The way out of hell

Yawgmoth
Regular Poster
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Wichita, Ks
Contact:

Post by Yawgmoth »

Yeah stupid angles what little do they no, the Way out of hell is Follow I-666 down to Wisconsin And get off at exit 17 North bound.. DUh ;P

Thats the way i go

Vazagi
Regular Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Vazagi »

Or just use the emergency exits :wink:

Mercer
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: the frozen wasteland of Great Falls, MT

Post by Mercer »

What emergency exits? "In case of a fire, please exit through the nearest sulfur vent in a calm, orderly manner. Remember, do not use the elevator!"

And, always remember, in case of a water landing, the damned soul next to you may be used as a floatation device...

Mercer
"I have often been described like a lighthouse in a swamp--brilliant but useless."

User avatar
Alfador
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by Alfador »

*chuckle* How very odd, two topics with similar names, on the same subject, one serious, one silly.

Maybe the way out of Hell is to take a positive action. Rather than thinking, "Oh, I'm damned, death sucks, may as well go kill/rape/eat somebody/thing...", if you do something that shows compassion or something, BAM, Hell can't handle it, you get kicked upstairs. And "upstairs" could mean either going to Heaven, or back to Earth for a "Game Over, retry one credit. (Insert 2 Virtues to begin new game)

And only ten rules? Woohoo! That means that other stuff that was called "sin" is, just as I thought, guidelines for living in that era. The Ominous Ten are the only absolute ones. And hey, I think I'm pretty clean with 'em. "No other gods before me..." If there are other spirits(open question), they're logically going to be less powerful than the Creator of the universe. "Honor thy father and mother..." I hope I'm honoring them enough. "Keep the Sabbath Day holy" It exists, doesn't it? It's holy, isn't it? Is that an excuse not to work? Nah. Scheduling is. "Do not bear false witness..." Actually, I do have a terrible feeling whenever I tell outright falsehoods, so whenever I feel it necessary (for one reason or another) to deceive, I try to do so with truth and careful omissions. "Do not covet..." If I didn't want something my "neighbor" had enough to pay hard-earned money for it, I'd eventually starve. I figure that's about where the line between "wanting" and "coveting" lies, "covet" is more where you want it so much you're willing to steal it or something.

...

Gee, maybe this should go in both threads. If you guys feel it's inappropriate in one or the other, I'll delete it. (If I see the objection; I don't come to this board as often as I do others! :razz:
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017

DarkBlood_Warwing
Regular Poster
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: gondwanda
Contact:

Post by DarkBlood_Warwing »

lol

hmmmm a way out of hell? now, now, now, somone is gonna get miffed, it's like saying "animals have emotions and souls"

*laughs* no I belive differntly, thus i act so. according to some religons, it's a one shot deal, you don't think god looks good in purple, you suffer forever, and cannot redeem yourself, be 'summoned' or re-live to fix wrongs.

some religons, thats all there is, do it over to get it right, if you are stuck up and greedy you may need to live as a poor folk, if you kill yourself you may be born with an illness or must help people.

or live as a goldfish i donno *shrugs*

Vazagi
Regular Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Vazagi »

What emergency exits? "In case of a fire, please exit through the nearest sulfur vent in a calm, orderly manner. Remember, do not use the elevator!"
Indeed! :smile:

DavidHopkins
Regular Poster
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by DavidHopkins »

The way out is through

Garoshy
Regular Poster
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Grimstad, Aust-Agder, Norway

Post by Garoshy »

Throught? Throught WHAT? could you be abit more spesific or do you like playing whit riddels?

As for think happy or do nice suggestion....
Isn't that a bit easy way to get out?
"UPS! I did a good thing! YES! Freedom here I come!!!"
People who don't know me see a shy and quite person
People who know me see a playfull and talkactive Lynx.
What do you see?

RiotGear
Regular Poster
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by RiotGear »

Woot! Looks like my fanfiction is already nice and canon from the looks of things. This works out great!

Vazagi
Regular Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Vazagi »

Throught? Throught WHAT? could you be abit more spesific or do you like playing whit riddels?
Did you even have to write that question? :wink:

User avatar
Alfador
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by Alfador »

On 2002-03-01 10:05, Garoshy wrote:
As for think happy or do nice suggestion....
Isn't that a bit easy way to get out?
"UPS! I did a good thing! YES! Freedom here I come!!!"
Didn't Jack once say that Hell was Hell because they MADE it like that? What I was thinking was, the main block to people doing good deeds is that they're generally not the sort of people who WOULD for no reason, since they do not know it's a way out. (And if they knew, then it'd be for selfish reasons.) That's why they're in Hell. ... Kind of a circular definition of Hell: Hell is the place where all the bad people go, and it's a bad place because the people there are bad... (I know, oversimplification...)
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017

Vazagi
Regular Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Vazagi »

Its in Short I : Dolphins

Fnar: Are the people down here like that when they get here or does this place them like that?
Jack: Well..
Jack: I think it is more like they make this place like this...

Ovalescent
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ovalescent »

No no no, you've all got it wrong. First, you need a sprinkle of fairy dust and some happy thoughts. THEN, fly to the third star on the right, then straight on till morning.

Vazagi
Regular Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Vazagi »

Do that, and i'll test my ground-to-air missiles...
Threads don't have points... Needles do.

BroiledUnagi
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Post by BroiledUnagi »

Out of curiosity, what commandment do you think Silver broke?
I think it was either "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" as it may tie into the whole gothic thing, or "Thou shalt not kill".
Nice and austere.

Cypress
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Canada, thats all youll get!
Contact:

Post by Cypress »

I think it was "Thou shalt not covet they neighboors wife" myself. :lol:
Arena Master
_________________
What happens when you die? Flip the switch and find out!

User avatar
Andrick
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: SMCAUSA

Post by Andrick »

"It was a big one..."

How many are in Hell for undeserved reasons? Once you are there, how long until you give up all semblence(sic) of ethics? I figure hope goes out the window as soon as one is judged and delivered to Hell. When hope is gone, how long 'til every moral one had in life is abandoned? If the way out is through redemption without expectation of reward then those in Hell are the least equipped to find it.

I had a feeling this would pop up...

User avatar
Alfador
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by Alfador »

That was actually one of the things I was trying to put across: People who go to Hell make the place what it is. And the place, in turn, makes them unlikely to take the actions that would lead them out. It's a vicious cycle (pun intended).
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017

Krikkit
Regular Poster
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by Krikkit »

The heavens fall...
But still we crawl.

(The way out is through)

Foddercat
Regular Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Foddercat »

I wonder what happens if someone just refuses to be judged?

Angel of Judgement: "Name please."
Elleot: "Mr. Reggie Umbertupper!"
Angel: "REAL name please!"
Elleot: "Richard Richardson!"
Angel: "......."
Elleot: "Hey, nice book!"
Angel: "What the! Hey! Come back here!"
Jack: "... I hate it when that happens..."

Locked