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:10 pm

On 2002-04-16 14:00, DeByrus wrote:
I'm starting to think that the reason this comic is tri-weekly is that David posts a comic, then lurks around the boards to get ideas for the next one.

I think his head would explode if he did that :smile: It takes a fair while to draw something that complex, at least several hours. There's pencilling, lettering, inking, then finally the Keenspace Challenge where you recite dark incantations in the hope you'll stay connected long enough to upload.

Being stuck on a schedule of _having_ to work the night before a release would be a pain in the neck. It's probably tri-weekly because he couldn't do more unless he cut something else out of his life.
Silverblue
Regular Poster

Postby Aar0n on Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:14 pm

Lot of artists draw their comics over a series of many hours the day before it's due. Dave does his weeks in advance. An irregularity, as far as I can tell.
Aar0n

PreviousNext

Return to Jack