Page 1 of 1

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 5:13 pm
by Angel
I like the new keenspace message board layout and all, but we can't get to it from the regular Jack website! I wonder why? Has the address changed? Anyway. Anyone who can answer feel free to help me!

Jen

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 5:36 pm
by Foddercat
Well, the new forum is on a different adress, and I'm not sure whether I like it now or how it was myself... A little quicker now... but not as pretty... Ah, who am I kidding? I'm just resisting change :razz:

I'm pretty sure Dave's gonna update the link soon, so you'll (probably) be able to get to the new forum from the Jack page soon.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:01 am
by DavidHopkins
I'll begrudgedly update it yes, but ugh I hate this color scheme this layout,, ugh...

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:07 am
by DavidHopkins
The deed has been done, the mark has been made...

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:45 am
by Fergus
Ich.
Forum's connected to Jack again, so that's cool.
Forum itself is extremely uncool. (sorry, colors and things are uncool. Forum's residents are still cool)
What happened? I take it you weren't consulted Dave?

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:11 am
by Ashton Webster
I agree... people are the same, but the layout, the colors... good thing they haven't put MUSIC here. :smile:

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:19 am
by DavidHopkins
It wouldnt be music, it would be musak (Like what they play in malls)

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:23 am
by Ashton Webster
If they put here that weird musak thing everyone would be runnning in circles, screaming : "AAAARGGGHH! MAKE IT STOP!!!" :smile:

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:56 am
by BigNemo
Two or three things:

in the user preferences, there is now a 'theme' thing - doesn't seem to do anything actually (just tried to change from 'default' to 'ocean' - I guess 'ocean' is default...)

threads in the forum used to be sorted by date of last posting - looks like isn't working that way any more (maybe it's just me on Monday...)

a few codes for smilies have changed - if you use them , remember to check out.

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:02 am
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
On 2002-02-18 01:45, Fergus wrote:
Ich.
Forum itself is extremely uncool. (sorry, colors and things are uncool. Forum's residents are still cool)
What happened? I take it you weren't consulted Dave?
Considering that Dave's getting free web space for Jack (with the traffic of this board and for the comics themselves, bandwidth isn't exactly cheap), he doesn't really have a whole lot of room to complain. :wink:

(I agree, though, the new forum layout leaves something to be desired... Dammit, I want convenient thread-surfing controls! :razz: )

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:42 am
by Youmna
The thread-surfing controls are what get me . . . I liked being able to go from thread to thread without going back to the main forum page.

I wonder if anyone out there is listening to us complain. . .? :razz:

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:10 am
by Ashton Webster
Sure, someone is listening to us. And one day, he'll come down and beat the Hell out of us! :smile:

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:26 am
by Bryce
New... Colors... Making... Brane... Hert...

*begins search for some tool to strip color information from webpages*

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:37 am
by DavidHopkins
Well I see it this way, for all the trafic I'm creating = I'm doing my job of seeling Ad's well = I can bitch if I wanna;)

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:40 am
by Bryce
Well, at least there's a search feature now...

Or was there one before that I never noticed?

Or am I thinking of EZ boards?

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:24 pm
by Cypress
I dont know, cant really complain, the colours could of been worse and this scheme makes me think of a police officer's riot gear!

Now, if the board was pink and neon green... I would go apeshit and bitch for an eternity, faster load speed is nice though, and the hits aspect is groovy.

Did anyone see the smilly legend? there is a whole smack load of new ones to choose from.

The one thing I will complain about though is the lack of emoticons when you make a post, thoses little emotion header things will be dearly missed... although I'm sure they where causing more lag than anything.

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:15 pm
by Urban Wild Cat
Kyhm @ the E-Now forum set up phpbb (the BB provider that supplies this new board) at his site, and it was possible for the moderator to change the colour scheme.