What is in the mirror?

Postby Ovalescent on Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:21 pm

On 2002-04-16 13:58, Arcaton wrote:
how could anyone depict God without causing major theological flame wars? (lets ignore "Fat Jesus" OK?)

Duh, anybody could draw God if they wanted to, he looks just like George Burns.
The main problems facing the world today are too many babies and not enough food. I think the solution is obvious.
Ovalescent
Regular Poster

Postby TroyK on Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:27 pm

On 2002-04-16 14:05, Striker wrote:
About the god thing...I had a dream a while back of Jack (only the perspective shifted halfway through, and it was me who did it...you know how dreams are) finally going ape-shit, charging heaven, throwing open the gates and looking in...to see an empty throne. And then...he (I) started laughing. Just laughing. And saying: 'I get it now.'

Conclusion: No more Jack before bedtime.

If I recall my history correctly, the Roman general who conquered Judea in the 1st century B.C. demanded to enter the Holy of Holies in the Temple in Jerusalem. After killing quite a number of priests, Levites, and other Jews who objected this blasphemy, he made his way inside and found...nothing. He wrote back to Rome expressing his amazement that the Jews worship an empty room.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions from that.
Troy K.

"True justice can only be achieved through cool, calm, levelheaded armageddon."
TroyK

Postby DeByrus on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:09 pm

Maybe Striker is the new messiah.

Oh, shit. We're all doomed.

*runs around screaming*
The end of the world is here! The end of the world is here! The end of the world is here!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DeByrus on 2002-04-16 17:10 ]</font>
DeByrus
Regular Poster

Postby Demawox on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:26 pm

Would you leave the greatest physical piece of your religion in such an obvious place? I can't remember for sure, but I believe that was after the Arc had already dissappeared.
I remember now. I remember how it started.
I can't remember yesterday, I just remember doing... what they told me...
Demawox
Regular Poster

Postby Demawox on Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:30 pm

If not, its possible that the Arc was buried UNDER the room. The Holy of Hollies was kept in complete darkness all the time, so it would be for the most part easy to hide the room's lack of content.
I remember now. I remember how it started.
I can't remember yesterday, I just remember doing... what they told me...
Demawox
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:20 am

And here I thought the arc was supposed to have ground on Mt. Arrarat. :razz:

Lo and behold, a mirror! Old smudges in the shape of a word! And the lady in question taking one last look at herself. Then a shadow appears behind her.

Image Funny... that's a look of pity.
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Thaily on Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:28 am

I know David's already finished this arc, so I don't think he gets his idea's from the board. :razz:

Personally I think it'll have to do something with pride/vanity, I mean, look at the way she's preening?
If it's not a sin, then who managed to get into her house? Assuming it's hers.
Thaily
Regular Poster

Postby Gaeron on Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:28 am

We've never seen pride before. The robed/shadowy figure was envy both times. It was Kane.

And, just so you know. It's spelled Cain, not Kain (the guy in the Bible) and God didn't accept his sacrifice because of Cain's pride, and Cain thought he could do it on his own works (tilling a field, keeping the crops growing, fertilizing, irrigating, gathering, then sacrificing) as compared to Abel, who only watched the sheep.
Gaeron

Postby Michael Ezaiany on Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:13 am

Welcome to the forum, Aar0n!

That dark figure in the reflection reminds me of Jack.
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

-Official Greeter for the Jack Forum
Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster

Postby Arcaton on Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:20 am

Cain/Abel... Cain sacrificed crops instead of Abel who sacrificed the traditional livestock. Abel got approval rather than Cain, so Cain did him in.......
I suppose that implies that God is a carnivore?
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Postby Onissarle on Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:56 am

On 2002-04-17 03:28, Gaeron wrote:
We've never seen pride before. The robed/shadowy figure was envy both times. It was Kane.

You're wrong about that. How can I say for certain? Kane's hand in this strip, holding the knife...
http://jack.keenspace.com/d/20020313.html
Is complete and reasonably normal looking. However, the cloaked figure that is thought to be pride had hands like this...
http://jack.keenspace.com/d/20020227.html
which are obviously emaciated and apparently decomposed in a very dribbly way.

We know Kane is envy because of how he talks about Silverblue's eyes but the cloaked figure seems more intent about talking about its own beauty and the beauty of its own home, hence pride.
- Onissarle

"Then another wonder was seen in heaven, a huge dragon" -Revelations, the New Testament, the Bible.
Onissarle
Regular Poster

Postby Urban Wild Cat on Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:40 am

Can't be jack. too sinister, ears not long enough. Looks more like Kane. (Again, ears)
Urban Wild Cat
Regular Poster

Postby Michael Ezaiany on Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:56 am

What I'm sure about, is that the dark figure is definitely not Drip. Maybe it is Kane... and what the hell is 'NOMIRRAN'?!?
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster

Postby Loopster on Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:46 am

Ok we have weened out that it cant be drip or jack..it might be him though..no ears so probably not. second off its not vanity*name right?), the hood doesn't look right, im now sayin its pride.
Loopster

Postby Arcaton on Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:54 am

Could it be one of those generalised little nasties surrounding Kane? like those who torment Angry Brian when he's not having rocks thrown at him?
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Postby Gaeron on Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:17 am

Okay, so I was wrong... eh... so we've seen all sins but Sloth.
Gaeron

Postby Michael Ezaiany on Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:07 pm

Those things surrounding Kane remind me of Reworks. BTW, Pride was the skinless figure (who else would you call 'cheap frat'?). Hmmm... that dark shape's forelock look like Drip's when he was alive. Then again, so does Wrath's. It's definitely not Kane and Pride has no hair, since Pride has no skin. I still think it's Jack (due to the robe-like shaped body) but I still wonder if it can be Drip in his alive form. Or Fnar? :smile:

Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster

Postby Gaeron on Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:19 pm

I think it be Jack too.
Gaeron

Postby Cypress on Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:23 pm

I think Kane might be a man.
Arena Master

Postby Michael Ezaiany on Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:28 am

Welcome to the forum, WolfLGO!

I know it's late, but better late than never. :smile:

Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Jack